Cyclowiz 2 problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shadow_14, Sep 6, 2007.

Sep 6, 2007

Cyclowiz 2 problem by shadow_14 at 1:12 PM (780 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. shadow_14
    OP

Newcomer shadow_14 Member

Portugal
    I just got my wii back from modding [​IMG] ,and i've been testing some games but sadly,i've got 2 games not working well [​IMG] :
    - Eledees : problems with the sound during videos,and takes a while to load
    - Resident evil 4: I get a DRE message after playing it like 2 minutes

I have a pal wii with a dms chip,could someone help me?
    thx in advance

2. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    Try burning slower speed and/or using high quality media. Try a high quality -R and +R.. see what works best.

Otherwise laser replacement or pot tweaking might be the solution.

Caution tweaking the pot on the wii is extremely delicate as the adjuster is literally mounted on the laser assemblies ribbon cable. I found out the hard way [​IMG] and broke it with inapropiately sized screw driver.. so I have a new laser on it's way.. [​IMG] .. [​IMG]

3. shadow_14
    OP

Portugal
    I've tried two brandes,sony and memorex: sony works fine (eledees just have the sound problem,now it works good altough there are some slow framerate sometimes but i guess its normal),memorex gives-me dre.Besides,i always burn at 2x,my burner sucks [​IMG] .
    Verbatim it's still good?

also,another thing: the resident evil 4 i have it's ntsc patched to pal,its necessary to run on 60 hz (my televison suports it,mas it make a strange noise on 60hz),does this have anything to do with dre?

4. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    Sorry, I have no idea why wii games would give a sound problem.

I take it from your post that you have your wii settings on pal60hz which should make it sync with NTSC games.

Maybe there is a cyclowiz update or settings you can change.

Try asking at www.wiinewz.com as you may find more cyclowiz users, if no-one here can help.

5. shadow_14
    OP

Portugal
    Actually it's on 50hz [​IMG] and the sound problem it's only on the videos (and it's only with eledees).
    The link you gave me isn't workin [​IMG]

6. shadow_14
    OP

Portugal
    Well,I've tried verbatim dvd's this time,and after trying sometimes,i finally got it [​IMG],Resident evil 4 is now working after being burned at 4x on a verbatim dvd-r.I couldn't try eledees because i've deleted the iso,but it dosen't matter,the videos aren't that important to the game [​IMG].
    Thx for the help sidneyyoung and good luck on installing your new laser [​IMG]