Hacking Custom IOS38 rev 14

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Some of us prefer to load from disc channel, it's more esthetic.

I really wish Generic Wii Patcher get's updated to fix main.dol error002b. *Wishes really hard*
bow.gif

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its ok wiipower if people don't understand they don't need to use it what I say. The 002 error thing is being done to death and it's getting ridulous. All people need to know the 002 fix is handled by loader now which= better compatiblity and speeds. End of story.

Yes I don't get about the post complaining about the cios fixing problems when they are using a chip not a loader.

brand0dotcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jabmaster2 said:
Its ok wiipower if people don't understand they don't need to use it what I say. The 002 error thing is being done to death and it's getting ridulous. All people need to know the 002 fix is handled by loader now which= better compatiblity and speeds. End of story.

Yes I don't get about the post complaining about the cios fixing problems when they are using a chip not a loader.

/agree, i was just stating the obvious cause that King dude was trying to push wiipower's buttons.
biggrin.gif

ho_kuku

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
brand0dotcom said:
jabmaster2 said:

/agree, i was just stating the obvious cause that King dude was trying to push wiipower's buttons.
biggrin.gif

I am following the thread and suddenly something comes to mind.
First - if you're too lazy to understand what's going onz - at least read about other's experiences with the new rev before jumping off the ship
Second, the stuff here is free - if the new rev doesn't work for you - revert to whatever works for you. Don't bitch about how bad things are here..
The developers don't owe you anything....

There're sure alot of ungrateful people around here man!

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
99% of the questions asked on here are just old things rehashed. Any new queries have been delt with.

The amount of times people posted that usbloader GX didnt work but didnt try to delete thier config files has been unreal.

The fact is that people are coming on here and wanting someone to give definate personal replies to themis so if somethings go wrong they have someone to blame. Nobody seems to understand exactly what they are doing. All you get is "If I install this will it brick my wii or if I delete this will it brick my wii or If I scratch my ass will it brick my wii".

The first thing I did was to read available information and understand what everything does and how to avoid the common bricks (or at least be able to recover from them).

I asked one question on here a few days ago about still having the reset bug with rev14 but as I know that changing settings in preloader wouldnt harm my wii I just fooled around until I fixed it and had actually done it before anybody replied.

The fact that people are on here winging about this release and how games dont work or how they have to now impliment the 002 fix in the loader is laughable. They then go on and slag off the poeple who supply these files and disrespect them. Are they forgetting that without them they would either have to fork out money for a chip or buy all thier damn games.

Sorry for the rant but getting to help people with genuine problems is getting lost in all the repetitive questions.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiistarter said:
99% of the questions asked on here are just old things rehashed. Any new queries have been delt with.

The amount of times people posted that usbloader GX didnt work but didnt try to delete thier config files has been unreal.

The fact is that people are coming on here and wanting someone to give definate personal replies to themis so if somethings go wrong they have someone to blame. Nobody seems to understand exactly what they are doing. All you get is "If I install this will it brick my wii or if I delete this will it brick my wii or If I scratch my ass will it brick my wii".

The first thing I did was to read available information and understand what everything does and how to avoid the common bricks (or at least be able to recover from them).

I asked one question on here a few days ago about still having the reset bug with rev14 but as I know that changing settings in preloader wouldnt harm my wii I just fooled around until I fixed it and had actually done it before anybody replied.

The fact that people are on here winging about this release and how games dont work or how they have to now impliment the 002 fix in the loader is laughable. They then go on and slag off the poeple who supply these files and disrespect them. Are they forgetting that without them they would either have to fork out money for a chip or buy all thier damn games.

Sorry for the rant but getting to help people with genuine problems is getting lost in all the repetitive questions.

Don't be sorry. Unfortunately it probably won't stop the pointless questions and complaining. (Everything here is free, if it doesn't work get help or don't use it, DON'T complain because its your fault its not working.)

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
King Zargo said:
WiiPower said:
jalaneme said:
why did they remove the 002 error fix? not everyone has a softmod installed, i'm going to stay on rev 13 then.
???
Hmmm... I wonder how you got nearly 4000 posts.

Read the rules.

You could at least explain why the "-Anti error 002 system removed." was removed in favour for the "- Support for games with new error 002."

Do don't know anything. The 002 fix was removed from the cIOS because it can't be done properly there, and the anti 002 fix was removed, because there are too many people who don't understand this, or don't understand my ??? post or just don't understand why just enabling EVERYTHING a loader offers is stupid.

I kind of figured this was the reasoning for its removal in Neogamma. What a shame tho. It is an option that is absolutely a requirement for people using older cIOS's (I like rev14, but I went back to 10 until the SSBB issue is resolved), and the main reason it was removed is simply because people don't get it. This can go either way however, because now you'll get people on an older cIOS complaining that "Ghostbusters" will not run for them on R7+. In other words, either way you'll get some kind of complaining
smile.gif
I say keep anti-002 in there in my humble opinion. Having the option is better than not...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NeoGamma complains if the installed cIOS has a lower revision than 14, and you should know then not to complain about compatilibty issues with older cIOS.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine is encountering issues with reading from the disc channel with rev14 installed. He says its pre-read/cache function can overrun the end of the disc's content. Can anyone else verify this issue?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
NeoGamma complains if the installed cIOS has a lower revision than 14, and you should know then not to complain about compatilibty issues with older cIOS.

Aha! I was not aware of that. I only downloaded the R7 public beta and read some of the changelog....although I have yet to have upgraded from R6.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
King Zargo said:
After installing this crap both my HDD stopped working. Luckily I could restore it with a Nand Backup.

QUOTE(Retrievil @ Jul 29 2009, 04:10 AM) Honestly, it seems that all stuff out in the last few months is just causing more problems than they are fixing.

I run rev10 with a 4XX something version of USB Loader GX and every game, old and new (apart from the very few known IOS reload games) works perfectly.

I'll stick with my setup until there is some compelling reason to upgrade.

You guys are totally stupid. Think yourself why i have that idea of you. By doing that and then doing better, you can prove that are you are not stupid.

Why are you being a wanker? I have no complaints about what I'm using and am grateful for it. All I am saying is that I'm happy with what I have and won't bother upgrading until there is a real reason to do so.

Who made you the Wii police anyway. I wouldn't bitch about rev14 myself but I could care less if anyone else wants to. People just want thier mod to work correctly, doesn't matter if they made it, paid for it, or whatever. Go play your Wii instead of policing the boards with your 4000 posts in 7 months and snarky sig.

paulwesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't post much but I lurk a lot. All I have to say is thank you wan and everyone else who developed stuff I use on my wifes wii.
And for all the winers I read gba temp for 2 whole months before I hack the wii. Guess what not 1 brick . Rev 14 worked wonders for me, nope gx don't work right for me but usb loader config works great. 48 games and counting all work fine hmm must be all the reading I did .so thank you again wan.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Retrievil said:
Why are you being a wanker? I have no complaints about what I'm using and am grateful for it. All I am saying is that I'm happy with what I have and won't bother upgrading until there is a real reason to do so.

Who made you the Wii police anyway. I wouldn't bitch about rev14 myself but I could care less if anyone else wants to. People just want thier mod to work correctly, doesn't matter if they made it, paid for it, or whatever. Go play your Wii instead of policing the boards with your 4000 posts in 7 months and snarky sig.

Sorry, that was more meant for the other guy. When writing that i was a little angry at him, and you were in the line, sorry. It's just that if you don't use the new revision even if there's no real reason, it's hard to improve it. Waninkoko has one(?) HDD and a few games and all that works for him, in order to improve anything, he strongly relies on people with problems who provide him with useful information.

PS: I'm not only flooding the forum with posts, i'm a developer also. I thinks that's why i did not get any warnings from mods yet about my language, but they shouldn't do that(if i'm right)

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I just found something that rev14 *seriously* improved on. I have had two 1TB drives...a Verbatim and a Seagate FreeAgent Desk. I personally like the desk better, as the quality is superior, it's faster (or so it seems), and it can turn on and off with the Wii if WiiConnect24 is turned off. But, it never worked with the Wii. It would simply time out on USB Loaders....so I used it as a PC backup device.

Well, today I tested it with Rev14, and to my surprise, it worked! Initially it stays at "1" on the timeout count for a few seconds, but it then goes right in and the games load perfectly. I did use the Seagate manager on the PC previously to turn off the sleep/spindown...so all is good there as well. Great!

Oddly enough, all of the PC WBFS managers would NOT format the device. They all gave an error. I had to format with the Wii with rev14 installed....then the WBFS managers on the PC side worked (saw the drive) just fine.

So, obviously there have been major improvements to HD detection. Would this be equivalent to the "FAT module improved" in the changelog? I am pretty happy with the fact that this drive is now functional, as it just runs fantastic.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
So, obviously there have been major improvements to HD detection. Would this be equivalent to the "FAT module improved" in the changelog? I am pretty happy with the fact that this drive is now functional, as it just runs fantastic.
i have a free agent as well, and it had the annoying side effect of needing to be unplugged/replugged after any wii shutdown - after rev 14, thats a thing of the past.

thanks wanin!

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all
Well try to install Rev 14 but the installer freezes my wiimote and can't get past the first part of the installation.
Got 4.0U WII
HBC 1.0.3
USB Loader GX
Any ideas?
Thanks

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rem300wm said:
Hello to all
Well try to install Rev 14 but the installer freezes my wiimote and can't get past the first part of the installation.
Got 4.0U WII
HBC 1.0.3
USB Loader GX
Any ideas?
Thanks

Remove all USB devices as well but think you got a bad download.

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I have got the feeling that Cios38 rev14 is faster with loading dvd's.
Has anybody els the same feeling ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Z @ Zantee: oh ok , thanks for the info! +1