Hacking custom wii theme help

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Stang said:
Here I took softmii tweaks from 2.9.5 and up'd it for you. Put the app file in the softmii folder which is in the root.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1993e99...04e75f6e8ebb871

edit

Might want to install preloader if you are worried about a brick....I really don't see how you can brick besides installing an out of region app file.

awesome man that worked perfectly! theme is in and installed. would have been nice to get the matrix or that dark magic theme though.

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Shark

I wouldn't. The latest bundles are causing some people problems....just wait it out or install the apps indivdually from their original source. Only thing new you are getting from SoftMii is the tweak application (and a revised cIOS that nobody understands what the hell does).

@blade

The Matrix theme is ugly in my opinion. I tried the Windows theme (was buggy), along with matrix and the pirate theme....the pirate theme looks the best by far (to me). I am sure peeps are working on the conversions.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a theme has graphics that are the wrong size, this will cause a banner brick. Not a big deal with preloader installed, but can be a problem if it not. Perhaps buby76 or someone else with theme making experience can confirm this.

If you ask me its stupid not to have preloader installed if you install any wads or custom themes at all. It only takes one bad wad to brick your wii, so the fact that Bladexdsl has never bricked his wii doesn't provide much comfort. Much more comforting is the ability that preloader provides to uninstall bad wads or themes even when the system meun is banner bricked. And preloader takes about 5 seconds to install.

By the way, I like your themes buby. Have the wiid theme up right now.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
tried to run softmii tweak get some fucking sf auth failed error and it exits to hbc!!
mad.gif

QUOTE(Stang @ Apr 27 2009, 06:56 PM) Here I took softmii tweaks from 2.9.5 and up'd it for you. Put the app file in the softmii folder which is in the root.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1993e99...04e75f6e8ebb871

edit

Might want to install preloader if you are worried about a brick....I really don't see how you can brick besides installing an out of region app file.

for those wondering, the softmii tweak toy is a lame outdated version of mymenuify. stick with mymenuify instead. and follow this to use it correctly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?