lol i'm still on rev19
tongue.gif

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
chonka said:
Ok I did a quick test making a WBFS folder on my FAT32 usb stick and all the issues with dropping ingredients in cooking mama are gone using rev21, so it looks like from r20 something went wrong with the WBFS functionality?

so to sum up the issues i was having

On r20 and r21 using WBFS drive cooking mama doesnt work correctly (ingredients randomly dropped)
On r19 using a WBFS drive cooking mama works correctly
On r20 and r21 using FAT32 drive (with WBFS folder and .wbfs files) cooking mama works correctly

Anyway, easy fix is to redo the drive in FAT32 and transfer the games to that, but i thought i should still post these finding for others
smile.gif

Hm, I'm thinking of creating a small FAT32 partition (on my WBFS drive) for games with known lag issues, will this still work?

As WBFS getting rid of dummy data is quite useful.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Wever said:
I have mostly the same results (tested world of goo, Dr Mario and star fox 64...they work). I just want to point out that the bit. trip games actually do work on rev17. The only issue is that they need a savegame already on the USB nand to work (source...and I can confirm the workaround works for bit.trip fate as well).
A workaround for this game is this: use uloader to install bit.trip runner, and run it once. Then copy the folder USB:\nand\TITLE0010001\57545245 to USB:\TITLE0010001\57545245, and copy USB:\nand\TICKET0010001\57545245.tik to USB:\TICKET0010001\57545245.tik.
Thanks for the tutorial
smile.gif
... I was able to play Bit Trip using Hermes' cIOS but I'll give a try using the method you posted.

It seems Waninkoko's rev21 solves the savegame problem... but it's buggy to work under it right now.

See ya!

chonka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
anyone noticed, that when playing Black ops.
some times the A button does not work.... (run/disarm a bomb)

i dont have that game, whats your HDD setup? WBFS? FAT32?

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On the italian forum I moderate many people are reporting rev21 has higher usb device compatibility for every base.
Hope all usb laoders will be soon updated to fully support this rev.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
jefffisher said:
IronMask said:
@FGod....damn...you didn't tell there would be some issues with this new rev... All good though....seems like I am also having issues with WiiMC with this new rev or it's just a coincidence.... sometimes the app freezes when I am browsing a folder on the network drive....whic it never did on my personal wii.... i used my parents xmas gift black wii to give them a usb backup support and all my games seem to be working fine under cios m222.... so thats good news... but with ios58 it's not.... or thats what WiiMC is telling me... although it works fine unless you browse too long in the media folder... anyways.. I don't know if that is because of the rev or like I said a coinkidink?!

Peace
wiimc does not use cios at all so this is not the problem, and it seems a few people have said base58 isn't the best stick with base56

Yea... well I've also had issues with Tantrics IOS58 installer..... it downloads it fine... but from there it's a fail on a 4.3uBlackWii although WiiMC does still load and play....periodical freeze though...

So who knows... I am sure it can be smoothed out..
tongue.gif

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I went back to rev 20b for blck ops and rev 17 for triiforce cos I couldn't get either working...could have been a dodgy sd card though
smile.gif

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
davebaol said:
On the italian forum I moderate many people are reporting rev21 has higher usb device compatibility for every base.
Hope all usb laoders will be soon updated to fully support this rev.

I think this is true.
But the most interesting thing, is that the new supported IOS58, has a official USB 2.0 compatibility, so, loading games should be a lot faster with this.
More info: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
But the most interesting thing, is that the new supported IOS58, has a official USB 2.0 compatibility, so, loading games should be a lot faster with this.
cIOS already contain support for USB2.0....and they are much faster modules than the stock IOS58 has....so using IOS58 as a base wont add any speed IMO....

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, my impression is usb2.0 support "stolen" from ios58 is a bit slower but more reliable.
Also I believe usb support in rev21 is the same for all bases because some hd not working properly with previous revs now works with every base.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
TyRaNtM said:
cIOS already contain support for USB2.0....and they are much faster modules than the stock IOS58 has....so using IOS58 as a base wont add any speed IMO....
Ooh, IOS58 base! hopefully this means we can now play "Your Shape" from a usb loader!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended