D2x-cIOS/NUS downloader does not work

Ineedhelp69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I followed a guide on how to get D2x-cIOS on my Wii, but when i tried to download the IOS in slot 249 i got the following error code:"Net_gethostbyname failed:-6". I i tried multiple diffrent variations on the settings and nothing worked, i even tried setting up a mobile hotsop from my phone (i have diffrent provider on my phone then my Wifi i might add). After that i decided to try NUS download instead but when i tried to download the IOS( 56 and57) it said "downloading content failed : the the remote server returned a problem: (503) The server is not availaibe. Unfortunatley i can also not usen ModMii because i am using a school issued computer and it does not allow me to use ModMii.

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: SaulFabre

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...s-official-support-thread.207126/post-9781448

Modmii.github.io

You can use modmii portably without using the installer if that's your issue, just grab the latest zip from the releases page here
https://github.com/modmii/modmii.github.io/releases

Extract it somewhere and run it, no admin rights required

However if your PC has an anti virus that is falsely detecting modmii or its supporting apps as dangerous then you're probably out of luck and should use a different pc.

Last edited by XFlak,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What tool
https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...s-official-support-thread.207126/post-9781448

Modmii.github.io

You can use modmii portably without using the installer if that's your issue, just grab the latest zip from the releases page here
https://github.com/modmii/modmii.github.io/releases

Extract it somewhere and run it, no admin rights required

However if your PC has an anti virus that is falsely detecting modmii or its supporting apps as dangerous then you're probably out of luck and should use a different pc.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So you couldn't be bothered to watch the video? Maybe if I send you links to the right parts to watch it will help u get started...

What does each function do?

The main wizard or syscheck updater wizard will accomplish what u r after.

Where to start?

There are ways to just download cios's with modmii, but the main wizard or syscheck updater wizard will tell u exactly how to install them and provide u with a wad manager to do so, as well as help u install other recommended mods on your console.

I gotta be brutally honest, had u done any reading on modmii whatsoever or watched the video you would know all this already.

Make sure you carefully read either the post linked by matto21 above or this one
https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...l-support-thread.207126/page-483#post-9781448

If u don't read and follow this, you will have issues with modmii (as a first time user) until v6.6.4 is released

Edit: one of the functions described in the video literally has CIOS in the name, lol, but again I suggest u follow the main wizard and not manually download things cuz u can easily mess your shit up by guessing

Last edited by XFlak,

FireKing74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you couldn't be bothered to watch the video? Maybe if I send you links to the right parts to watch it will help u get started...

What does each function do?

The main wizard or syscheck updater wizard will accomplish what u r after.

Where to start?

There are ways to just download cios's with modmii, but the main wizard or syscheck updater wizard will tell u exactly how to install them and provide u with a wad manager to do so, as well as help u install other recommended mods on your console.

I gotta be brutally honest, had u done any reading on modmii whatsoever or watched the video you would know all this already.

Make sure you carefully read either the post linked by matto21 above or this one
https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...l-support-thread.207126/page-483#post-9781448

If u don't read and follow this, you will have issues with modmii (as a first time user) until v6.6.4 is released

Edit: one of the functions described in the video literally has CIOS in the name, lol, but again I suggest u follow the main wizard and not manually download things cuz u can easily mess your shit up by guessing

Sorry my bad. I Got it now but how do i put the cios in my wii? im not so good at this.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry my bad. I Got it now but how do i put the cios in my wii? im not so good at this.
You download the CIOS as WAD files, and place them somewhere in your SD card.
Then use a Wad Installer to install the CIOS as WAD files.
OR
Manually download the required CIOS (I think in this case is d2X-cIOS and install them with d2X-cIOS Installer.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u got it, u wouldn't be asking how to "put the cios in your wii". Run the modmii wizard, answer the questions as if your wii is a virgin even though it isn't, at the end of the wizard a custom guide will be generated based on your answers, and you can read this over as modmii downloads the files u will need to save to your sd and/or usb.

So to recap, install modmii, copy over patch files, run main wizard as if the wii was a virgin/unmodified, read and follow your custom guide. Then u will have cios and other recommended mods.

If u have additional questions please refer to one of the steps above, or the specific step in your custom modmii guide, that is giving u problems.

FireKing74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u got it, u wouldn't be asking how to "put the cios in your wii". Run the modmii wizard, answer the questions as if your wii is a virgin even though it isn't, at the end of the wizard a custom guide will be generated based on your answers, and you can read this over as modmii downloads the files u will need to save to your sd and/or usb.

So to recap, install modmii, copy over patch files, run main wizard as if the wii was a virgin/unmodified, read and follow your custom guide. Then u will have cios and other recommended mods.

If u have additional questions please refer to one of the steps above, or the specific step in your custom modmii guide, that is giving u problems.
Can i use usb to get modmii on my wii? Because it says copy to sd card and i dont have an sd card only usb

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
No you can use the str2hax exploit included in your guide + a fat32 formatted hdd to do almost all softmods without an SD card (but requires wifi on the wii). Everything except installing bootmii and making a nand backup can be done without an SD card. This is all noted in your modmii guide, something like: you can use a fat32 formatted USB HDD in place of an SD card to... Etc.

Edit: without bootmii and a nand backup u are fine so long as u don't do anything stupid, u can still install priiloader for some protection without an SD card. By "stupid" I mean uninstall priiloader accidentally by installing a new system menu, then install a bad wad or theme or bannerbrick or themebrick your console, u can recover from these types of bricks with just priiloader. There are other risky things too, like making a mistake during a region change. But so long as u don't do anything stupid u shouldn't ever really NEED bootmii or a nand backup. And if u want them, get an SD card. They are recommended, but not essential.

Edit2: I feel the need to tell u that generally you should never uninstall a wad, you can overwrite the files installed by a wad by just installing another one over it, again this is noted in your modmii guide, which u should definitely read very closely and carefully.

Last edited by XFlak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2