D3-2 - What Options?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by hypersonic, Feb 28, 2010.

Feb 28, 2010

D3-2 - What Options? by hypersonic at 9:23 AM (760 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. hypersonic
    OP

Newcomer hypersonic Newbie

United Kingdom
    I've seen that the PCB can be replaced with a bit of easyish soldering, but once thats done do i "need" to chip the wii or will the softmod work again?
    Also is there any likelyhood of these drives being softmodded to read DVDs in the near future/ever?

I'm assuming the new PCB allows DVDs to be read and since the softmod is still fully functional that this would be a viable (and cheap) route to take?

Cheers for any info and appologies if this info is on here somewhere - been looking but can't see it [​IMG]

2. ephumuris

Newcomer ephumuris Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Yes to first and no to second.

3. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    Just buy a whole new drive for it. Its under a hundo and its simple to replace. You can always get an external dvd reader as well. i recommend just getting a usb drive don't worry about disc loading. its pointless and bulky and slow. discs take up a lot of room. burning takes 15 mins.

go with usb you will not regret it.

4. hypersonic
    OP

Newcomer hypersonic Newbie

United Kingdom
    Well it's not for me but a friend, i'm happy just as long as a new drive/pcb will give the softmod a green light

thank you :-)