Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurningDesire
    OP

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    I just and a brainblast or so they say in jimmy neutron. I'm am halting osu 3ds and bringing cydia to it. Picture downloadmii but with a ton of new features. This will also go together with a project i'm working on behind the scenes I need a cydia (just look up cydia for ios) icon that matches this theme pack I am really exited about this. I can't get into to much details yet. expect release in Q1-Q2 2016. I will update this thread with features once i got them all down i think you guys will really like this.

Edit: This will make osu 3ds halt to a stop
    Edit 2: maybe not but it will slow it down. (fuck lua)
    Edit 3: First Osu 3DS then Cydia 3DS (need to build the framework anyway)

Last edited by BurningDesire, Sep 17, 2015

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Finish what you're doing first come up with a POC with a general layout of what it would look like then jump projects.

Garcia98, lemanuel and Rinnegatamante like this.
  3. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    okay. good idea. I just had to post this. I'm going to do some mockups in photoshop. I can't use lua i've tried to lwearn i can't. There for getting images on the screen will now be 10x hard which is why i did this teo. this will require no images. (well maybe for the tab bar)

4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    What are you crazy so many people were looking forward to osu you really need to finish that first.

5. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    No matter what osu will get slowed down. I'll finish it first though since it seems i will be letting people down. I can't get libf2ds set up and that means i can't get images on the 3ds screen.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Does anyone have a tutorial to set libsf2ds up on ubuntu

6. Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 24, 2014
    Italy
    Bologna
    This is only caused by you think are good on developing only cause you created maybe some images for Pictochat 3DS when all the codes came from Tjessx.
    You should stop opening projects you can't end cause your lack of knowledge.

I'm quite sure you never wrote at least an Hello World.

7. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    You really are a jerk aren't you.

It's not my fault i have so many ideas in my head but i can't seem to make them happen no matter how hard i try. So every time i come up with something i think will benefit other people i try to make it. The end result is i can't then that is where @Tjessx came in. He said he'd help and i said okay. It's because of him you have pictochat yes. However, that would of never happend if i didn't start the project. It is also because of @Tjessx i have learned so much more then i ever would of from a book which is why i think i am capable of doing this ( even though i know i my heart of hearts im not) I just wan't to help people get around the scene better. While maybe i can't do it in code i can do it by bringing ideas and that is good enough for me. Who knows maybe someone will pickup my torch where i dropped it. All i want to do is help people @Rinnegatamante I come up with ideas that benifeit not only me but everyone else. People love pictochat, people want a easier way to get homebrew thanks to downloadmii's end and apparently people loved the idea of Osu 3ds. I may not be a man of code but at least i know what people want before they know they want it.

clank and WhoAmI? like this.
  8. Rinnegatamante

Nov 24, 2014
    Italy
    Bologna
    So stop saying "I'm starting this project" and post your ideas here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/post-homebrew-ideas-suggestion-requests-here.370320/
    Do you know that if someone were wondering about porting osu3DS with an announce of someone working on it will stop all the works?
    Do you know writing an online marketplace is difficult also for a normally-skilled developer cause socketing is not so simple as you think to manage?
    Do you know working on such a complex game like a rythm game is far away for a total unskilled developer?

Subtle Demise, Garcia98 and lemanuel like this.
  9. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Do you know that your a ass hole?
    I'm guessing you actually releasing projects made you cocky now that you have some cred you think you can go and slander other small/ new devs. Well here is news for you buddy That type of behavior makes you loose your credibility. Not so much as a developer but as a person.

marc00077 and clank like this.
  10. Rinnegatamante

Nov 24, 2014
    Italy
    Bologna
    A small dev don't type shits like a project who don't know where to start to finish when he have no idea how the starting homebrew (DownloadMii) works and so on.
    You know working on current source of DownloadMii is TOTALLY USELESS cause NH2.X and all its derivates (IronHax and similars) have httpc service broken and DownloadMii uses httpc instead of socketing? No, cause you don't know a fuck about developing.
    Have you ever seen topics like yours in this forum when a small dev says about a big project like a porting of a worldwide known rythm game such osu3DS which will never end cause he lack of proper skills? No.

I'm not going to answer you anymore, i just spent too much words for you.
    Hope people will open their eyes about how childish your approach is.

Subtle Demise and lemanuel like this.
  11. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    How i wish there was a dislike button @Cyan

Didn't they just put up a sticky thread about respect around this neck of the woods

clank and WhoAmI? like this.
  12. WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    Hey, the dude may actually start working on such a project. He might need some help on the way but at least he's trying. Threads like this may actually attract people to help him out with it.

clank, LinkMain111 and BurningDesire like this.
  13. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    That was my intent until @Rinnegatamante crushed me.

clank likes this.
  14. WhoAmI?

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    Ignore him. Do what you want, no one elses opinions matter but yours.

I do see where Reg was coming from. Never the less, he didn't have to get 'hyped' about it.

BurningDesire likes this.
  15. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Damn, it just got cold in here.

16. VegaRoXas

VegaRoXas GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Actually I wanted to do the same after practicing a bit :'D
    I know what Rinne means, just promise you'll actually start this project xD
    Hope this will be great some day.

BurningDesire and WhoAmI? like this.
  17. WhoAmI?

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    Once I get my 3DS fixed, I might attempt to help you out with this. It'll be a learning curve for both of us.

18. william341

william341 Last remaining VinsClone

Dec 26, 2014
    United States
    I will also try to help you with this.

19. Garcia98

Garcia98 Hey! Listen!

Sep 8, 2015
    Salamanca
    @Rinnegatamante is right, maybe he said it in a harsh way but you shouldn't start such complex projects if you don't really have a wide knowledge of coding.

730, Subtle Demise, lemanuel and 2 others like this.
  20. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    What he should of said is maybe something "You know this might be a cool project but from my understanding you don't have the knowledge to do this type of C yet, Might a suggestion you put it in the homebrew suggestion thread" See that is simple sweet and not a raging ass hole

Last edited by BurningDesire, Sep 17, 2015
    UraKn0x, Brawl345, 730 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.