Hacking Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here:

30th anniversary card 8 bit link v4.png 30th anniversary card OoT link v4.png 30th anniversary card toon link v4.png 30th anniversary card zelda v4.png zelda card majoras mask v4.png zelda card skyward sword v4.png zelda card twilight princess v4.png tphd card wolf link v4.png

If you want the template I uploaded it on my deviant art page: http://fav.me/db7xxe6

Last edited by Random11,

SmilingCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cards weren't made to be printed that big. When blowing things up things will start to get pixelated. I hope the quality wasn't too poor for you at that size. It's hard to tell from the photo.

I first tried upscaling yours to double the DPI using an anisotrpic filter. Printed that and printed your original and couldn't tell the difference. Compared to the TWP box art it just looks scaled up and compared to the Amiibo box art it just looks scaled down. Small details are all there and crisp. Printer did a nice job of dithering the image so I couldn't notice any pixelation or aliasing. Only thing that I could notice was the original Amiibo Zelda has a drop shadow like the logo on the rear of the card. I like the unity between the fonts of your cards though. Also printed Skyward Sword Link, Twilight Princess Link, and BOTW Rider Link at 4x6" and I'm really happy with the results. Thanks for taking the time to make these and upload them I'm really enjoying them.

Last edited by SmilingCat,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I first tried upscaling yours to double the DPI using an anisotrpic filter. Printed that and printed your original and couldn't tell the difference. Compared to the TWP box art it just looks scaled up and compared to the Amiibo box art it just looks scaled down. Small details are all there and crisp. Printer did a nice job of dithering the image so I couldn't notice any pixelation or aliasing. Only thing that I could notice was the original Amiibo Zelda has a drop shadow like the logo on the rear of the card. I like the unity between the fonts of your cards though. Also printed Skyward Sword Link, Twilight Princess Link, and BOTW Rider Link at 4x6" and I'm really happy with the results. Thanks for taking the time to make these and upload them I'm really enjoying them.

If you upscale something at exactly a 2x scale most algorithms will just double the pixel count. The pixles will be bigger but it won't be as blurry as when its not a perfect multiplier and the algorithm has to interpret the pixels.

If it looks good enough for you then I'm glad it worked out.

Last edited by Random11,
Reactions: Killeromar001

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So yesterday I decided to make cards that are pretty much exact copies of the box art. In doing that I needed to create new wolf link art. I looked and looked but could not find the art that was used in the amiibo box art when I was originally making the card and so I settled on using the one that I could find which was pretty close. But this time I wanted it to be as close to the box as possible so I decided to recreate the same art from the box using the other art I found online.

Since I went a head and did that, I went back and used the new wolf link art in the other variations of the wolf link cards. In case people wanted these here they are:

tphd card wolf link v1.1.png tphd card wolf link v2.1.png tphd card wolf link v3.1.png

Last edited by Random11,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and just to finish off the box art copies here are the zelda related smash ones:
PS. If anyone has a higher resolution of ganondorf that would help. The one I have isnt high enough quality. The biggest one I found was full body image 1500x1500.

smash bros card ganondorf v2.png smash bros card link v2.png smash bros card sheik v2.png smash bros card toon link v2.png smash bros card zelda v2.png

Last edited by Random11,

Taggert01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Random11 your amiibo cards are awesome! I'm definitely going to use some of these for myself once my NFC tags come in the mail. I made a fierce deity card in some spare time based on your style of these cards. I thought id share it In case anyone wants to use it.

Attachments

• 30th anniversary fierce deity.png
    30th anniversary fierce deity.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,482
Reactions: forthisisme

forthisisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Random11 your amiibo cards are awesome! I'm definitely going to use some of these for myself once my NFC tags come in the mail. I made a fierce deity card in some spare time based on your style of these cards. I thought id share it In case anyone wants to use it.

That's hot. I might use that over the standard MM Amiibo design. Any possibility of adding in the cut lines like Random's cards? I loved Random's Fierce deity card before the final design was announced and wish Nintendo went with that design/art rather than sticking to kid Link with the Goron Mask. Like, they could have use Majora's mask or even the Fierce mask since the amiibo gives you the Fierce armor set.

Taggert01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's hot. I might use that over the standard MM Amiibo design. Any possibility of adding in the cut lines like Random's cards? I loved Random's Fierce deity card before the final design was announced and wish Nintendo went with that design/art rather than sticking to kid Link with the Goron Mask. Like, they could have use Majora's mask or even the Fierce mask since the amiibo gives you the Fierce armor set.
I totally agree with what your saying about Nintendo's design choice for that amiibo. I added the cut lines also

Attachments

• 30th anniversary fierce deity.png
    30th anniversary fierce deity.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 756

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't you guys think the cards are to big? Scanning them on a Switch pro controller will be tricky. I went with 2x2 inch cards from makeplaycards and used the default Amiibo images (high resolution images from nintendo) which fit nicely. Got the cards today and they look really great (and easy to use on pro controller). Ordered the next 40 cards after the 80 I got today :)

Last edited by Muskusrat,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't you guys think the cards are to big? Scanning them on a Switch pro controller will be tricky. I went with 2x2 inch cards from makeplaycards and used the default Amiibo images (high resolution images from nintendo) which fit nicely. Got the cards today and they look realy great (and easy to use on pro controller). Ordered the next 40 cards after the 80 I got today :)
Nintendo released amiibo as playing cards. These are the same size. So I don't have an issue with it.

sauce8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DarkAngelPW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First sorry for my doubt
These amiibos cards are just for collection or they work like the real amiibos type that I've seen being sold over the internet

edit: I searched and saw that you need a nfc tag, And do some procedures to work
So I kind of answered my own doubt now.

edit2: These arts are you making for simple collection, or to use as an amiibo?If it's like amiibo is there any tutorial? Because it seems much more practical to carry everywhere next to the switch than the original figures
And I apologize if I'm asking something I should not
And would be for personal use, besides not to buy from someone who is apparently using your work, as I already saw the sale including in my country

Last edited by DarkAngelPW,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First sorry for my doubt
These amiibos cards are just for collection or they work like the real amiibos type that I've seen being sold over the internet

edit: I searched and saw that you need a nfc tag, And do some procedures to work
So I kind of answered my own doubt now.

edit2: These arts are you making for simple collection, or to use as an amiibo?If it's like amiibo is there any tutorial? Because it seems much more practical to carry everywhere next to the switch than the original figures
And I apologize if I'm asking something I should not
And would be for personal use, besides not to buy from someone who is apparently using your work, as I already saw the sale including in my country

You can buy the Ntag 215 NFC chips from eBay. And use an android phone with the app "tagmo" to wrote the amiibo to the NFC tag. There are many other threads about how to do that on this forum.

I'm not saying this is the best thread to explain it to you but it's a good start https://gbatemp.net/threads/making-amiibo-ntag215s.413050/

DarkAngelPW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can buy the Ntag 215 NFC chips from eBay. And use an android phone with the app "tagmo" to wrote the amiibo to the NFC tag. There are many other threads about how to do that on this forum.

I'm not saying this is the best thread to explain it to you but it's a good start https://gbatemp.net/threads/making-amiibo-ntag215s.413050/

I've been researching more on the subject and found interesting the possibilities of what you can do using nfc

Thank you for your help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs