ROM Hack Custom Music in Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Kylezzz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i spent a good 12+ hours searching the internet for a way to put custom music into my Ultra Sun gamecart. I tried many methods that all led to dead ends. Eventually i stumbled onto a obviously overlooked feature of the latest updated of Luma3ds. With this update, it allows you to do what you could do with SaltySD, but that is a much more complicated method that did not work for me.

Inside the luma/titles/00040000001B5000/
That title key is for Ultra Sun. Ultra Moon is 00040000001B5100

1. Create a folder titles 'romfs' inside of the 00040000001B5000 folder.
2. Create a folder inside of 'romfs' titled 'data' and then inside of 'data', create one titled 'sound'.
3. Put any sound files inside the 'sound folder you would like with the correct names. (I found that for wild pokemon and trainer battle sound tracks, the normal "nj" in the name would have to be changed to "mj". These are the two main ones.
4. Launch Luma 3ds configuration and enable game patching. This method works off of the new LayeredFS feature.
5. Launch your game and the sound files should have been applied.

This might also work with randomizing features, but I have not tested it since I have no need for it yet.

This is my first post so comments on whether this worked for you or not would be appreciated. I would be happy to help and bring in some people more experienced than I am to help others. :)

Last edited by Kylezzz,
Reactions: Alex4U

Kylezzz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dumped your game, in the romfs folder there is a data then sound folder. I have not been able to find a simple txt file with all of them listed, but I would recommend dumping your game as a cia with GodMode9 and then extracting your cia with DotNet3dsToolkit. That should give you your romfs folder with the sound files in it you can use for the file names.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.