Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Sorry for the nOOb question, I just received my EZ Flash 3IN1 today and am trying to use it with my cycloDS evolution card. I have the GBA roms on my microsdhc card and can see them within the cyclos menus, but when I go to start them I get this error message.

-A compatible Slot 2 device was not found.-
unsure.gif

My Cyclos is updated with firmware version 1.51.

Do I need to use Rudolph's ExpLoader in order for the EZ Flash to be recognized? Again sorry if this has been answered before, I was not able to find anything with the search function.

smile.gif
Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.
Regards

staze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bobbarooskie said:
Never mind I got it working.

Damn, I like my DS more for the GBA games lol
gba.gif

Can I hear how you did this? Exploader is all I can get to work...the CycloDS doesn't want to recognize it. You get the RAM expansion to work?

staze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup. says "no compatible slot 2 device".

GBA Exploader shows it as being a 3in1Pls, which I'm guessing means the CycloDS support just isn't there yet.

staze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, go figure. just ordered one with a cyclods and that's what came. I mean, cool that I got the latest and greatest, but sucks that things don't seem to work too well with it right now.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep but i saw that there was a download for an updated source code for the plus does anybody know if it works on the cyclods

dwulf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I am having the same problem. I have a cyclo ds evolution, updated to 1.51 firmware, and just received my EZ 3in1 today in the mail. When I turn the DS on and get to the main nintendo menu, it says there is no gba gamepak inserted. Then, when I try to load EXPloader v0.57 thru the cyclo, it tells me that a Slot2 expansion pack was not found and powers off. Are there any other utilities/files I need to get the cyclo talking to the EZ 3in1? As far as I can tell, I don't have the 3in1 plus, just the standard 3in1. My endless thanks in advance to any help you guys might be able to offer.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dwulf said:
Hi guys. I am having the same problem. I have a cyclo ds evolution, updated to 1.51 firmware, and just received my EZ 3in1 today in the mail. When I turn the DS on and get to the main nintendo menu, it says there is no gba gamepak inserted. Then, when I try to load EXPloader v0.57 thru the cyclo, it tells me that a Slot2 expansion pack was not found and powers off. Are there any other utilities/files I need to get the cyclo talking to the EZ 3in1? As far as I can tell, I don't have the 3in1 plus, just the standard 3in1. My endless thanks in advance to any help you guys might be able to offer.
get gbaxploder v0.58b see if that works and if it says it's a plus if neither then it's probably defective sry

staze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to get Exploader .58b to use it. CycloDS will not recognize it. After speaking with the CycloDS tech support, it's a known issue that will be addressed in a future firmware update for the CycloDS (they need to integrate the code for the 3in1Pls into the CycloDS firmware).

For now, though, you can use Exploader to play GBA games. Rumble and the RAM expansion don't seem to work.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need to copy SoftReset.CEVO on the root of your microSD to be able to use Rumble and RAM expansion under GBAexploader.

staze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
indeed... and that makes Exploader see them, and act like it's enabling them (brief rumble), but Opera (patched/unpatched), or games patched/unpatched (for rumble) do not work.

I've seen others complain about this with the 3in1Plus on the teamcyclops forums, as well as on the forums that EZFlash uses.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This bug must be reported to rudolph then.
wink.gif

BTW, i think TC will integrate the new 3in1plus source code to their firmware. It's just a question of time, as usual

staze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, they've said they will:

From TC earlier today via email:

"Hello,

We are aware of the new hardware EZ 3in1(PLUS) and the R&D team have been
informed.

Please frequently visit our web page to see if a new firmware supporting
the device is avalaible.

Thanks for you support."

dwulf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again. I was able to get the GBA games working with the EXPloader 0.58b. Thanks a lot for your help, guys! I thought I had the latest version of exploader but I guess not. I'll be sure to keep checking the cyclo site for further updates that will provide full functionality for the 3in1. The main reason I purchased the EZ 3in1 was to play GBA games, so I'm happy! Thanks again.
smile.gif

JeriSting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All!

New guy here. New to this world of Homebrew, new to all of it.

Seems like I'm *too* new, and could use some help.

My CycloDS also does not read my EZ flash 3 in 1. I'm running v.1.53 on the Cyclo, and just received a brand spankin new EZ Flash V.

No matter how I try to remedy this problem, nothing will let my card or my DS recognize that the EZ flash is in. All programs have failed... and when I try to register at Cyclo's forums, it seems my email was banned, and no email's are allowed to the admin... even though I've *never* been a member there
tongue.gif
Go Figure. Does that mean the EZ is busted? Am I missing some crucial step?

I took EZ out of the box. Put it in my DS. Tried to load GBA Exploader. "SLot2 expansion pack not found". Tried to boot from CycloDS. "Compatible Slot 2 device not found". I feel like I'm missing some sort of software.... or something. Searches in google lead me anywhere but to an answer. Can someone please walk me through this like I'm slow?
unsure.gif

EDIT: EUREKA! With the new CycloDS 1.54B1, Games are enabled from the CycloDS Menu.... just no RAM or Browser support.... *yet*

xtinct84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JeriSting said:
EDIT: EUREKA! With the new CycloDS 1.54B1, Games are enabled from the CycloDS Menu.... just no RAM or Browser support.... *yet*

Us 3in1 plus users will have to wait a few months to get full functionality. Since the total pop of the users is still fairly low the push for the RAM/Rumble source code has been placed on the back burner. For now.

staze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JeriSting said:

Where do you find Beta's?

UPDATE: nevermind... found it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol