OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Just recently found this:

This software is to be used a replacement for the PSP's XMB. However it's still in the works, and not stable enough for daily use. It is inspired by Android's famous custom rom, CyanogenMod. Take note, this does NOT allow you to run any android software on a PSP and it never will. The psp doesn't have the hardware capabilities to do that. The purpose of this software is to allow you to do the anything a PSP can do, with a different UI and additional features like a built in file manager and text editor. Think of it has a launcher (seen on androids) but for PSP, with additional features. It's purpose is similar to that of iR Shell. I have not added in any auto-boot functions as yet since the software is not yet stable. The app still has quite a lot to do, and I could use some help with developers if interested.

H2GhLxC.png

JJxd9n1.png

:arrow: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2782864
Hold up while I dust off my PSP and install Cyanogen on it :yaypsp:

Reactions: Joel16 and Codename

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried it a few days ago. Its novel for the first 10 minutes then you just realise that there is no point fixing what isn't broke. Its slow, cumbersome to get around and a lot of the icons you click on don't do anything and are just there for show. I like the idea of a fully replaceable XMB, but this isn't it.

To be honest, some of the really well done Dynamic themes like P3P give your PSP a much needed facelift alongside the normal XMB

Reactions: 2Hack and raulpica

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it a few days ago. Its novel for the first 10 minutes then you just realise that there is no point fixing what isn't broke. Its slow, cumbersome to get around and a lot of the icons you click on don't do anything and are just there for show. I like the idea of a fully replaceable XMB, but this isn't it.

To be honest, some of the really well done Dynamic themes like P3P give your PSP a much needed facelift alongside the normal XMB

Maybe you're forgetting that this is just a PSP? I'd like to see you do any better, but whatever opinions are opinions.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe you're forgetting that this is just a PSP? I'd like to see you do any better, but whatever opinions are opinions.

Alright pipe down lol. I'm merely pointing out that in its current state it's not really that usable and that it's more hassle than its worth and that a lot of things don't work on it. No need to get menstrual about it :)

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an update. Just a breif notice, online updates no longer works (because I doubt I'll continue this project for long) and the boot animation has been stripped to support all PSP's. The change-log's down below with the download link under it.

- UMD : Honestly I can't get this to work. I don't own a PSP with a UMD slot, so without testing and debugging its gonna be quite difficult. Sure there a lot of samples around, but I do not like releasing without knowing whether its gonna work or not. So until I can rely on a tester, this is never going to get fixed.

- Calculator: still haven't gotten around to this yet. You can only use the analog keys to highlight the numbers and operators for now. (Not available in standard releases)

- Adhoc messenger: still haven't gotten around to this yet. (Not available in standard releases)

New welcome screen
XHE30au.png

New game menu
litu4GO.png

OSK
q5qrnsT.png

Custom Fonts​
[youtube]irwcVUpKXSw[/youtube]

Security Features​
[youtube]6eLv11aoS-w[/youtube]

New game menu​
[youtube]CvI2aDiODsU[/youtube]

App highlighting animation​
[youtube]6eLv11aoS-w[/youtube]

Stopwatch​
[youtube]kUYI8L_g4-Y[/youtube]

Changelog
Code:
Features:
- Added android lollipop key tones:
    + Lock and unlock screen tones
    + Screen-shot captured tone
    + Lollipop's key-press tones - It is now only activated when something can be triggered/opened.
- Implemented Theme system:
    + Allows you to change fonts (real time) - uses PGF fonts only for now. Use ttf2pgf to convert ttf or oft fonts to PGF
    + Allows you to change into one of CyanogenPSP's provided wallpapers.
    + Restarting is no longer required for changing wallpapers.
- Re-organized time and battery display.
- Re-organized digital time system.
- Limit string length in certain areas - Allows for a more cleaner and user friendly look.
- Uses normalized audio files for tones.
- Added security settings:
    + Added password lock option. (20 character password, that can be written in any language)
    + Added 4 digit pin lock option.
- OSK uses your default language on your PSP.
- Added option to view bin files in file manager.
- Added option to create folders in file manager. (Press the R button while in the file manager)
- Revamped Game menu
    + Includes new game boot animation.
- CPU states are now saved. They no longer reset after exiting.
- App drawer/Home icons can now be highlighted when using the cursor.
- Improved remote-joy lite integration.
- MP3 Player now displays the following:
    + Song title (rather than the audio file's title)
    + Artist
    + Album
    + Year
    + Genre
- Integrated Stop watch under clock app.
- 24 Hour time toggle has been added under Settings>Display>Time.
- Quick settings now displays "Power-save" if the CPU <= 133 MHz, "Balanced" if CPU >133 MHz but <300 MHz and "Performance" if CPU >= 300.
- Added storage statistics under system/storage.
    + Displays Total Storage in MB
    + Displays Available storage in MB
- Displays PSP's nickname on the top right corner in quick settings.
- New status bar icons
    + Now displays USB debugging icon when USB is activated from settings/performance/storage.
    + Now displays music icon, when listening to music or whilst a song is being played in the background.
- Revamped welcome screen.
- Overall Performance and Stability is improved.

Fixes:
- Added ISO directory check to prevent crash.
- Fixed browser crash caused by the boot animation system.
- Fixed glitch-y keyboard
- Fixed buggy CPU states readings.
- Massive clean up!11!! - Check my git. - (Eliminated all warnings my compiler threw at me)
- Use bin files for storing passwords. (cause they're cooler :P)
- Fixed key tone playing twice on one press.
- Fixed OSK no longer being able to be accessed once data entry has been cancelled.
- Fixed toggles being displayed even when quick settings is pulled down in the miscellaneous tab.
- Fixed incorrect font colour when dumping UMD Boot.bin and memory.
- Fixed music crash after selecting another song whilst a song is playing in the background.
- Fixed name and password not being displayed in recovery menu in PSP system information tab.

Download CyanogenPSP 5.2

Download ttf2pgf converter (simply move the ttf font in the same folder as the makefonts.bat file is, and click on makefonts)

Feel free to check out my website which displays the current features and gives a brief description about each of them.

Reactions: Hargrun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1