D2x-cIOS/NUS downloader does not work

Ineedhelp69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I followed a guide on how to get D2x-cIOS on my Wii, but when i tried to download the IOS in slot 249 i got the following error code:"Net_gethostbyname failed:-6". I i tried multiple diffrent variations on the settings and nothing worked, i even tried setting up a mobile hotsop from my phone (i have diffrent provider on my phone then my Wifi i might add). After that i decided to try NUS download instead but when i tried to download the IOS( 56 and57) it said "downloading content failed : the the remote server returned a problem: (503) The server is not availaibe. Unfortunatley i can also not usen ModMii because i am using a school issued computer and it does not allow me to use ModMii.

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: SaulFabre

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
No you can use the str2hax exploit included in your guide + a fat32 formatted hdd to do almost all softmods without an SD card (but requires wifi on the wii). Everything except installing bootmii and making a nand backup can be done without an SD card. This is all noted in your modmii guide, something like: you can use a fat32 formatted USB HDD in place of an SD card to... Etc.

Edit: without bootmii and a nand backup u are fine so long as u don't do anything stupid, u can still install priiloader for some protection without an SD card. By "stupid" I mean uninstall priiloader accidentally by installing a new system menu, then install a bad wad or theme or bannerbrick or themebrick your console, u can recover from these types of bricks with just priiloader. There are other risky things too, like making a mistake during a region change. But so long as u don't do anything stupid u shouldn't ever really NEED bootmii or a nand backup. And if u want them, get an SD card. They are recommended, but not essential.

Edit2: I feel the need to tell u that generally you should never uninstall a wad, you can overwrite the files installed by a wad by just installing another one over it, again this is noted in your modmii guide, which u should definitely read very closely and carefully.

Last edited by XFlak,

FireKing74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you can use the str2hax exploit included in your guide + a fat32 formatted hdd to do almost all softmods without an SD card (but requires wifi on the wii). Everything except installing bootmii and making a nand backup can be done without an SD card. This is all noted in your modmii guide, something like: you can use a fat32 formatted USB HDD in place of an SD card to... Etc.

Edit: without bootmii and a nand backup u are fine so long as u don't do anything stupid, u can still install priiloader for some protection without an SD card. By "stupid" I mean uninstall priiloader accidentally by installing a new system menu, then install a bad wad or theme or bannerbrick or themebrick your console, u can recover from these types of bricks with just priiloader. There are other risky things too, like making a mistake during a region change. But so long as u don't do anything stupid u shouldn't ever really NEED bootmii or a nand backup. And if u want them, get an SD card. They are recommended, but not essential.

Edit2: I feel the need to tell u that generally you should never uninstall a wad, you can overwrite the files installed by a wad by just installing another one over it, again this is noted in your modmii guide, which u should definitely read very closely and carefully.
Thanks you bro for the help i Will try it now by following the steps as said

FireKing74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

just to make sure before I do something stupid. If I follow the steps and so on I can mod my wii, get the necessary cios files to play every game with usb loader gx put them on my wii with only a usb and Wi-Fi connection. No sd card or d2x

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
just to make sure before I do something stupid. If I follow the steps and so on I can mod my wii, get the necessary cios files to play every game with usb loader gx put them on my wii with only a usb and Wi-Fi connection. No sd card or d2x
Correct except for the last 2 words. It's correct that u don't need to run the d2x cios installer, but modmii will still have u install d2x but instead using a wad manager like yawmm, faster, easier, and less steps to do it this way.

FireKing74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct except for the last 2 words. It's correct that u don't need to run the d2x cios installer, but modmii will still have u install d2x but instead using a wad manager like yawmm, faster, easier, and less steps to do it this way.
I just Got done doing the setup. I have a Quick question, the cios it downloaded, is it Those i need to play on usb loader gx or do i need to download some other ones?

FireKing74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's all you need, plus a properly set up hdd or sd
Xflak the usb loader gx doesnt work, i have the cios installed and the games with the game id and so on to play them. Here is the problem, When i load it up it usually is just in a White screen where i cant do anything, i need to load it up several times before it lets me in and even when it lets me in i Cant play any game when i Press start it just frezzes i Can move my wiimote but cant press anything, Can u please help me.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Let see if u properly executed the softmod procedures, please post a syscheck
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Something else to check is the format of your hdd or sd.

Btw d2x cios installer as been updated to work again, find it on oscwii.org. But if you're using modmii u don't need it.

Last edited by XFlak,

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xflak the usb loader gx doesnt work, i have the cios installed and the games with the game id and so on to play them. Here is the problem, When i load it up it usually is just in a White screen where i cant do anything, i need to load it up several times before it lets me in and even when it lets me in i Cant play any game when i Press start it just frezzes i Can move my wiimote but cant press anything, Can u please help me.
USB loader GX can be very tricky. it only works for wii games if the roms are in that special place of an external hdd formatted fat32 (or wii partition). it really needs a stable connection if there is any unexpected slowdown or error it mostly kills the start proces. CFG usb loader is easier to configurate and diagnose, but less good looking, and a lot more settings.
depending on your mios mod is where you should store your gamecube games.
first mios mod for backub was only working for the games to be loaded from a SD-card, and not all games worked.
in stead of modding mios with cmios/diosmios(lite) you should go for nintendont, this works with original mios.

FireKing74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let see if u properly executed the softmod procedures, please post a syscheck
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Something else to check is the format of your hdd or sd.

Btw d2x cios installer as been updated to work again, find it on oscwii.org. But if you're using modmii u don't need it.
Here it is =
Suscheck Boot2 v4 Found 69 titles, Found 48 IOS on this console. 16 of them are stubs.
IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5149): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2,0
IOS251[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS254 (rev 65280): Stub BC v6 MIOS v10

Report generated on 03/27/2022

FireKing74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
syscheck is incomplete, I can't tell if the HBC or Priiloader are properly installed

But I can you're missing Bootmii installed as IOS, and you're missing a patched system menu IOS. All this indicates that you didn't completely follow your ModMii guide and somehow skipped to just installing cIOSs.

So you weren't able to follow the syscheck guide to properly post a syscheck, nor follow the modmii guide completely, I'm gonna venture a guess that the issue is probably easily solved in the material you were already supposed to have read.

For example, are you using a usb thumb drive? ModMii tells you some stuff about that and it's poor compatibility.

Anyway, your cIOSs themselves look fine

Reactions: Alexander1970

FireKing74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syscheck is incomplete, I can't tell if the HBC or Priiloader are properly installed

But I can you're missing Bootmii installed as IOS, and you're missing a patched system menu IOS. All this indicates that you didn't completely follow your ModMii guide and somehow skipped to just installing cIOSs.

So you weren't able to follow the syscheck guide to properly post a syscheck, nor follow the modmii guide completely, I'm gonna venture a guess that the issue is probably easily solved in the material you were already supposed to have read.

For example, are you using a usb thumb drive? ModMii tells you some stuff about that and it's poor compatibility.

Anyway, your cIOSs themselves look fine
So i need to install priloader and bootmi then it should work?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Nope, you need to install those to have proper protection in place. Your issue is unlikely to be related to your softmods as your cIOSs look good, it could be the format of your drive, bad rips, incompatible hdd (especially if it's a thumb drive), u could have it plugged into the wrong usb port, using an outdated usb loader, etc.. Seriously, the way you follow directions it could be anything, lol, I'm sorry but it's true!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro