Hacking currently translating unchained blades exxiv

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psp-unchained-blades-exxiv.jpg

A translation project for Unchained Blades EXXIV.

Current progress:

All items, skills and quest: 100%

Script:0%

Roles filled:
Romhacker: Programmer/flame1234
Translator: Kaikaiser - Guren No Heya Kara

Currently Jobs to fill:

Image Editor

More translators for Script

Current patch: V1 http://www.mediafire.com/download/nyk8kqdy37vfqc5/Exxiv_v1.xdelta

Last edited by kaikaiser,

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have finished the translation of the items/skills etc. Now I need help re inserting the files. I am still confused as how to do this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: kagekyo

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK Taking a break from the frustration that is entako no seito. So back to this one. When you open the iso you can access the data folder from the usrdir folder which has all the game main data. The file data_message_text is were the item and skills files go. So I am going to attempt to import the translated file back into it to see if it takes. You can also find the menu, world map and much more to work on here. So here my question: the map and other files are .tpk. what is this file type and how do you open? Madeditor or another program? Thank you!
So an update: I tried to import the Translated .kdb.txt files back into the data file it came from. Each file I imported said it was smaller then the original. So I imported anyway. Aaaaand the emulator crashed when I launched the game. Is there a way to repack the files containing the text back into a .dpk file? Maybe that would work?
Update: I repacked all the translated files into a new .Dat file and tried to import with cd mage and it asked to pad missing space with 1s and 0s so I let it. When it was all back together I tried to launch the game in emulator and it crashed again. Any suggestions?

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming your using the kdb.txt files from here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/unchained-blades-exxiv-translation.365123/#post-5111440

Anyway if you want a proper translation you'll need a dedicated romhacker to program some tools. Sorry but I'm going to be busy for at least the rest of the year trying to complete Phantasy Star and Sol Trigger. And after that I already have Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 lined up.

Lucky data_message_text.dat isn't so bad as it's plain text and the game even has VWF already and looks pretty good.
The font is UTF8 so not so bad on the byte limits.

Either use UMDGen and export and import the filelist or use WQSS_UMD_R31,
make a backup of the original iso first of course

npjh50648_00002.jpg

Obviously translation here is just for tests

Last edited by JamRules,
Reactions: kagekyo and Shinon

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The script is in kbd.txt files and need a tool made to reverse the extraction and return those files back into the games original type. That is way beyond me so we wait to see if anyone wants to help.

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I am going to do my best to get this done. I will post more shots latter and keep you guys up to date on how it is going. This will also translate the quest you can take in town as well as monster names

Reactions: Shinon

Michael Tripp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am happy to see this game get some attention. Even if we only see an items/skills patch it would be very appreciated. Wish I could offer some technical help but thought I'd express your efforts are appreciated and there are fans of this series that would enjoy it.

Hopefully if this and Students of Round goes well you might consider Elminage 2 and 3. I don't feel like Ghostlight is going to bring this to Steam and these would be two other dungeon crawlers that would benefit from a patch of some sort since it has compared to most PSP rpg's a minimalistic story. Good luck with your endeavors and will keep and eye out for updates.

Reactions: kaikaiser

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so for data_msg_id.dat, I sure hope those first 4 bytes are a signature. If true then nothing there needs to be changed.
And then for data_msg_txt.dat: They used UTF-8 coding. Wow, how nice of them! A little bit hard to explain:
-From personal experience you need about 3 English characters per 1 Japanese character.
-UTF-8 encodes Japanese characters with 3 bytes per character
-UTF-8 encodes English characters with 1 byte per character
So length limits should not be run into. Also they left you 8 LBAs extra for this so even if it's a little longer that's not a problem.

I made this for you if you want to use it. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AxatmFfONWI7i_H_49NKcOw3qo-E56rT_VFQ0dGMZos/edit#gid=0
The basic idea is to use a human-friendly tool, then turn that back into a file the game can read when it's all done. The advantage is you don't have to type common codes, like \n or ,x. Also if you care about balancing lines, it's easier.

Reactions: JamRules

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very much appreciated! The doc will come in handy. As for elminage I was thinking ibun would be the one I would try. I like the anime style. Thanks for all you support!

kaikaiser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flame1234, I wanted to say awesome job on Nayuta no Kiseki!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like what games needs translation?
There are a lot of great game that never came to the west, elminage 2 and 3, ibune. Zero no kiseki/ao no no kiseki, last ranker, rezel cross, Twelve: Sengoku Fuushinden, horizon and many others

Reactions: kagekyo and Shinon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1