CycloDS iEvolution - Is it really going to be worth it?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Aijelsop, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    Although it is the first flash cart to run in DSi Mode... Are you really sure it's worth it?

The current flash cart is $40... Whats this new CycloDS iEvo going to cost? Shouldn't we just wait until the R4, Acekard, or Supercard teams figure it out?

Just something to think about.

2. Aurora Wright

Member Aurora Wright GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    I'm quite sure it's going to be cloned by SC and other "capable" teams in a few weeks.
    I don't really trust Team Cyclops anymore (and I used to own a Cyclo), so I think I'll wait (maybe an update to the other cards' bootloader will be enough).

3. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    It would have to be priced competitively for it to sell. As this question has already been raised in the news thread, I'm not quite sure why this warranted its own thread.

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I doubt it will cost more than $50; they know that people are accustomed to ridiculously cheap flash cart prices nowadays.
    And who knows when or if the other flash cart teams will release a DSi-mode flash cart? (Actually, a trusted seller- Ozmodchips said that another flash cart team is releasing one in January)

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States

6. Stevetry

Banned Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP

Puerto Rico
    get a dstwo witch is proven to be good and cyclodsi only gives you as a extra shitty dsi games

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Troll less please.

The cyclo does not currently run DSi gmaes (that's in the future), but it gives homebrew access to the extra hardware.

8. haddad

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Even if it is like 50, i think it is a bit pricy but if it can run in dsi-mode and has all the features that the ds2 has, I would buy it myself >_<

P.S even if its like 55 bucks, i want to buy it and add to my collection 0_o

9. EJames2100

Member EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Depends, if it's a hardware thing, then other teams would have to make a new cart.
    If not, then a patch could be released for the carts that could work it.

10. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    DSTWO proven that they can't get anything right you mean. Lets see, you can but a DSTWO with an SNES emu that runs at 10 fps, an ereader that can't read ebooks, a movie player that claims to be able to play FLV but thats not really true. The GBA emu looks like crap because of frame skip. Or you could get an ievo that actually have advanced features that work. The only card to unlock DSi mode and access the sd slot. It unlocks the full power of the DSi so EMU is bound to be better than on the DSTWO. We'll be able to use DSiWare at some point. I feel really let down by the DSTWO so I'll sell it and come up with $20 so I can buy this.

11. Rasas

Banned Rasas Banned

United States
    Your probably not going to buy it right away so your better off waiting for the reviews also Supercard tried and succeeded in some regard. Sure the features didn't work as well as they should sometimes but at least supercard usually has on time firmware updates with support for older products. Cyclo and supercard also highly depend on people to make homebrew and emulators so maybe the emulation of older games and homebrew will not get far which I doubt and hope does not happen.

12. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    CycloDS iEvolution will pwn all other flash carts. No doubt about it.

13. ThePowerOutage

Member ThePowerOutage The Lord of the Flyes

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] And you know this how?
    You do realize the CPU in the SCDS2 is way more powerful than the DSi's and that TC haven't announced a GBA EMU yet?

14. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    well if your like me and stuck with your DSlite than the iEvolution isn't at all worth it [​IMG]

15. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    If TeamCyclo are going to do the whole SDK thing like SC, it is not going to get very far. And those that do sign up know little to none on writing any good code to use any of the features except for a small handful that are pretty much affiliated with the group.

Take for example SC's SDK on the SCDS2, there is little to NONE outside what is produced by them with the SDK.