Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

Irumi`

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have some questions to ask.

I can not implement the background music in my themes, despite having read several guides (the file does not even 3MB). Did I do something wrong? Or Ninjhax 2.0 allows you to change only the appearance of the theme?

What utility has "ThemeManage.bin"?

I heard that if you use custom sound effects, one can encounter in a brick (although I don't know how bad is this brick). But if you use sound effects from an official theme released in the Theme Shop? You can extract and implement them in a custom theme without taking risks?

Thanks in advance.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

I can not implement the background music in my themes, despite having read several guides (the file does not even 3MB). Did I do something wrong? Or Ninjhax 2.0 allows you to change only the appearance of the theme?

What utility has "ThemeManage.bin"?

I heard that if you use custom sound effects, one can encounter in a brick (although I don't know how bad is this brick). But if you use sound effects from an official theme released in the Theme Shop? You can extract and implement them in a custom theme without taking risks?

Thanks in advance.
I have no idea about ThemeManage.bin...
But the brick isn't even near permanent. Just boot the 3DS without SD, default theme comes up. Reinsert SD, run CN, extdatatool, restore.

Koschei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had the same problem at first; extdatatool kept giving me a "Failed to write file: 0xc92044e6" error when it would try to write the bgm file. I fixed this by just switching to a default, non DLC theme (extdatatool and CHMM can make custom themes persistent even without using a DLC theme now) before applying the custom theme. It seems like it'll give you an error if your current theme already has music, so just make sure to change back to a stock theme without music whenever you want to change it up.

Reactions: SomeGamer

Trevowatt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really cannot seem to get this to work, I downloaded that punch out theme that guy made a few pages back, but I can't seem to get it to work on my 3ds. I put the bgm.bctsm and the body_LZ.bin into the 3ds_homemenu_extdatatool folder, ran the extdada tool, and followed all of the steps. Yet still, whenever I go back to the home menu the theme is set to the plain white one.

Could someone help a noob out?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I really cannot seem to get this to work, I downloaded that punch out theme that guy made a few pages back, but I can't seem to get it to work on my 3ds. I put the bgm.bctsm and the body_LZ.bin into the 3ds_homemenu_extdatatool folder, ran the extdada tool, and followed all of the steps. Yet still, whenever I go back to the home menu the theme is set to the plain white one.

Could someone help a noob out?
Use CHMM! Put body_LZ.bin and bgm.bcstm into /Themes/Punch Out!! folder on the SD!
EDIT: CHMM on GBAtemp
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?threads/379349/

Reactions: Trevowatt

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this is what I have so far on a Castlevania theme, just need to think about more to add and come up with folders...
O_brQE.gif
If anyone wants to submit the folders (I'm not great at making them) I might use what you can do for it instead :)

EDIT:
Here's a screen of it installed, no custom sound for opening stuff, just Bloody Tears background music.
HNI_0032.JPG

Last edited by dronesplitter,

Irumi`

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have no idea about ThemeManage.bin...
But the brick isn't even near permanent. Just boot the 3DS without SD, default theme comes up. Reinsert SD, run CN, extdatatool, restore.
You don't know answer about the sound effects taken from another (official) theme? For ThemeManage.bin, apparently it does not make me install themes. I must first remove the file and then reinstall the themes. Btw, thanks.

I had the same problem at first; extdatatool kept giving me a "Failed to write file: 0xc92044e6" error when it would try to write the bgm file. I fixed this by just switching to a default, non DLC theme (extdatatool and CHMM can make custom themes persistent even without using a DLC theme now) before applying the custom theme. It seems like it'll give you an error if your current theme already has music, so just make sure to change back to a stock theme without music whenever you want to change it up.
Thanks. When I have a little free time to create a new theme, I'll try and let you know if it will work.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my Donkey Kong Country Returns theme.

• Donkey and Diddy on the top screen
  • Jungle background on the bottom screen
  • Apps are crates
  • Folders are barrels
  • Looping background music (Jungle Hijinx)
Screenshot:
HNI_0007.JPG

Background music:

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qax70hlwdzbh0xd/DKC_Returns.zip

Please let me know if you like it :)

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to make the Majora's Mask Dire Moon theme. I saw it on Theme Shop, but I don't know where to find the resources (only got the BGM)

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Couldn't you request for someone to rip the files from the .cia file? (just guessing)

I have that "CIA themes to CHMM" tool, but I need a <9.2 3DS to use it. If someone could convert it for me I could make a nice custom theme in exchange or rip my current theme with 3ds_homemenu_extdatatool (Nintendo Consoles - I've got on EUR Club Nintendo)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...