Hacking Cyber Gadget Save Editor Now Supports Pokemon X/Y

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any other save editors aside from PkHex?

There are some others. There is the Japanese one that was referenced back near the front of the topic. The biggest downsides are it is all in Japanese and it does not support dynamic editing in conjunction with the modified Save Editor. All it does is spit out the AR style codes.

There is another "editor" (and I use that term loosely) called Pikaedit, but I personally don't think that it is all that great. It is basically just a glorified pkx file creator and is nowhere near as slick as PKHeX. This is the one that PokeChampion kept babbling on about how great it was. It was OK months ago when both it and PKHeX were just starting, but after awhile, it fell by the wayside and any "updates" released seemed to copy heavily off of PKHeX. The program also kept crashing on me as well.

Bottom Line: In my opinion, PKHeX is the way to go. It is pretty much identical to Pokegen. It bypasses the need to apply an edit using the AR style codes. You can alter anything and everything just about. Also, if you cannot write let along speak Japanese, it provides language support in several languages. This is just my opinion, so take it for what it is worth to you.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Technically it can as it was able to in a previous version. (Any build prior to May 2nd had unrestricted ability selection), but for some reason the author of the program arbitrarily decided to limit ability selection for no damn reason even though the selection of moves remains unrestricted. It would be near impossible to code it so it only allows legal moves for pokemon (since each pokemon could have egg moves, event moves and countless other combinations), so why do something half baked and limit ability selection?

At least give us the ability to enable/disable ability restrictions. I want to recreate Paul the Bidoof dammit! And I can't with this draconian ability selection limit. :P

I found a old version and was able to add Wonderguard to a Bidoof, but being that only the post May 2nd builds can inject PKX files into saves (at least I think so anyway), there's no way to get him injected. Unless there's an alternate program that does this. If you open a PKX file with a non standard ability, the current version of PKHeX automatically resets the move to a legal one. :(

Of coarse none of this matters right now as I do not own a Japanese cart nor the Cyber Gadget. :P

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically it can as it was able to in a previous version. (Any build prior to May 2nd had unrestricted ability selection), but for some reason the author of the program arbitrarily decided to limit ability selection for no damn reason even though the selection of moves remains unrestricted. It would be near impossible to code it so it only allows legal moves for pokemon (since each pokemon could have egg moves, event moves and countless other combinations), so why do something half baked and limit ability selection?

At least give us the ability to enable/disable ability restrictions. I want to recreate Paul the Bidoof dammit! And I can't with this draconian ability selection limit. :P

I found a old version and was able to add Wonderguard to a Bidoof, but being that only the post May 2nd builds can inject PKX files into saves (at least I think so anyway), there's no way to get him injected. Unless there's an alternate program that does this. If you open a PKX file with a non standard ability, the current version of PKHeX automatically resets the move to a legal one. :(

Of coarse none of this matters right now as I do not own a Japanese cart nor the Cyber Gadget. :P

"No damn reason" is to easily filter the legal ability list and automatically fill the Ability number byte so that it is easier to edit/make legal Pokemon.

The ease of use trade-off in exchange for the rare 'I want a hacked ability' is warranted. Plus it helps prevent people from using illegal things online against unsuspecting players. You yourself might not be malicious, but don't underestimate the internet.

Since the source code of PKHeX is public, anyone can make a private revision to bypass this (which is what Lopunny did). Usually if you have the know how, you also have the smarts to not use it for the wrong reasons.

Simon Blackquill

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, there should be a Legal and Hack mode like in Pikedit, to satisfy both sides, with legal you can remove illegal moves from the list for extra convenience.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
"No damn reason" is to easily filter the legal ability list and automatically fill the Ability number byte so that it is easier to edit/make legal Pokemon.

The ease of use trade-off in exchange for the rare 'I want a hacked ability' is warranted. Plus it helps prevent people from using illegal things online against unsuspecting players. You yourself might not be malicious, but don't underestimate the internet.

Since the source code of PKHeX is public, anyone can make a private revision to bypass this (which is what Lopunny did). Usually if you have the know how, you also have the smarts to not use it for the wrong reasons.

Well yes, I understand why the author did that. But it's too bad it wasn't coded to be optional. Yeah I have no plans to use a hacked Bidoof online, but those who do, will just recompile the program anyway if the source is open like you said. So if the author did it to prevent hacks, it's counter productive as those who are out to do it anyway will just edit the source code. :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you can make anything have anything
Well yes, I understand why the author did that. But it's too bad it wasn't coded to be optional. Yeah I have no plans to use a hacked Bidoof online, but those who do, will just recompile the program anyway if the source is open like you said. So if the author did it to prevent hacks, it's counter productive as those who are out to do it anyway will just edit the source code. :P
yeah but the kinda trolls who would be instantly pissing about on passerby battles wouldn't really be able to edit it and compile it to do that....but inevitably someone will release a prepatched version to get some +10 troll points

KenoDB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are a lott of them getting corrupted dude? I mean,is it a common thing?

I got my Cyber editor since it started supporting XY, and I could say.. Yes corrupting your game is a very common thing specially if you are massively editing crazy stuffs like me. lol It will give you bad eggs too sometimes, so it is advisable to have a Japanese 3ds also so that you could check your stuffs after you did your edit. If by chance your game got corrupted, you could always reload your latest good save. And also even though I got like tons of bad eggs and data corruption since I got the editor, I NEVER bricked my game.. Unlike Powersaves, I bricked 2 games because of it, and It happened by just loading their servers. Cyber gadget also works fast!

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my Cyber editor since it started supporting XY, and I could say.. Yes corrupting your game is a very common thing specially if you are massively editing crazy stuffs like me. lol It will give you bad eggs too sometimes, so it is advisable to have a Japanese 3ds also so that you could check your stuffs after you did your edit. If by chance your game got corrupted, you could always reload your latest good save. And also even though I got like tons of bad eggs and data corruption since I got the editor, I NEVER bricked my game.. Unlike Powersaves, I bricked 2 games because of it, and It happened by just loading their servers. Cyber gadget also works fast!

Stop using codes and instead use the "main" file replacement interrupt method. Incomplete codes (that only partially overwrite the pokemon data) cause the bad eggs. Plus PKHeX has bad egg detection so you can just overwrite/delete them.

KenoDB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stop using codes and instead use the "main" file replacement interrupt method. Incomplete codes (that only partially overwrite the pokemon data) cause the bad eggs. Plus PKHeX has bad egg detection so you can just overwrite/delete them.
Oh I see, that explains it. Yes, I actually found out about my bad eggs when I first started PKHex. I will start only doing the main method for editing from now on then. Thanks btw!

ryanfarrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you transfer an EU/US save (far along enough to use Pokémon Bank) into a brand new Japanese copy of X/Y (with no save file) by simply backing up your save file via powersaves, decrypting it, and then injecting it into your JP cart with the cyber gadget software? I've seen it mentioned a few times but it can't be that simple surely?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P