Hacking Daigasso DX Song Download on Acekard 2i

kitimonfive4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I live in Thailand, and I bought an Acekard 2i a while ago. I downloaded a couple of "Backups" of games, and Daigasso DX was one of them. A friend living in Japan had a copy, and she told me that if I were to connect my Daigasso DX to Wi-Fi, I could download more songs. The question is, is this available around the world, and if it is, will the songs be saved in the .nds file itself, or will there be additional files. The closest Wi-Fi hotspot for me is 7 miles over, so I really want to be sure before I go.
unsure.gif

Esoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, why did you create two copies of the same thread? (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=162770&pid=2068030&st=0&#entry2068030)

Secondly, don't bother. Unless you own the real game, which you don't, you can't download from their online server. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't let you connect if it's launched from a ROM.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Esoth said:
Firstly, why did you create two copies of the same thread? (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=162770&pid=2068030&st=0&#entry2068030)

Secondly, don't bother. Unless you own the real game, which you don't, you can't download from their online server. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't let you connect if it's launched from a ROM.
Crappy servers + users crappy internet connection = double post

Welcome to GBAtemp.

geek_power

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shattering said:
You can't download songs for Daigasso DX unless you buy the ORIGINAL.
I always thought that once the ROM was loaded, it made no difference for the the DS or for any server if it is a backup ROM or a legit cartridge. So there is no way to check if it is the original game... Maybe I'm wrong...

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
geek_power said:
shattering said:
You can't download songs for Daigasso DX unless you buy the ORIGINAL.
I always thought that once the ROM was loaded, it made no difference for the the DS or for any server if it is a backup ROM or a legit cartridge. So there is no way to check if it is the original game... Maybe I'm wrong...
i'm not sure why, but yeh hes right, you can't download songs if u got the rom.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rubedo said:
You CAN NOT DOWNLOAD MORE THAN 100, PERIOD.
Deleting them from a dumped save DOES NOT MATTER.
Here's how it works.
Every single copy of the game has a unique ID code.
Nintendo's Wi-Fi service keeps a log of these ID codes.

Lets say, just for example, your legit cart's ID code is 5550022.
You go and download 20 songs, putting you at 80 remaining.
Every time you downloaded one, your cart basically said "This is 5550022, I'm downloading Song A, I have 80 songs remaining to download"
Nintendo's computers check "Yes, 5550022 does indeed have 80 songs remaining according to our database. You can download."

But lets say you got down to 0 left, and deleted to delete some from the dumped save of your legit cart. You now have 20 songs free, according to your song list in the game.

You go on Wi-Fi and your cart says "Hello, this is 5550022, I have 20 songs remaining, I'm gonna go get this song and-"
But Wi-Fi notices something odd! 5550022 actually has ZERO songs remaining! 5550022 tried to cheat the system!

5550022 is now banned from Wi-Fi
smile.gif

You cannot cheat it.
And the reason why you can't download from the dumped ROM is because it has a single ID, and when it was first dumped, a bunch of people tried to get some songs, and the ID quickly hit 100. It is now maxed out and banned from Wi-Fi.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1832446
DBBDX seems to be the only DS game that uses this "ID code system". Other DS games are identical from cartridge to cartridge to ROM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1