Hacking CycloDS Evolution v3: Loading Questions

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello All

I just received my 2nd CycloDS evolution (black) in today and I had noticed something different about it when I booted it up.

When first booting up the CycloDS Evolution with a new MicroSD(HC) I noticed that it takes a lot longer to boot to the main menu.
It also takes longer too boot up the icons as well once in the menu. The same goes for when you load up a game, it takes twice as long even three times as long.

However if you power down and boot up again with the same MicroSD inserted. Boot times decreases drastically, there is no boot delay for the icons to appear and when loading up a game it loads much faster two to three times faster.

Now if I was to change the MicroSD(HC) and insert another one. The same process occurs again until I power down and boot up with the same microSD inserted into the CycloDS Evolution.

So can I ask why this happens? I'm not complaining I'm only curious as to what is happening? It'd be nice if some one can clear this up for me
smile.gif

Anyways thanks for replying

Jimmy

c2ironfist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"CycloDS Evolution creates some temporary files the first time you use a new MicroSD card. The creation of these files takes a few seconds, but it only happens either when you use a new MicroSD or when you update the firmware version."

Response from TeamCyclops

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-