CycloDS iEvolution: the first DSi mode flashcart!

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
MFDC12 said:
shinkukage09 said:
So we get this, then we get the DSi Common Key from it. Simple as that. All TC are doing is trying to be greedy and keep it for themselves. Oh well. I'll wait til they yank the key out of it.

we don't know this for sure. it could be a hardware exploit, as stated before.

also, its business. of course they are not going to want competitors to get the key right away if they have it

So what if it's a hardware exploit? It's not hard to figure out what it is. The moment the rest of the teams get their hands on this, they'll do exactly what everyone did with the SCDSTWO: Copy it. SCDSTWO with DSi-compatibility? Yes please.
Which is why I'm hoping it is a software exploit.
biggrin.gif

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love how some fourmites are bashing the DS2, now instead of them desiring it there totally saying the DS2 sucks now. Just wait till SC gets their hands on how the TC exploited DSi Mode, i bet still the DS2 has more ram and processing speed, just speculating of course

Kickstarts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd buy both the CycloDS iEvolution and the DSTWO, the first for DSi enhanced games, and the DSTWO for games without those, and generally for GBA and SNES emulation. They're both essential for a DS games, I guess =O

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
stab244 said:
shinkukage09 said:
MFDC12 said:
shinkukage09 said:
So we get this, then we get the DSi Common Key from it. Simple as that. All TC are doing is trying to be greedy and keep it for themselves. Oh well. I'll wait til they yank the key out of it.

we don't know this for sure. it could be a hardware exploit, as stated before.

also, its business. of course they are not going to want competitors to get the key right away if they have it

So what if it's a hardware exploit? It's not hard to figure out what it is. The moment the rest of the teams get their hands on this, they'll do exactly what everyone did with the SCDSTWO: Copy it. SCDSTWO with DSi-compatibility? Yes please.
Which is why I'm hoping it is a software exploit.
biggrin.gif
Whatever exploit it is (IMHO there's just a full DSi game on the iEvolution, with a hacked savegame loaded on startup) it will be cloned by other teams, with an update (if possible) or a new card.
Don't you imagine why all the DSi cards (except SuperCards) always used the same exploitable game (Tak Juju Challenge, then Danny Phantom, now Alex Rider)?

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this was the ace up their sleeve. This is probably what they were doing the whole time they weren't updating the Cyclods.

I guess they're hellbent on being the best flashcard team...

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kickstarts said:
I'd buy both the CycloDS iEvolution and the DSTWO, the first for DSi enhanced games, and the DSTWO for games without those, and generally for GBA and SNES emulation. They're both essential for a DS games, I guess =O
Hypothetically, you wouldn't need an onboard CPU on the CylcoDSi because it unlocks the full clock CPU on the DSi. Once a homebrew emu for GBA & SNES is released, it should run smoothly.

Kit_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a SC dstwo! LOL...

I will be buying this for sure. When is it supposed to be released?

Do you think the SC will be able to work in DSi mode after this is out awhile, or is this a hardware exploit?

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
jgblahblahblah said:
Actually for the 1.4.1 update dstwo cloned EZ-Flash.
Are you sure? EZVi exploits Tak: The Great JuJu Challenge, while DSTWO exploits Fish Tycoon.
smile.gif

(So I correct my previous statement, EZ Team too didn't clone other cards).

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Kit_: There is a 99.99% chance that the SuperCard DS2 will never unlock the DSi mode.

I say 99.99% because of two things.
1. This may simply be a hardware exploit, which would be easily enough ported to the DS2.
2. If it is not a hardware exploit, it means that Team Cyclops have decrypted the DSi and found Nintendo's common code to unlock DSi Mode. There is an absolutely tiny minuscule chance that Team SuperCard will find said common code.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I think it would be even more amazing if TC managed to get their own icon to show up instead of those other games icons. Would be nice. Sometimes my SC2 messes up and actually loads up the Fish Tycoon data that is on there instead.
ohmy.gif

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kit_: There is a 99.99% chance that the SuperCard DS2 will never unlock the DSi mode.
QUOTE said:
1. This may simply be a hardware exploit, which would be easily enough ported to the DS2.
2. If it is not a hardware exploit, it means that Team Cyclops have decrypted the DSi and found Nintendo's common code to unlock DSi Mode. There is an absolutely tiny minuscule chance that Team SuperCard will find said common code.

wait what? ur making no sense here, if its a hardware exploit it can be ported so that means 99.99% it can be done not "never" SC team can make the DS2 run in DSi mode

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, this is awesome news and can't wait to buy one of these!

quick off topic question to another world, when they send you samples do they personally send them to you, or do they send you from a reseller? the reason i ask is because i wonder where there based out of.

with the original dsi youtube vid, the account was in Gaza, the sites hosts are all around the place, us, china, hong kong.

but the description states they have "superior european quality".

You don't have to answer this publicly a pm will suffice , I don't want an address, or even a city. I just wonder what region there in, Obviously they have taken a good step to protect there location this just bugs me to hell. xD

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Living Shadow said:
wow, this is awesome news and can't wait to buy one of these!

quick off topic question to another world, when they send you samples do they personally send them to you, or do they send you from a reseller? the reason i ask is because i wonder where there based out of.

with the original dsi youtube vid, the account was in Gaza, the sites hosts are all around the place, us, china, hong kong.

but the description states they have "superior european quality".

You don't have to answer this publicly a pm will suffice , I don't want an address, or even a city. I just wonder what region there in, Obviously they have taken a good step to protect there location this just bugs me to hell. xD
They are in Europe. I know for sure because Gamekool told me before that they don't sell CycloDS products because its to expensive for them to buy them from Europe and they can't get in touch with the Cyclo team like they can with the Chinese teams.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys, i didn't want the threat to be hijacked, that's why my question was pointed specifically at AW, but since you answered it before AW could get to me, and Jakob95 told me about it, it's not a big deal anymore.

thanks again
smile.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
how did they unlock DSi mode? why cant the SuperCard team do the same and just implement it into the DS2?
Because those flash cart teams just want to make a fast profit with as little investment as possible. They'll probably try to reverse engineer the CycloDSi for one day, and if they can't get it, then they'll just quit.

Or they're not smart enough, but to assume this would be racism.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
squirrelman10 said:
QUOTE said:

wait what? ur making no sense here, if its a hardware exploit it can be ported so that means 99.99% it can be done not "never" SC team can make the DS2 run in DSi mode

I'm saying it's one of two things: a hardware exploit, or the decryption of the common code.

If it's the hardware exploit, then it can be ported.

If it's not, it can't.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
squirrelman10 said:
QUOTE said:

I'm saying it's one of two things: a hardware exploit, or the decryption of the common code.

If it's the hardware exploit, then it can be ported.

If it's not, it can't.
I would have thought that you meant it the other way around. If it's hardware you can't port it since the DS2 hardware is already made along with all those other DSi compatible flashcarts. If it isn't (read: a software exploit) then it can be since you can change the software on the DS2 and others.

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh... every time I'm thinking about buying a flash card...

I'm just hoping that this allows people to search further into the dsi and find a way to soft-mod it or install custom firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro