tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol glad to hear you made your decision

oh and btw
its not a big surprise that everyone pretty much recommended the cyclo since you posted the question in the cyclo ds section >.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gratefulbuddy said:
amemoryoncelost- It is out. PSXBoy and bamboogaming have AK2 in stock. Owners posting in AK forums too.
ojsinnerz- I don't think "proposed" features should factor in on ones flashcart choice. Besides running Homebrew, Commercial ROMs and media from moonshell what does Cyclo (or any flashcart) do? And your right, there are a lot of Cyclo fanboys right now who would praise TC and everything they do.

Nobody here really knows what AK2 is or is capable of. It just hasn't been out long enough to make a good comparison. If you want a cart that has been out a while (although opinion of the cart has changed drastically from when it came out), has a fairly large community of fellow owners and has had regular updates thus far get the cyclo.

Lol, I have a supercard DS1, and have no intentions of buying a new flashkart. The reason why I said they're good is because I have had a few good experiences with them, and they answered my questions quickly, and directly. I'm not a fanboy, but that's just how it is. Also, I hate fanboys.

imperfectimage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gratefulbuddy said:
I would rather have a well made open-source product than a low quality product that is locked into a company/team.

Is that the AceKard RPG? Hehe, I was tempted but 80-85 dollars was a little too steep for me, which was why I was wondering about the AceKard2. But it did make sense that what made the RPG good (open source) would probably not be incorporated into the AceKard 2 because they would literally compete againt themselves then. I think... I am probably wrong though since i am new to all this. And will open source really affect the way AceKard RPSG is played/used compared to all the other flashcarts? (I have no idea what open source is...is it revealing the sources for the firmware?). But anyways, let's stop or I'm going to start regretting my decision of purchasing the CycloDS!
hate2.gif
...someone please tell me I made the right decision
cry.gif

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
imperfectimage said:
gratefulbuddy said:
I would rather have a well made open-source product than a low quality product that is locked into a company/team.

Is that the AceKard RPG? Hehe, I was tempted but 80-85 dollars was a little too steep for me, which was why I was wondering about the AceKard2. But it did make sense that what made the RPG good (open source) would probably not be incorporated into the AceKard 2 because they would literally compete againt themselves then. I think... I am probably wrong though since i am new to all this. And will open source really affect the way AceKard RPSG is played/used compared to all the other flashcarts? (I have no idea what open source is...is it revealing the sources for the firmware?). But anyways, let's stop or I'm going to start regretting my decision of purchasing the CycloDS!
hate2.gif
...someone please tell me I made the right decision
cry.gif

Sorry, with all these "Cyclo vs." threads lately I've gotten confused. Open-source has nothing to do with this thread.
Cyclo is a very good card. I don't think you'll be unhappy with it.

podunk1269

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I suggest the cyclos, but one thing about these arguments bother me.

Price arguments, hell, buying the expensive ones is like buying 2 or 3 ds games, so dont they pay for themselves?

just my opinion ::Hides under flame proof cloak::

ChampionTWH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should of got the SCDS-1, it has more 'real time features' than cyclo-ds and also now has the ability to use DSTT software including the y's variant.

So for speed and single file xml cheat features, the scds1 excels, for the most advanced features the scds-1 is still no.1... the ability to run 3 loaders at the same time, just load whatever loader you like from any loader in use, is priceless.

I can't understand why everyone thinks the cyclo-evo has the same features as scds-1 becuase it clearly does not.... realtime cheat menu, realtime gameguide, multiple save slots, abilty to run with an untouched save routine by user choice....

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChampionTWH said:
Should of got the SCDS-1, it has more 'real time features' than cyclo-ds and also now has the ability to use DSTT software including the y's variant.

So for speed and single file xml cheat features, the scds1 excels, for the most advanced features the scds-1 is still no.1... the ability to run 3 loaders at the same time, just load whatever loader you like from any loader in use, is priceless.

I can't understand why everyone thinks the cyclo-evo has the same features as scds-1 becuase it clearly does not.... realtime cheat menu, realtime gameguide, multiple save slots, abilty to run with an untouched save routine by user choice....
Easy, as I own both, yes they have similar features. The ability to turn on or off cheats during gameplay means nothing to me as I think that I've used cheats once, and the one that I made use of enabled it by a button combo.

The BIG deal that the Evolution has over the SCDS1 is that overall it seems to be more compatible with homebrew, especially links/retawq/networking in general under dslinux AND the Evolution is just so much faster than the SCDS1 OTOH the SCDS1 CAN soft-reset out of many homebrew apps, which I also like. (This feature will potentially appear in v1.4 of the Evolution firmware.)

imperfectimage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel pretty good about going with the CycloDS. I just checked the forums for both AceKard and CycloDS (although it seemed to be down for most of the day), and true to everyone's word, the support for CycloDS IS a lot better. While the developers for the CycloDS interact with a lot of the posters, it did seem that AceKard had an admin/developer/moderator (not sure which it was) tell most of the people to email AceKard directly to get a response. I especially liked what I saw in the developers making threads for suggestions on newer patches.
biggrin.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the acekard 2 review just came out if you wanna go check it out
it got a gold award btw
i feel like i wanna try it out but i dont think my mom will want me with 2 carts
i would try every card if i could...
cant wait til im 18 and have a job!

imperfectimage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cry.gif
if I only knew that a review of the AceKard was going to be released.... screwed by my impatience again. Since it is on backorder at RealHotStuff, maybe they will let me return it and give me back the cost+shipping fee (since they haven't even shipped it yet)

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cant you just cancel your order?
then you'd prob just get a refund
(did you order before 3pm?)
and dont be so sad
the cyclo is worth it :]

imperfectimage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered it yesterday :/ I would have never thought that there would be so many things to decide on in buying a flashcart. Since they haven't shipped it yet (since it is on backorder), I am hoping that they will let me cancel cancel the order.

Troverman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now why would you cancel?
Both cards got gold reviews and, as we've seen in this thread the Cyclo has been recommended numerous times.
closedeyes.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
HOLD IT!

According to Phariohvisor ( I hope I spelled his name right), he said that the Castlevania didn't run properly on his Japanese Kingston.

"I was using a brand new, just opened, Made in Japan 2GB Kingston MicroSD card that was freshly formatted to FAT32 for a quick lag test, and was shocked to see that Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow’s intro did not run smooth. It is acceptable, but at this point in time, pretty much all flash carts can play this video without lag, it is odd that the AceKard 2 cannot accomplish this, instead it shows minor stutters."

He said. This means that it could have problems with other problamatic games. But in Urza's review, he only stated a few games, without the problamatic games, meaning it was unlikely for him to find a problem with such a small list.

I'll agree that Acekard is still worth it, especially for its cheap price in DX, and it's attractive looking GUI, but It's clearly obvious that CycloDS is still superier.

imperfectimage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for an average gamer to own 2 different flashcarts at one time?
blink.gif
I couldn't decide to I bought both (and too lazy to go through cancelling an order). I guess I'll just give/sell the one I don't want to a friend or something.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
imperfectimage said:
Is it normal for an average gamer to own 2 different flashcarts at one time?
blink.gif
I couldn't decide to I bought both (and too lazy to go through cancelling an order). I guess I'll just give/sell the one I don't want to a friend or something.
Sure, go ahead. Surprisingly, there's alot of people who own more than 3 in the forums.And, if you're gonna sell one of them, you can sell them at a higher price then you bought it for... That's how it is around Vancouver here, because most people don't know its price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work