Hacking D2pro 4.2u help getting to 4.1u

j_internet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii NTSC with D2Pro9 f/w 2.3 util disk 1.7. This is the only mod is the chip. Console it at 4.2u. Just before updating to 4.2u / System update 41212 I was able to play PAL backups without issue. (brother updated)

Now when I insert a PAL disk it spins for a few seconds and stops. There is no icon change on the Wii menu. If I use a USA NTSC it works fine.
I f I use the Gecko loader I am able to swap disks and it works fine.
I am guessing that this is due to 4.2u blocking other regions. I looked at the D2pro9 config and region patcher is enabled.

1) Is this is problem with the D2Pro9?
2) How can I play PAL backups again
3) How can I downgrade from 4.2u to 4.1U?

I just want to go back to 4.1U. I cant find step by step on this as I am new to this I need this help.
Thanks again!!!

j_internet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Do you ever run in to a problem when selecting the IOS 249 and hitt A. The remote stop working and I can not continue??

j_internet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

I am glad you know what you are talking about. This is my first time doing this.... I dont get the relationship with the IOS and then the firmware version 4.2u. I am doing this now. In the middle of a NAND backup.

I will let you know in a bit.
ohmy.gif

Thanks again!!!

j_internet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going through the steps I am at 4.2u

All it good on the Midify 4.2 section then
Well running on to some issues. I get to part one of the Trucha Bug and then when I do the 2nd Part "Choose the IOS15 Press A" I get a Exception Stack / Code dump.. Cant get to the Press 1 or IOS36??

Well I am kind of stuck there..

Any help would be great!!!

j_internet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I finally got it! It said to try a couple of times. He was right. It took me 5 times in that step that finally worked!!!

Thanks for your help and pointing me in the right diretion!!!

I am now at 4.1U !

Thanks !!!

thomchode

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the D2Pro9 mod chip and also upgraded to 4.2U. I upzipped the ntscupdate.zip to my SD card and went to look at the channels on my SD Card. It shows the one channel but its called "???". When I click on it, it says MOVE, COPY or ERASE. Move and Copy don't work. What am I missing? I just want to play my dumb PAL backup games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.