Hacking CycloDS - Should I Buy Another One?

EliteKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think I might have some bad luck with this story. Around a year ago I read about how good is CyloDS and I got one. Around 3 months later it started going crappy, with games freezing and many other problems. Now, I'm still reading about how the Cyclo is still considered one of if not the best flashcart. So, should I buy another one or stick around with my old one?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, sounds like you ended up with a defective unit; they're rare but not unheard of. Unless you're planning to get a DSi in the future I'd say to get another one from a reliable source
smile.gif
I've had mine for over 13 months and it's still going
smileipb2.png

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EliteKill said:
I got mine from Real Hot Stuff... Where do you suggest?
I wasn't suggesting anywhere in particular (I can't even remember which site mine was from), but RHS should be fine
smile.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try getting another flash cart like the Acekard, because it's cheaper and that way you'll be able to figure out if it's a problem with the microSD or not.

Also, a way to fix many freezing problems with the Cyclo is to tape a piece of paper onto the sticker of the Cyclo (this is commonly referred to as the "paper trick"). This allows the Cyclo to fit more firmly inside the DS, making the contacts connect better. This has fixed many Cyclos, but mainly it was for people who have really old Cyclos (first batch), I'm inclined to believe that your problem is either a defective cart or a slow microSD.

Codify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My CycloDS is well over a year old now. Served me well, but is now starting to flake out - not making good contact with the DS Lite slot, so freezes up and has to be ejected/reinserted.

Was going to buy another one but the price (£35) is prohibitive compared to all the other cards on the market - it's good, but not THAT good. Not going to pay triple the price of an Acekard2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta check the wattage really and buy GaN brickd