happy.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks a lot, deufeufeu! I really liked Daigassou, but that TOUCH was really annoying
smile.gif

Also the patcher is really good.

But I'm having a serious issue: I have a SuperCard miniSD, and the patched ROM has NO sound
ph34r.gif

Now I'm gonna try some patching options.

Also, is there any hope of a complete translation of the game?
smile.gif

EDIT: Ok, no problems now
smile.gif
I just had to remove DMA and Faster Game Transfer, strange, because the unpatched ROM works with these... Also, trimming the ROM causes to have a Patched ROM of 1,46mb which doesn't work
smile.gif

Good to see some thing translated
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't speak japanese, so I was not planning a translation at first... What I wanted to do is what I wanted to use : be able to import and edit tracks. The included editor does not allow you to have full control on the song you make (no tempo change, no custom mapping of key to notes, ect...)
I might ask warbird if he want to do the translation.

EDIT : about patching a trimmed file, as always, use the original rom. The patcher does not know anything about nds rom, it's a lot more simpler. I'll add a crc check in the released version of the patch system.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't speak japanese, so I was not planning a translation at first... What I wanted to do is what I wanted to use : be able to import and edit tracks. The included editor does not allow you to have full control on the song you make (no tempo change, no custom mapping of key to notes, ect...)

EDIT : about patching a trimmed file, as always, use the original rom. The patcher does not know anything about nds rom, it's a lot more simpler. I'll add a crc check in the released version of the patch system.
No, I was not talking about patching a trimmed file, I was talking about trimming the patched file!
wink.gif

Also, another serious bug... I was playing Melissa with drums, and before it starts, screen goes black. After that, I shut-off my DS, and start again Daigassou. Screen remains black and after a while, DS turns off. After deleting the save file the DS doesn't shut-off anymore, but the black screen remains and the game doesn't start!
ph34r.gif

adyum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks thats still good, I am just glad I know what song is what. Keep up the great work, even if you stop here I would still be happy.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow. I love your work. Lots of my favorites songs are in the patch though I wish there was a couple of more songs added from the "Japanese" list.

Anyway it's great.

PS. Not sure if anybody notice this but you spelled 'timpani' as 'tympani'. >_>

D

Deleted User

OP
Wow. I love your work. Lots of my favorites songs are in the patch though I wish there was a couple of more songs added from the "Japanese" list.

Anyway it's great.

PS. Not sure if anybody notice this but you spelled 'timpani' as 'tympani'. >_>

Will change it...
For now I can't release an editor, but if you request a songlist I can give you a patch. You can find a list of song on the daigasso page of my wiki : http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?ti...o_Band_Brothers

Just format your list of song as :
CODEcompil = ['mario.bin', 'mario64.bin']
the order of the song will be the one in the game and the name of the file is to be found on the list.

I can't release an editor right now, I've a paper to present at a conference and the deadline is the 14th of janury...

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this helps any, there's a board where guys have some information on the custom song creation, where you can import MIDI-esque formats into the save and play them. Pretty dead place, but they seem to know the format for the music, at least, or something to that effect.

Hope this helps.

D

Deleted User

OP
If this helps any, there's a board where guys have some information on the custom song creation, where you can import MIDI-esque formats into the save and play them. Pretty dead place, but they seem to know the format for the music, at least, or something to that effect.

Hope this helps.
As said before, all these editors use the save file format for songs, and it's not as expressive as the format used by the game. Of course providing a full-song editor will allow you to import those files into the game. From what I've understood, there's two kind of files up on this forum 1) those using a not-so-good midi converter 2) those entered manually ingame...

superfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you made this patch, which I'll try as soon as I get a windows comp to convert on, I used that forum. The midi converter was pretty good though unstable (ie many songs didn't work-length didn't seem to be the problem) I'd love it if you could release a few patches with different songs- ie one just for the expansion, 1 just for the original songs and some originals. Thanks a lot for your work!

Also, I know this doesn't have to do with band brothers, but what happened to the phoenix wright script editor you were working on?

D

Deleted User

OP
Before you made this patch, which I'll try as soon as I get a windows comp to convert on, I used that forum. The midi converter was pretty good though unstable (ie many songs didn't work-length didn't seem to be the problem) I'd love it if you could release a few patches with different songs- ie one just for the expansion, 1 just for the original songs and some originals. Thanks a lot for your work!

Also, I know this doesn't have to do with band brothers, but what happened to the phoenix wright script editor you were working on?
If you search the related topic you'll it.

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
About the file on hacken.cc named ABBJ_Perfect_sammy.nds.zip. Thats just a save or maybe a patch ?
The file i have is obviously bigger. Picture to show you below, i'm pretty sure it includes all the songs.
I haven't played it for years but back then i was running it on an old SuperCard SD.

perfectsammyjy8.png

btw i own the original games and have pics to prove it so i hope no one moans about the image.

Oh and nice work deufeufeu keep it up
happy.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance (if you get some spare time) to make a similar patch but just without any expansion songs added into the game?
happy.gif

otherwise, i'm still really thankful for the work. It's great to play this fun game with a few nice tweaks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A