CycloDS iEvolution: the first DSi mode flashcart!

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
i dont think it will go over 50$ and this itself is too much... 45$ max and thts quite a good price ( i remember buying my r4 for this price albeit in AUS Dollars which is pretty much the same as US dollars these days)

Then you obviously don't know Team Cyclops.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
cool; can't wait to buy one when available. BUt where can I buy it if I can't use Shoptemp anymore?
Seriously, what's with all those "oh noez, shoptemp clozed, were can I get my flash cardz nowz" posts? I mean, before shoptemp opened, people got their flashcarts from other places. And googling flashcarts for sale isn't the hardest thing in the world. Neither is checking all the topics about "where can I buy ****" or "is ***** a trust worthy site?".
[/rant]

You could buy it from
RealHotStuff.com
0shippingzone.com

...and a bunch of other sites, which I can't currently recall at the moment.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MFDC12 said:
Evo.lve said:
shakirmoledina said:
i dont think it will go over 50$ and this itself is too much... 45$ max and thts quite a good price ( i remember buying my r4 for this price albeit in AUS Dollars which is pretty much the same as US dollars these days)

then you obviously haven't seen this

www.[censored].com?

I'm guessing Price Angels?

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
MFDC12 said:
Evo.lve said:
shakirmoledina said:

then you obviously haven't seen this

www.[censored].com?

ndscard sale is originally where i linked to. preorder is 50.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So this pretty much is what we wanted in hacking the dsi right? Dsi mode homebrew? It may not be a homebrew channel but it seems like the ultimate hack.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
www.[censored].com?

it is [censored] (can i say this? sorry if i cant.) . found out w/ bing and it's set at 49.99 there.

edit: ha, it already censored it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm super interested to see what type of homebrew could come out of this. the problem now is to spark the interest of homebrew devs who have left the ds alone since palib died out. camera and sd access might make all the difference!

personuser said:
I bought my first M3 perfect for $90. This is NOTHING.

my flash2advance was $145 shipped and can only hold 2 GBA games at a time. it was worth every penny.

-another world

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. If it is hardware based solution, I don't really see many other flashcart manufacturers making another cart to take advantage of it with the advent of the 3DS and devoting more resources to cracking that. However, if it really is common key based then I can easily see manufacturers of DSi compatible flashcarts to update them to be able to access the DSi stuff. I'm hoping it is the latter since I have a SCDS2 but just got some early Christmas money so I might be able to get this if I wanted to.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wonder how they achieved this: IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong) the DSi checks DS cards this way:
- post-DSi-release DS cards (even not "enhanced" ones) have an additional RSA signature, that is ignored by DS Phat and DS Lite.
- the older cards (all DS Mode-only, obviously) are all in a whitelist in the DSi NAND (it should be a list with SHA1 sums of binaries, overlays, header etc).
According to Team Twiizers, all the current DSi flashcards work like this: when the DSi "asks" for header, binaries, overlays etc. to checksum them, they "answer" with the genuine data from a "whitelisted" exploitable game (this is why all of them have an original game icon/title). The DSi launches the "game" (obviously), but when the game binary loads the "exploitable" overlay, the card this time "answers" with the hacked one, and after the exploit is successful, the flashcard code gets executed.
Now, of course no DSi Enhanced game uses the whitelist (it would be foolish), they all use the additional signature. The DSi binary is also encrypted.
Maybe they just put a full DSi Enhanced game on the iEvo, one that loads an exploitable savegame on startup (basically, an "automatic" cooking coach exploit
tongue.gif
)?

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is the one feature I'd repeatedly said would redeem TC in my eyes, so I guess I owe them an apology for getting impatient and annoyed with all the recent website/forum/etc. troubles.

Good job. This new development should keep things interesting until something can be done with the 3DS.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
squirrelman10 said:
how did they unlock DSi mode? why cant the SuperCard team do the same and just implement it into the DS2?

Because they haven't got the common code to unlock the encryption.

how do you know this for sure?
edit: i realized you were probably talking about the supercard team

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MFDC12 said:
shinkukage09 said:
So we get this, then we get the DSi Common Key from it. Simple as that. All TC are doing is trying to be greedy and keep it for themselves. Oh well. I'll wait til they yank the key out of it.

we don't know this for sure. it could be a hardware exploit, as stated before.

also, its business. of course they are not going to want competitors to get the key right away if they have it

So what if it's a hardware exploit? It's not hard to figure out what it is. The moment the rest of the teams get their hands on this, they'll do exactly what everyone did with the SCDSTWO: Copy it. SCDSTWO with DSi-compatibility? Yes please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...