Gman 101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gratefulbuddy said:
This happens regularly and people still freak out about it everytime.
I think its kind of funny considering how often fanboys praise TC's site/forums/support.

All those fanbois actually made me somehow believe that the TC site was some invincible indestructible supersite which could never be taken down... how wrong I was...

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Gman 101 said:
gratefulbuddy said:
This happens regularly and people still freak out about it everytime.
I think its kind of funny considering how often fanboys praise TC's site/forums/support.

All those fanbois actually made me somehow believe that the TC site was some invincible indestructible supersite which could never be taken down... how wrong I was...
What made you think that? TC owns a site, like any other site, like any other domain owner. They have to pay for hosting, bandwidth, etc, and it eventually runs out. They're only human.

Saladman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BotoxBetty said:
Maybe we could start a fund for cyclo to keep a web page going... who's in ?

I'll donate a few quid, poor cyclo team must be feeling the pinch, so it's only right to help out.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Srsly, they just passed over their bandwidth again, no biggie. All downloads can be found on GBAtemp's Download Center, and it'll be back up soon like last time.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BotoxBetty said:
Maybe we could start a fund for cyclo to keep a web page going... who's in ?
Didn't everyone, who has bought their products, already contribute to this?

As far as hosting goes, you think there would be something in between "invincible indestructible supersite which could never be taken down" and "site is down for a few days every month".

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
What's Going On?

Team Cyclops Forums Statistics
Threads: 8,607, Posts: 72,176, Members: 12,543, Active Members: 1,914

Newbies and R4 lovers are moving to the Cevo ... nothing alarming ;-)

You can browse most of the the site including recent posts from G... cache and everything else is here in GBAtEMP ...

If you can not access the support page and receive a Bandwidth Limit Exceeded message you can dig some mirrors for Cevo files :

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dlcategory=66 or http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Removed link to CycloDS Firmware 1.5 Beta 1 that was previously in the Downloads section of GBATemp now that CycloDS Forums are back up.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You are correct, it is Beta and only advanced users should use it. But in lieu of the TC website being out of commission for a few days, I posted it here. I will be removing it once TC is back online.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Since the site is down there is no reason to restrain anymore from posting it here right now ... it will save some bandwith also ;-)

In fact this is a very stable beta release ( previous stable release 1.41 with minor pretested new features ) not to mention some others betas were uploaded for people looking for them ( specially to recover old real time saves )

Just read the note below concerning RTS files

QUOTE said:
Evolution
TeamCyclops Staff

CycloDS Evolution v1.5 BETA 1

Its that time again A new line of BETA's, with the most notable new addition being the highly anticipated in-game text reader. Changes in this BETA include:
Added the in-game text reader feature
An alternative folder layout for game saves and RTS files is now supported
Configurable rumble strength though settings menu
Fixes to the cheat code engine
Various other bug fixes
Game compatibility fix (2436)

NOTE: We've fixed some issues with the cheat code engine - cheats are now working again with Zelda and some other problematic games. However, the fix has resulted in us using a new "hook" which will cause problems with any RTS files created with the v1.41 release with cheats enabled. If you haven't done any RTS saves with v1.41, OR if you always have cheat codes disabled when using RTS it will not be a problem - otherwise, loading one of these problematic saves on this BETA will most likely crash the game. We intend to fix this in time for the final release, however before we invest time in doing so we'd like to get some feedback regarding the performance of the new cheat engine hook. We don't want to waste time if for some reason we end up reverting back.

roflmywaffle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is a flood of traffic due to the R4 lawsuit & stop of production (people who own R4s looking for new carts, people who were interested in the R4 looking elsewhere, worried Cyclo users who want to make sure that they are still around, etc.) pushed them over their bandwidth limit.

Oddly enough, CyclopsDS.com is down for bandwidth; the teamcyclops.com is down with a generic account suspended page. My guess is that it's bandwidth as well.

JUST A WARNING: The 1.3 BETA KILLED (that's right, I'm not a noob- I got special diagnostic firmware from TC) which determined that my MicroSDs internal card controller was set off. Several users had dead cards that were unrecoverable, while some merely experienced corruption (reformat and good to go).

Just keep in mind that "beta" means "stuff can screw up".

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't use betas. It voids the warranty.

We don't upload here because it doesn't work for some of us. (Including myself)

We don't need to donate to TC. They're rich enough (charging us $50 for a flash card).

And the website downed last month too I believe. Usually it gets downed towards the end of the month. Team Cyclops isn't gonna pay money to keep it up for the remainder, they'd rather wait a few days till next month.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool