Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tatsu said:
Hmm my faith in TC is dwindling. First the Deal Extreme fiasco (which I was unfortunately a victim of lol) and now this? I'm really thinking about a SCDS1 now
frown.gif

Cyclo is better than a SCDS1, period. Everything the SCDS1 has, the Cyclo is getting it, or has it, and improved frequently.

If you're at a low budget, don't mind a lot of annoyances, then it's a great card. It has all the features the Cyclo has, except the Native 3-in-1 support, and has a great support team.

Taedirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tatsu said:
Hmm my faith in TC is dwindling. First the Deal Extreme fiasco (which I was unfortunately a victim of lol) and now this? I'm really thinking about a SCDS1 now
frown.gif

The entire DealExtreme thing sounded like DX made an end run around Team Cyclops and left them out of the loop entirely. Of all the people involved, Team Cyc seems to be the only one not at fault as they didn't even know DX was selling their stuff. The people it would have hurt are the official retailers who respected the current pricing scheme as they would have been sitting on merchandise they could no longer sell at that price, which is hardly fair to them. I gladly paid $100 for my entire flash cart set (CycloDS, a 3-in-1, and my miniSD card; plus shipping) and have been incredibly happy with it.

As for the link to the mod post, that sounds like he's saying what everyone else has been - they assume that everyone's running scared from Nintendo lawsuits, but nobody has actually heard a peep out of them personally.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RyoSaeba said:
Besides, the Supercard site never goes down. Why gamble on a half ass product like the cyclods that was probably a copy of other flash carts?
Yes it has, and with a very eerily similar message. Admittedly I've only seen it happen twice and both times the site was back up in a few hours.

As to Shane's post, well that's basically what I said the other day, 7/31 wait until tomorrow 8/1, when the site should be automagically re-upped but since that didn't happen... Just wait and see, as I expect as long as retailers still have Evolutions to sell and get re-supplied that TC just decided to let the website go down for a while. i.e. I'd only start to be worried if vendors suddenly started having an unusually difficult time getting re-supplied with Evolutions, which hasn't happened yet.

[EDIT]
As to other carts, if it were me and IF Acekard manages to up their production quality, I'd seriously look at an Acekard 2 as the SCDS1 has numerous little problems, and is generally slower than other cards as well as having recent bad batches with PSRAM failures which mean a useless cart int he case of the SCDS1 as they still haven't removed the PSRAM functionality dependency from the firmware. (The PSRAM is used for saving games in "unpatched" (patching disabled) mode, which the firmware then copies the save from PSRAM to uSD next boot cycle. 99.9% of games do not need to run in unpatched mode, and the only decent one that does (last I checked, haven't tried SP4 yet as I haven't touched my SCDS1 for months now) is Puzzlequest.) Also dslinux fails to run correctly on the SCDS1, and their firmware has trouble with long filenames as in it ALWAYS actually uses the short 8.3 filename as evidenced by the fact that new saves made by the SCDS1 ALWAYS create a 8.3 filename.

It's a decent cart, but unless you REALLY want RTS & ingame text there are plenty of other good and better IMO options available.

Of course your safest bet would be to blow the budget on an Acekard RPG for access to the opensource firmware, although that won't help you unless you can modify your own firmware to fix bugs, etc. or the people working on it continue to do so even if AK disappears, likely along with every other flash cart maker(unlikely as they're mostly based in China -> it's unlikely anything would ever really legally(or otherwise) threaten them unless they forgot to make their bribe installments to the "People's" "government" "officials".
[/EDIT]

Examo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RyoSaeba said:
Why would you want to do that? What if it never comes back and there will never be updates? New games might require a firmware update for it to work. Getting a cart without future support is just foolish.
There already is a game (a big title even) that requires a firmware update to work that CycloDS hasn't resolved yet. Dragon Quest V.

jHoNDoE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a very bad move...I also have the reader that doesn't work
for the money I spent I really need an explanation
wtf.gif

*censured* too rude
wink.gif

jHoNDoE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stiansoftcore said:
And stfu, they'll be back soon, so stop whining like a bunch of six-year-olds who's crying over some PSP games.
I hope so
wink.gif
this is my favorite card and I don't really want to sell it...

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jHoNDoE said:
stiansoftcore said:
And stfu, they'll be back soon, so stop whining like a bunch of six-year-olds who's crying over some PSP games.
I hope so
wink.gif
this is my favorite card and I don't really want to sell it...

I dont particularily see the problem either. If they dont release any new updates for the next year it will continue to work on probably 99.9% of games on the market. So the sites down? While you are busy calling in the national guard I`ll confidently order my 5th card =p

LuOmeoga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have faith is TC but I've been looking at the new flashcart coming in on DealWoot, KGB DS I think. Is anyone gonna splurge $50 bucks to get it or does it just seem like a remake Cyclo?

sbwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LuOmeoga said:
I have faith is TC but I've been looking at the new flashcart coming in on DealWoot, KGB DS I think. Is anyone gonna splurge $50 bucks to get it or does it just seem like a remake Cyclo?

I'd wait for a review first ... I believe some are currently being shipped to reviewers but I'd hold off until you know for sure ... the packaging on that KGB rocks though
smile.gif
. and yes it is based on the Cyclo but as to how much it's based I don't know.

The prices will probably drop on all cards once the 'lawsuit' calms down but until then ... supply and demand will mean you pay top dollar.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jHoNDoE said:
I will sell my CycloDS and buy something else today
I will never trust this team again.
Wow there, buddy. Just calm down and wait a bit more. Just because they don't have the site up means every single cyclo is going to explode? It still has all those amazing features you know.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
golden said:
jHoNDoE said:
I will sell my CycloDS and buy something else today
I will never trust this team again.
Wow there, buddy. Just calm down and wait a bit more. Just because they don't have the site up means every single cyclo is going to explode? It still has all those amazing features you know.
Just get a new microSd card reader. BAM. simple as that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff