CycloDS Evolution in-house at GBAtemp

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it should, it says in there manual that it would work the Rumble Pack and Opera RAM Expansion pack so I'm guessing it would with the EZFlash 3 in 1.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So pretty much this thing is the N-Card but has presumbly softreset and way better download play..

It's more like cheese, but then with a MicroSD slot, a different shape, and it can play all roms/dldisupportinghomebrew/downloadplay, etc.
Saying it's 'just like' N-Card isn't correct here, it uses external storage instead of a slow slot2 thing, different UI, way better dp-compatibility, and more feautures...

@topic: Can we have the skinning files? I'd like to see how much is skinnable and how.
smile.gif

I'm also interested in the problematic games compatibility, which other cards had to depend on good MicroSD's like Castleavania PoR and THPS Downhill thing.
smile.gif

Cyclops posted the instructions for skinning on their forum.
How to make your own skins
happy.gif
Cool, thanx.
happy.gif
I think it was pretty obvious that I meant that the Cyclo had external storage.. besides, what "extra" features do you speak off? You mean downloadplay and cheat support? Since thats really all it has.... that is "extra" anyway. Soft reset and cheat support are coming in a new firmware update anyway, so its moot. Heck, even download play could be fixed, since when you write to the N-Card it replaces the entire firmware, so they could essentially make it work.

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Hello all

I receive too my sample today (in order to make a review on my French blog of linker test) and I wonder something:

Mine is hard to put out from the ds. Indeed, when I push it to make it leave frome the slot 1, there is a resistance, I have to push hard in order to make the arises work. shaunj66 do you notice something like that ?
My post might be funny, because I am French, so explaining such a technichal thing...lol

But appart from that, at a first view, this linker seems to propose really interessant options
smile.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i heard ppl with flashcarts can play pokemon online any more ?

maybe want to test that out see if this card will work

That was only with people who used certain cheats like all shiny, all pokémon and get advanced pokédex or something afaik.
I think it was pretty obvious that I meant that the Cyclo had external storage.. besides, what "extra" features do you speak off? You mean downloadplay and cheat support? Since thats really all it has.... that is "extra" anyway. Soft reset and cheat support are coming in a new firmware update anyway, so its moot. Heck, even download play could be fixed, since when you write to the N-Card it replaces the entire firmware, so they could essentially make it work.

Ok, they both play roms so they're the same. The rest is just extra so it doesn't mather... ^o)
And if Download Play could just be fixed with firmware updates, then why haven't they done so yet? Even then, the possibility that the download play might be fixed in the feauture maybe, is quite less impressive then having the support for sure already.

QUOTE(shaunj66 @ Jun 11 2007, 08:28 PM)Does anyone know a good list of DS download play games or have some they want me to test? I've tested a large number of the most popular ones so please give me some lesser known games to tesrt.
Hmm don't know a list, but here are a few that are not the most popular ones, but had problems with some cards:
0080 Nanostray
0320 Super Monkey Ball
0371 Worms
0406 Snowboard Kids
0459 Big Brain Academy
0580 42 All-Time Classics
0640 Winning Eleven

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i heard ppl with flashcarts can play pokemon online any more ?

maybe want to test that out see if this card will work

That was only with people who used certain cheats like all shiny, all pokémon and get advanced pokédex or something afaik.

Ok, they both play roms so they're the same. The rest is just extra so it doesn't mather... ^o)
And if Download Play could just be fixed with firmware updates, then why haven't they done so yet? Even then, the possibility that the download play might be fixed in the feauture maybe, is quite less impressive then having the support for sure already.

Does anyone know a good list of DS download play games or have some they want me to test? I've tested a large number of the most popular ones so please give me some lesser known games to tesrt.
Hmm don't know a list, but here are a few that are not the most popular ones, but had problems with some cards:
0080 Nanostray
0320 Super Monkey Ball
0371 Worms
0406 Snowboard Kids
0459 Big Brain Academy
0580 42 All-Time Classics
0640 Winning Eleven

As for the "why didn't they update download play" maybe.. because they don't care.. if you own a flash cart, you are doing better service just to get your friend one rather then have him leech off of you. Since the N-Card is dirt cheap (40$ for 2GB version, 15$ for 512MB version) you are just better off doing that. I don't play them, I've told all of my friends about flash carts, and now we all have slot ones.

Cheat support can be done, Soft Reset can be done, and downloadplay could probably be done. When and if they do it is a different story, most people don't care about either though. The only thing really people care about is cheat support. Which could be done.

THeLL

Trophies
Website
www.acekard3ds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
(blurry) video: Click

Video is from CycloDS with Warcraft Tower Defense. It doesn't seem to work, it asks for a map folder... (is this a common error?)

CycloDS doesn't seem to have 100% compatibilty with download play though
frown.gif
:

Source: http://www.ndss.nl/forum.php?n=modules/for...&d=3&o=2&q=1527

Trioncube hangs at loading screen, errors with Surfs up too...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CycloDS doesn't seem to have 100% compatibilty with download play though
frown.gif
:

Source: http://www.ndss.nl/forum.php?n=modules/for...&d=3&o=2&q=1527

Trioncube hangs at loading screen, errors with Surfs up too...

That's ROM compatibility, not Download play compatibility!
Yes Surf's Up and the European release of Trioncube don't work.

The USA copy of Trioncube DOES work and download play works fine in it.

The team are aware of the issues.

Hellios

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia

Darktalon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if they actually can deliver on real-time saves, that would be reason enough for me to upgrade from my R4.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just tested 41 individual games with download play and they all worked perfectly.
grog.gif
So the download play so far is still 100%

Edit: Even with enhanced mode (soft reset etc) that is. And they were all untrimmed. Some games would NOT work with download play when trimmed but the original copies work fine.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just tested 41 individual games with download play and they all worked perfectly.
grog.gif
So the download play so far is still 100%

Edit: Even with enhanced mode (soft reset etc) that is. And they were all untrimmed. Some games would NOT work with download play when trimmed but the original copies work fine.
Nice to hear! Hard to believe that even with enhanced mode that download play works fine. Though it sucks for people that like to trim that not all games will work with download play that way. Doesn't matter to me though, I never trim.
smile.gif

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

nuge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66: May I ask the specific kind of microSD card you're using? (I don't think you gave the brand name?) You said it worked with the more graphically intensive games too, right?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That and support for SDHC cards... which are in this case redundant.

They may be redundant now, but in a few months 4gb MicroSDHC cards will be around the same price as 2gb MicroSD cards now.

- Sam

Its still redudant,

1.) There is no way to know whether or not R4 supports 4GB or not until someone tries it
2.) There will be 4GB SD cards that aren't HC.

1) The host has to specifically support SDHC. I'm pretty sure the R4 will not support SDHC cards. But I'm not saying anything one way or another.
2) But the 8GB ~ 32GB cards are what counts really!

I can't test SDHC either way as I can't afford to buy one at their current prices. And I already had to pay fucking import tax on the Cyclos this morning.

QUOTE(nuge @ Jun 11 2007, 07:54 PM)
shaunj66: May I ask the specific kind of microSD card you're using? (I don't think you gave the brand name?) You said it worked with the more graphically intensive games too, right?

I'm using a Japanese 1GB PNY Card. I have tried the Ultra II Sandisk micro 1GB and that appears to work fine too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda cool, but what a mess it would be. And I would weight 500 pounds with all my screw ups...