Homebrew Discussion Custom NSPs: information, current status...

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
All this outbreak started when @xXDungeon_CrawlerXx starting making his Anime Video Players. Suddenly, me, @Create_ and some other devs started looking into making NSPs (as I got CDN banned I decided to leave NSPower for a few days and start with all the NSP stuff).

Create_ made a python script, aka PySDK, which required AuthoringTool, and simplified the way to create video players. I also decided to build my own tool to make NSPs: NSPBuilder, a C# GUI program to easily made NSPs.

Both of them released our tools and started making NSPs, but suddenly, after a few tests I made, I finally managed to create the first libnx homebrew NSP. After achieving that, we started making some homebrew NSPs with the help of @alexzzz9.
Suddenly, many people got interested out of WarezNX, where we started (and continue) making all our stuff. Seeing current state, I'm making this thread as a FAQ for people who want to start making NSPs:

- How can I make the NSP? Can I post them on GBAtemp or any other place?
First of all: the only current way of making NSPs is using the leaked SDK, so the NSPs are illegal as they contain copyrighted stuff of the SDK tools inside them. You can create the NSPs using the SDK, manually, using Create_'s PySDK or using my builder (in this case my builder has the SDK files embedded so you don't need any external stuff). Anyway, DON'T SHARE THEM on public pages like GBAtemp, as they are illegal.

- Can I make homebrew NSPs?
Only a few people know how to properly modify an app's sources to make it bootable as a NSP, and we think it's still too early to start sharing it. Anyway, you can use alexzzz9's NSPTemplate, also shared in WarezNX, which seems to be a template to compile and generate NSPs of homebrew apps (I haven't tested it myself).

- Is there any legal NSP builder?
Currently there's no public NSP builder which doesn't use the SDK, but Simon claims that he can make legal and working NSPs with the new version he's planning to release of his NCABuilder. As soon as he releases it, I plan to merge it to my NSPBuilder and try to make a legal NSP builder. Anyway, there's no public way to make legal NSPs for the moment.

- What about 6.0 and custom NSPs?
As rumours say, 6.0 update sandboxes the NSPs (and also refactored the kernel almost entirely), so most likely custom NSPs won't run properly. First of all, they cannot be installed as current DevMenu doesn't work, and probably Tinfoil is also broken.

Briefly: if you want custom NSPs, DON'T UPDATE.

Last edited by XorTroll,
D

Deleted-442439

As for creating your own nsps, I will give a hint:

Nintendo Web Framwork games use HTML+js , obviously the HTMl+js source needs to be in a NCA, so....

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
What amazes me about you, you create this “FreeShop” shit for thousands of unknown users to receive a full cdn ban, if not a full console ban and you end up getting banned yourself which was obvious also knowing full well your apps will get users banned outright as well and now your like I have a full cdn ban myself and I’ve moved on! What about the thousands of poor bastards out there that have used your app, unknown of the “serious” consequences “newbies” that have had their Switch’s banned as well! My god you just don’t care do you! That really gets me that does..

Edit: what I am getting at is, you should of never made/released it period you were leading like sheep to the slaughterhouse so to speak!

Last edited by Reecey,

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
What amazes me about you, you create this “FreeShop” shit for thousands of unknown users to receive a full cdn ban, if not a full console ban and you end up getting banned yourself which was obvious also knowing full well your apps will get users banned outright anyway as well and now your like I have a full cdn ban myself and I’ve moved on! What about the thousands of poor bastards out there that have used your app, unknown of the consequences “newbies” that have had their Switch’s banned as well! My god you just don’t care do you!
If you think you can pirate ON the switch without getting banned, then you deserved to be banned. If you don't want to be banned, then just buy the damn game.

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
What amazes me about you, you create this “FreeShop” shit for thousands of unknown users to receive a full cdn ban, if not a full console ban and you end up getting banned yourself which was obvious also knowing full well your apps will get users banned outright anyway as well and now your like I have a full cdn ban myself and I’ve moved on! What about the thousands of poor bastards out there that have used your app, unknown of the consequences “newbies” that have had their Switch’s banned as well! My god you just don’t care do you! That really gets at me that does..
If people were banned it was their fault, because I always told people when releasing stuff that there was ban risk.
In my case, I knew I was going to get a ban, just that I don't honestly care about being banned.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
If you think you can pirate ON the switch without getting banned, then you deserved to be banned. If you don't want to be banned, then just buy the damn game.
That freeshop shit was a death sentence for all users the cdnsp download to your pc is way different. A ban can be avoided if your careful!

XorTroll

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
If I made this thread is to alert people about what to do and what to care about if they want to make NSPs, because many could end up posting them in non-piracy places or getting banned for installing them.

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That freeshop shit was a death sentence for all users the cdnsp download to your pc is way different. A ban can be avoided if your careful!
That remains the responsibility of each and everyone experimenting with homebrew. This has always been the case on any console. Next time they will know you don't run stuff before checking what are the consequences.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

j00manji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What amazes me about you, you create this “FreeShop” shit for thousands of unknown users to receive a full cdn ban, if not a full console ban and you end up getting banned yourself which was obvious also knowing full well your apps will get users banned outright as well and now your like I have a full cdn ban myself and I’ve moved on! What about the thousands of poor bastards out there that have used your app, unknown of the “serious” consequences “newbies” that have had their Switch’s banned as well! My god you just don’t care do you! That really gets me that does..

Edit: what I am getting at is, you should of never made/released it period you were leading like sheep to the slaughterhouse so to speak!

I mean he did say in the thread that it could lead to a ban. Anyone who can read would have stayed away. I did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.