santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Are there still problems when you buy a DS Lite now?
Like cracked hinges with a white DS Lite, and dead pixels with the black ones?

QUOTE(Zalda @ Mar 10 2008, 09:55 PM) I too would like to know this.
Planning to buy one soon, but I want to know if itis perfectly safe

I bought an Onyx one in October 2007, and it's fine. I'm pretty pickey about these things, and I didn't find any defects. Please note: I'm in the US, so other areas' results will vary.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
philthy said:
Any news on the screens with the new Cobalt/Onyx colorway? Are they as bad as the Crimson version?

i actually spent all last night comparing and contrasting between 2 blue ones and two crimson ones and the blue ones did not have the same problems. while the yellow tint is difficult for some people to see there are very clear differences between the two and it was driving me nuts last night as i couldn't decide which one to keep (i really wanted the red because the blue one looks more purple than blue and i hate purple).

anyway, the crimson one has a semi-matte finish on the touch screen and it's a bit milky making a glistening effect when it is on which makes it appear a little less sharp. the blue one has a glossy finish with no milkiness and appears sharper but it does have a gold-ish reflection - i am not sure if it's just my screen protector now because i didn't notice it yesterday without it but i'm almost certain it's not. but it is reflected color so only noticeable when bright light is hitting the surface of the screen but doesn't look overall yellow like the crimson.

lastly the dot spacer matrix on the blue one is a lot smaller, there is a noticeable difference in the amount of these little dots. because of that alone you can be certain that they do not use the same touch screens as the crimson.

hope that was helpful - i almost want to get a new batch and compare all over again.

philthy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I'm having a hard time deciding which one to get. I've seen the pics on the Crimson ones and they look nice. Haven't seen much of the Cobalt, but if it's more purple than blue, I might have to pass. Hopefully the new batch of Crimson's don't have the yellow screen issue.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
philthy said:
Damn, I'm having a hard time deciding which one to get. I've seen the pics on the Crimson ones and they look nice. Haven't seen much of the Cobalt, but if it's more purple than blue, I might have to pass. Hopefully the new batch of Crimson's don't have the yellow screen issue.

the new batch is what i was comparing. i had in my possession 2 new crimsons and 2 cobalts and one old crimson. the new crimsons aren't as bad as the old ones. it is a beautiful color i must say and it was very difficult for me to choose the blue one - but in the end, i'll be staring more at the screen than the shell, plus changing the top shell is very easy.

the cobalt one has it's beautiful moments tho- under some lights, it really sparkles a true blue, very metallic.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a Cobalt and I love the color, red ftw
tongue.gif

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I got a DSL from the USA a few months ago, and compared with my now sold 2nd batch Japanese DSL the USA screens sucked; they flickered and had ghosting.

So yeah, I sold it and went for a PSP...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.