Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
davidnlta said:
im using fat32 and 21 with base 56 and i play animal crossing everyday and i never noticed any lag with the controls. I also havent experianced any of the other problems people said the had with base 56 like smash bros pause menu or rock band 3 lag.
The controller lag in Animal Crossing: City Folk is minimal; my guess is it was there and you just didn't notice. In fact, I didn't notice it until someone else who has a character in my town brought it up. If you go into your inventory and start moving items around, you will most likely notice a slight stutter every now and then when using Waninkoko's cIOS, rev20 or rev21, regardless of the base IOS. This does not occur with Hermes' cIOS. I have yet to test this using a FAT32 device, but I do not think it will make any difference. I will try it tomorrow.

Like you, I also have not noticed any problems with Super Smash Bros. Brawl when using rev20 or rev21 with base 56.

yea i still dont get any sort of lag with that game nor any problems with smash bros everything runs smooth.

chonka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
still has same bugs for me as 20b had (using any ios as base), tested on cooking mama, whenever you have to hold ingredients with the B button they just keep being dropped, back to r19 again

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have lag on the controllers as well (20 & 21)

One of the easiest games to see it with is Williams pinball collection, a small lag = lost ball, and it does it all the time!

I am also on v19 = no lag issues

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chonka said:
still has same bugs for me as 20b had (using any ios as base), tested on cooking mama, whenever you have to hold ingredients with the B button they just keep being dropped, back to r19 again

thats another game i heard had issues i will download it and try it out also what is your drive fromat? only reason im asking about the drive format is cause up untill a week ago i was using wbfs nad had some lag with games then i switched to fat32 and lag was gone.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
davidnlta said:
chonka said:

thats another game i heard had issues i will download it and try it out also what is your drive fromat? only reason im asking about the drive format is cause up untill a week ago i was using wbfs nad had some lag with games then i switched to fat32 and lag was gone.

I am using a Fat32 drive and have lag, dropped back to v19 and the lag was gone, also swapped to use Hermes 222v4 base 38 and there was no lag with that either.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Here are my test result:
unpatched Metroid Prime Trilogy [PAL]
IOS reload block set to no - wii restarts after selecting game and difficulty
IOS reload block set to method 1 - won't load afte selecting game and difficulty
IOS reload block set to method 2 - 002 error

WiiPower:
That's what i feared to happen. Waninkoko did not implement basic 002 error fixing in the cIOS when blocking the IOS Reload, which i suggested him like 10 times.

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Eric345 said:
So what wads do I need to run offline to install the CIOS?
IOS58 v6175
IOS60 v6174
IOS61 v5661
IOS70 v6687
IOS80 v6943
IOS36 v3607
IOS37 v5662
IOS38 v4123
IOS53 v5662
IOS55 v5662
IOS56 v5661
IOS57 v5918

QUOTE(Kittymat @ Dec 24 2010, 12:34 PM) I am using a Fat32 drive and have lag, dropped back to v19 and the lag was gone, also swapped to use Hermes 222v4 base 38 and there was no lag with that either.
please, which IOS base do you use for v19?

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
rev21 with base IOS56 works fine, appears faster than rev20 and no problems so far.
Didn't try too long with base IOS58, seems the bug which causes Animal Crossing to randomly crash is back as well when using 58 as the base. Didn't try any other game, though.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Levente said:
Here are my test result:
unpatched Metroid Prime Trilogy [PAL]
IOS reload block set to no - wii restarts after selecting game and difficulty
IOS reload block set to method 1 - won't load afte selecting game and difficulty
IOS reload block set to method 2 - 002 error

WiiPower:
That's what i feared to happen. Waninkoko did not implement basic 002 error fixing in the cIOS when blocking the IOS Reload, which i suggested him like 10 times.

That's NOT the way to load MPT. LOL
Works fine here since rev 17

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cambric said:
Eric345 said:
So what wads do I need to run offline to install the CIOS?
IOS58 v6175
IOS60 v6174
IOS61 v5661
IOS70 v6687
IOS80 v6943
IOS36 v3607
IOS37 v5662
IOS38 v4123
IOS53 v5662
IOS55 v5662
IOS56 v5661
IOS57 v5918

QUOTE(Kittymat @ Dec 24 2010, 12:34 PM) I am using a Fat32 drive and have lag, dropped back to v19 and the lag was gone, also swapped to use Hermes 222v4 base 38 and there was no lag with that either.
please, which IOS base do you use for v19?

You cannot choose the base in rev 19

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. i can confirm that loading WW VC games by usb loader cfg does not work with rev21 base[56][58] any suggestions as to fix this? cause with rev17 i can load them fine w/in my usb loaders WiiFlow and CFG.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Give some time for CFG to update its support on rev21.
wink.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...afaik, neither usb loader cfg or wiiflow supports loading wiiware. It is possible to use ISO forwarders, but those do nothing but load up triiforce* and run the wiiware with a predefined setting.
And here's the thing: loading the wiiware with triiforce directly doesn't work. And as such, it's not like the developers of CFG (or wiiflow) can do anything about that.

*assuming you're using tristar's forwarder ISO's, that's r78 of triiforce

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Lacius said:
davidnlta said:
im using fat32 and 21 with base 56 and i play animal crossing everyday and i never noticed any lag with the controls. I also havent experianced any of the other problems people said the had with base 56 like smash bros pause menu or rock band 3 lag.
The controller lag in Animal Crossing: City Folk is minimal; my guess is it was there and you just didn't notice. In fact, I didn't notice it until someone else who has a character in my town brought it up. If you go into your inventory and start moving items around, you will most likely notice a slight stutter every now and then when using Waninkoko's cIOS, rev20 or rev21, regardless of the base IOS. This does not occur with Hermes' cIOS. I have yet to test this using a FAT32 device, but I do not think it will make any difference. I will try it tomorrow.

Like you, I also have not noticed any problems with Super Smash Bros. Brawl when using rev20 or rev21 with base 56.

Nope no lag ever... Think it's your drive dude.
I just used a FAT32 partition, and all my controller lag problems have gone away. Thank you very much for clearing this up for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended