Gaming Custom Firmware Question

Cait

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, my brother just got a "fat" PSP from his friend at school..

Ordering a screen (cuz its cracked)

gunna get a battery charger...

But ive read about this custom firmware thing required to use homebrew or whatever...

In your topic, it says you need some sort of pandora battery....

But in a couple of faqs i've read it seems like you only need to install some files..

Not sure what version of firmware is on it at the moment, because the screen is cracked...

www.igizmore.blogspot.com/2008/05/psp-390-m33-easy-tutorial-guide.html

Sooo for my fat psp, i still need a pandora battery? Or just use some sort of files / update thing?

If so, where can i get a pandora battery for... uhm.. cheap? lol

Thanks ^^

nwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeh u need pandoras battery. i hav a hacked one as well but i bought mine hacked. u could find pandoras battery anywhere online dont think they r allowed to sell it at shops since it is illegal. or u could make one urself if u hav confidence which i do not advise

SirSweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't buy one ... Make it yourself ... its simple and very cost effective ... and really its not harmful as many of the skeptics say (the people who say its bad, couldn't do it in the first place)....
and please do yourself a favor and learn to solder ... as you get deeper into the mod scene it becomes a necessity, other wise you could end up paying some pretty hefty fees ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyY0Z_U09mk