D3-2 - What Options?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by hypersonic, Feb 28, 2010.

1. hypersonic
    OP

hypersonic Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    I've seen that the PCB can be replaced with a bit of easyish soldering, but once thats done do i "need" to chip the wii or will the softmod work again?
    Also is there any likelyhood of these drives being softmodded to read DVDs in the near future/ever?

I'm assuming the new PCB allows DVDs to be read and since the softmod is still fully functional that this would be a viable (and cheap) route to take?

Cheers for any info and appologies if this info is on here somewhere - been looking but can't see it [​IMG]

2. ephumuris

ephumuris Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2008
    Yes to first and no to second.

3. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    Just buy a whole new drive for it. Its under a hundo and its simple to replace. You can always get an external dvd reader as well. i recommend just getting a usb drive don't worry about disc loading. its pointless and bulky and slow. discs take up a lot of room. burning takes 15 mins.

go with usb you will not regret it.

4. hypersonic
    OP

hypersonic Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2008
    Well it's not for me but a friend, i'm happy just as long as a new drive/pcb will give the softmod a green light

thank you :-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice