Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'd just recommend to use extdata_tool to backup your extdata before you use a custom theme, then you can remove your sd card and go to Ninjhax 2.0, put your sd back in, and restore the extdata backup if you get a soft brick. Since themes are in the extdata, I don't think you can get an unfixable brick from themes.
OK, thanks, wanted to be sure. But from my experience, once you start the 3DS without an SD card, it always uses the default theme, even if you reinsert the SD, until you select another theme.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
OK, thanks, wanted to be sure. But from my experience, once you start the 3DS without an SD card, it always uses the default theme, even if you reinsert the SD, until you select another theme.
oh, then just take out the sd and put it back in and you're good xD

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New theme!

MoixRqL.png

BGM: Dearly Beloved - KH3D (looped)​

This is a Kingdom Hearts 3D inspired theme, featuring fully custom sound effects, icons and folders made by me, as well as looping background music!

Enjoy!​

https://mega.co.nz/#!id4BiQCL!1VsdbrD4hgcbQ8w2aoJ7eJHZXpvieijegGM-L88aN1Q

Suggestions welcome!

Hey, kind of a super bump but I can't get the bgm.bcstm to install correctly. Everything from the body_LZ.bin installs fine (pictures/SFX) but neither of the theme installers can get the bgm to work and the Sonic Boom theme (which I installed it over) play instead. Is the bcstm not working for anybody else, or am I just messing something up?

Snintendog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did my best hope it is to your liking.
h4uz1d4vwa38c6jzg.jpg
Download Mediafire note that the Music did drop in quality the files used are in the folder to edit if so wishes have tested on o3DS emunand rx9.9 installed with chmm.
Thanks, although I made a better quality bcstm that fits the filesize (although it's not the exact same track as the video)

Reactions: Snintendog

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a pretty cool idea for a retro Castlevania theme that just came to me. I guess I'll have to try to make it now, but I really need to learn how to do CWAV stuff so that it can be as good as those themes like the Punch-Out theme that a person made a page or two back. If anyone can suggest how to make those, that would be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn McDonald's ice cream machine broken