Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my first theme I'm super proud of.

It's themed off of Fire Emblem 4. The top image was put together portrait by portrait, while the bottom was a bit more complicated.

The bottom screen is animated, so when you scroll the units sprites change. Basically what I did was cut out a portion of a map (chapter 1 to be specific), make a template, cut out sprites for 2 units (3 frames each, can't do 4 because you can do a max of 3 with the 3DS) and stitch each frame to 3 copies of the map template. Sounds a bit complicated... but it was mostly just time consuming.

I also included a link to a zip with BGM (only a few I really liked, if I get requests for more I might convert them too) from Fire Emblem 4, in case you didn't like the music I put with it by default.

In addition to this theme I have two others (basically one) from Fire Emblem 4. Those were mostly me testing the tool though as those were my first ones.
Preview.png

Download Link
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok this theme was waaay harder to make. Process to make in the spoilers.
Like the last theme, every single unit in the bottom was hand placed 3 times (once for each frame).

Top screen process: First I took a few screenshots of the scrolling text at the end of chapter 5, and meshed it together (although the first line is at the very top). Next I found a portrait png and ripped Quan & Sigurd from it, put em opposite of each other & threw in the title screen in the center. All that was left was some minor adjustments after testing on my 3DS. This wasn't too hard.

Bottom screen process: I spent most of the hours on this part, I had to do a part of it twice because I made the map too high (the units were cut off from the top). Basically, I made a cutout from the chapter 5 world map (found online) to what you see at the bottom screen, sans the units. Next I downloaded a gif sprite for every unit you can see in the picture (22 of them I think) and got a plugin for paintdotnet to read agif (animated gif, I just had to change the file extention of all the gifs).

This was the hard part. First, I found a picture of the scene online to compare my product to (this is also how I determined what units sprites to download). Before I go on.. I should explain that the bottom screen in split into 3 frames. Each unit in fire emblem has 3 frame, so I had to do the bottom 3 times to get all the animations in. So I had to drag'n'drop the units one by one onto the field (I tried to get them pixel perfect in alignment but I'll explain more on this later), and once I was one I would go to the next frame, doing the same thing and also checking that the sprites are in the same exact position as the last frame.

This part will probably sound confusing thanks to my story telling skills. Thankfully I had the sprites locations as a seperate layer to the world map, so when I replaced the world map (to fix the clipping issues with units at the top) I just had to drag the units down all at once and put them at their proper place. At this point it's been 5+ hours and I didn't really care to align them to the in-game grid perfectly, but I did make sure they were aligned with the other frames.

So yeah, fun stuff. Probably the last FE4 I'll do for awhile.
Preview.png

Download

Last edited by sniper_x002,

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@Ryumaru I tried using your borders and folders but when i use it on 3ds it look slightly missplaced to the left (for folder) and to top for big border (the smaller one looks normal), here it looks exactly like these images

HNI_0090.JPG
HNI_0090.png

HNI_0091.JPG
HNI_0091.png

oh yeah for information, i havent edit your borders n folders, i just left it as it is and import it to my theme

MetalMatty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can Someone post an already done/create a 3ds theme of HXH 2011? i would appreciate a lot if there is the intro song of chimera ants saga :D

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@Ryumaru I tried using your borders and folders but when i use it on 3ds it look slightly missplaced to the left (for folder) and to top for big border (the smaller one looks normal), here it looks exactly like these images

View attachment 73938 View attachment 73939
View attachment 73940 View attachment 73941

oh yeah for information, i havent edit your borders n folders, i just left it as it is and import it to my theme
This is one of the errors that I will explain how to fix in the extra part of the border tutorial.
And I will explain how to correct the sizing error gives folder when I post the tutorial on how to create folders.

Can Someone post an already done/create a 3ds theme of HXH 2011? i would appreciate a lot if there is the intro song of chimera ants saga :D
https://3dsthem.es/?q=user:Ryumaru+hunter

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@miraclaime Does this error appear in Usagi Preview mode ? Why does it show any possible error that might appear in the textures.

This error is not appearing in the theme that I did.

HNI_0008.JPG HNI_0007.JPG HNI_0006.JPG

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
i can install only by pressin A so pressing A
You are using the .cia version or the version for Homebrew Laucher ?
Yes i could but i cant do it r now bcs its already night time in my place, and.. My parrents wont allow me to turn on my laptop, theyll get angry .. Will do it tomorrow!
OK, awaiting the passage of the theme.
View attachment 73969

We are Pokemon. Pokemons In Black
BGM: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Veilstone City
SFX: Pokemon Games

View attachment 73970 View attachment 73971 View attachment 73972 View attachment 73973 View attachment 73974 View attachment 73975

DOWNLOAD HERE
Are the pokémons working for the FBI B-) I liked the theme.

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: MartyDreamy

FlameSpeedster

That Guy Who Made 250+ 3DS Themes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't it will look weird if you put it on 3ds ?
Just use what looks good to you. It looks fine to me but if you think it looks odd I'd like to see it from your perspective since I haven't seen any complaints so far.

I see that you are using the stretching effect on the top and bottom images. You are the third person I see using this effect so far, only me and @FlameSpeedster use this effect in the images.
I forget to do this plenty of times though...

Reactions: miraclaime

MetalMatty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Ryumaru i have installed the homebrew via soundhax , and i use the prexisting CHMM2 to change the themes, i tried to dowload another theme and it install his song , only yours give me prob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: