Hacking Custom IOS38 rev13 Installer RELEASED!

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Please forgive the NOOBness of this question but when it mentions faster read times is this only for those launching via USB HD or does it affect those launching from disc using a backup launcher?

Perhaps a better question would be is the disc read speed tied to the Backup Launcher or does the custom ISO38 factor in at all?

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm now getting a blue screen and an error 002 with punchout (usb loader gx)!
frown.gif

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
People, calm down. The loaders need an additional line of code because the error 002 handling has changed as stated in the changelog. Wait for new revs on your loaders.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MrTea said:
I'm now getting a blue screen and an error 002 with punchout (usb loader gx)!
frown.gif

USB Loaders need to update their code to avoid this with rev13. The fix is out there already, so just wait until the next revision. Should be soon. Go back to rev12 in the meantime.

frazzledazzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i cant even start the installer as the homebrew channel says this is not a valid wii application. i have tried using bannerbomb. i have got only the cios 38 rev 12 installed.

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
For those talking about Rock Band instruments, there is a way to use them with a USB loader. Download Hermes' cIOS (http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/wii/uloader_v1.8.rar - all you need is the cios_installer folder in the apps folder) (offline installer here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157...;#entry2004652) and install it as IOS 233 as a merge of IOS 36 and 37. Then use Configurable USB Loader (http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638) to load the game, choosing to load it with IOS 223-mload in the options.

However, Rock Band 2 DLC does not seem to work properly for me. It doesn't transfer the songs back to the SD card when you're done playing them. I could play one or two songs but that was it - all the others would fail after that. I had to redownload all my DLC to get it working again even when playing from the retail disc. If it does work properly for anyone please let me know.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jun 2 2009, 06:42 PM) Back to cios rev 11 for me.. again...

It is the most stable for my harddrive iomega prestige 320gb

same problem as with cios rev 12...

(yes using USB1)

fails to detect hard drive, in the other usb port the countdown goes in super slow mode....

*waits for rev 14 and hopes to god it clears that issue up*

got same drive and same problems

nrushforth

Trophies
XP
Country
ganons said:

(yes using USB1)

fails to detect hard drive, in the other usb port the countdown goes in super slow mode....

Got the same drive (from Tesco I presume). Not sure if you are having same issue as me.

Rev10 and Rev11 intermittent connection with USBLoader 1.5 and CoverFloader. Sometimes the drive is recognised and sometimes not.

I have a Maxtor One Touch 60GB which is recognised each and every time.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be.

Wii is on 3.2E (Downgraded from 3.4E).

Cheers

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Waninkoko's USB Loader 1.5 for a while. It would find my LaCie 750gig about 50% of the time. I just started using Ultimate USB Loader 7.4 this week and it has never failed to detect my drive. I recommend it to anyone.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
nrushforth said:
ganons said:

(yes using USB1)

Got the same drive (from Tesco I presume). Not sure if you are having same issue as me.

Rev10 and Rev11 intermittent connection with USBLoader 1.5 and CoverFloader. Sometimes the drive is recognised and sometimes not.

I have a Maxtor One Touch 60GB which is recognised each and every time.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be.

Wii is on 3.2E (Downgraded from 3.4E).

Cheers

yeh from tesco's GOOD DEAL ON IT...!!!

Revison 11 works the best.... usb loader gx... i use.. Detects the drive the majority of the time...

Works best turning Wii on from being off (not in standby)

I have preloader 0.29 firmware 4.0e installed, I enabled the function ingnore stanby setting in the settings menu.. (allows you to have wiiconnect on, but not turn off wii to standby the majority of the time)

also take it apart and connect to computer and use hd parm to adjust spindown setting to 0

knuj_on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its gone to rev 13b already (see #cIOS topic below) :-

=-= Topic for #cIOS is “http://softmii.org/waninkoko/cIOS38_rev13b-Installer.zip | E3 2009: 2-4 June | @sorg: Sorry, I put old README in rev13 so you do not appear in kudos section | Error 002? Use a proper loader | THIS IS AN ENGLISH SPEAKING CHANNEL, USE IT! | 02 ERROR is the LOADERS FAULT GET !neogamma”
=-= Topic for #cIOS was set by waninkoko on 02 June 2009 22:01:43

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knuj_on said:

=-= Topic for #cIOS is “http://softmii.org/waninkoko/cIOS38_rev13b-Installer.zip | E3 2009: 2-4 June | @sorg: Sorry, I put old README in rev13 so you do not appear in kudos section | Error 002? Use a proper loader | THIS IS AN ENGLISH SPEAKING CHANNEL, USE IT! | 02 ERROR is the LOADERS FAULT GET !neogamma”

when will it be released?

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
knuj_on said:

when will it be released?

http://softmii.org/waninkoko/cIOS38_rev13b-Installer.zip

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed CIOS 38 Rev 13 (and later the 13b release too)... I then tried wiigator's backup launcher and it worked -- YAY! We're back to one IOS for both USB and CD Backup loaders -- but then when I load any of my rockbands through wiigator's backup launcher it seems to have lost support for the USB guitar and equipment... OK... We know this, but when I rolled back to the CIOS36 Rev 7 wad that did work with the rockband equipment when using Wiigator's launcher, the Equipment still fails to work.

I even tried to re-install CIOS36 Rev 10, then the CIOS36 Rev 7 wad and still not working... the light for the wireless guitar blinks and turns solid, but the guitar and drums do not get assigned controller numbers.

Does anyone know why? -- or more importantly how to get me back to the state where wiigator's backup launcher will work with the rockband equipment?

Thanks.

p.s. Good work Waninkoko, thank you! and I can't wait for full usb support from the usb loaders, then no more disc swapping period! I look forward to the day i don't have to get off the couch to play all my games lol
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    nah sewing it will make it come apart more :)
    that one is pretty old
    the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all
    +1
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all +1