Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

Dark Fulgore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Damn, so many beautiful themes here. D:
I'm working on a CT theme, with a more depressive approach, need few adjustments so I'm not going to share it at the moment. I'm using a looped Wind Scene as BGM.

Here's a preview picture:
HNI_0001.jpg

What do you guys think?

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Looks nice. Why not doing a bottom screen from the same place they are in the top screen ? Warm forest+cold winter see looks weird next to eachother.

SSlacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
memomo
Upper screen image is wrong size. It should be 400x240 image on a 512x256 template if you are using static image.

also you can change button colours if you are using YATA. Just go to settings and play around with colours

Reactions: memomo

MaNiAlJoWo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
memomo
Upper screen image is wrong size. It should be 400x240 image on a 512x256 template if you are using static image.

also you can change button colours if you are using YATA. Just go to settings and play around with colours

Thats not correct. Size is 412 x 240 for the top screen!

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
memomo

I already did that and i've got that White column ??

I'll try again tomorrow , it's late here

good night

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
What if you get another pic from the forest, then turn it to black and white ?

I love the Chrono series, can't wait for your theme :D

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks nice ;) only thing I would change would be maybe adding something to the folders

My only issue with folders is that it's a pain to have to swap RGB values to get it to show up correctly in YATA, and that there is not a way to have it look the same on the 3D folder. I'd rather it be blank and look uniform throughout the UI.

SSlacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thats not correct. Size is 412 x 240 for the top screen!

wow, thanks for this info. There's an error in both YATA and Customthemetools simulators, they both only show 400x240 images, but after trying it with actual console it really is 412x240. I've had black borders on most of my stuff so didn't even notice before. Even the FAQ says 400x240 for some reason. https://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-custom-themes.377558/

Reactions: Zerousen

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
wow, thanks for this info. There's an error in both YATA and Customthemetools simulators, they both only show 400x240 images, but after trying it with actual console it really is 412x240. I've had black borders on most of my stuff so didn't even notice before. Even the FAQ says 400x240 for some reason. https://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-custom-themes.377558/

Because 3DS Top screen IS 400x240

Jugra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me why this keeps happening? i'm having a hard time with this, it's a full image (1024x240)....i know what you guys going to say but i also tried with 960x240 and then the blank space of the image appears...editing in photoshop is hard for me because i learn less than basic stuff just watching a few tutorials and asking google lol :wacko:

Attachments

• HNI_0006.JPG
    HNI_0006.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 267

SSlacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can someone tell me why this keeps happening? i'm having a hard time with this, it's a full image (1024x240)....i know what you guys going to say but i also tried with 960x240 and then the blank space of the image appears...editing in photoshop is hard for me because i learn less than basic stuff just watching a few tutorials and asking google lol :wacko:

It seems like you are using panorama image(scrolling image) for lower screen so the resolution should be 1008x240

Reactions: Jugra

Jugra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like you are using panorama image(scrolling image) for lower screen so the resolution should be 1008x240

Yep, it works, thank you very much! :D

0bkDZWJ.png

MkmrOrO.jpg
Well, this is my ME!ME!ME! theme (finally). I thought this work was going to be easy but i was wrong, is very hard to find sfw pics and, as i said, it was my first time using photoshop. :rofl2:
The BGM is part two of this:

http://mp3cube.net/search/日本アニメ_ーター_見本市_teddyloid_daoko.html

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ikqwm6awqx3ybr9/ME!ME!ME!.rar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/mKiHdEqwh80