I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
2 questions

1) I've been using YATA for a while now, but should I change to Usagi?

2) Is it possible to modify an official theme? Not for distribution purposes, I just want to change the SFX
1) It's really a matter of preference. I tried playing with it a little, but my entire workflow is pretty much set up around Yata+ so I've gone back to it for everything except previewing, as Usagi is far superior in that department.
(In specific, not being able to import and export whole palette files like Yata+ can is kind of a dealbreaker for me.)

2) If you get your hands on the body_lz.bin of the official theme (either through an extdata dump or extracting the CIA file), then sure.
But do keep it to yourself, or at least to yourself and "certain sites". If anyone sees that mess on 3DSthem.es, it's gonna be gone in a flash. Just sayin'.

Last edited by plushifoxed,

khangress

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) It's really a matter of preference. I tried playing with it a little, but my entire workflow is pretty much set up around Yata+ so I've gone back to it for everything except previewing, as Usagi is far superior in that department.
(In specific, not being able to import and export whole palette files like Yata+ can is kind of a dealbreaker for me.)

2) If you get your hands on the body_lz.bin of the official theme (either through an extdata dump or extracting the CIA file), then sure.
But do keep it to yourself, or at least to yourself and "certain sites". If anyone sees that mess on 3DSthem.es, it's gonna be gone in a flash. Just sayin'.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
3dd.png

largeicon.png folderclosed.png folderopen.png filesmall.png filelarge.png top.png bottom.png
>> Download <<

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: Ramzh

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine

Attachments

• Mario Kart 8 icons.rar
    138.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Overlord icons.rar
    162.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by Ryumaru,

Kaiyu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made a custom 3DS theme on Usagi but I don't understand why it doesn't show up on CHMM2 in preview mode or install properly. I use OoT3DHax to access Homebrew Launcher. Maybe this has something to do with why it won't work?

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I made a custom 3DS theme on Usagi but I don't understand why it doesn't show up on CHMM2 in preview mode or install properly. I use OoT3DHax to access Homebrew Launcher. Maybe this has something to do with why it won't work?
Use the .cia version to install chmm2 should work.

khangress

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
final problem (hopefully), the YATA+ brstmConv application crashes every time I try to play music or encode on it. Is there a way to fix this or another way to make my bgm?

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: Ramzh

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP