Current emuNAND With Main Games Question.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by umBERK, Aug 25, 2014.

1. umBERK
    OP

umBERK Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2014
    Hello,

first time poster but long time reader, the other day I tried to boot up gateway which I had running smoothly, until when I went into gateway mode it didn't register, which means ill have to redo the whole setup ( not an issue )

the question I have though, is now the current emuNAND is incompatable to update to, will I be able to still play all the games I want? I know some games needed certain firmware to run, and if I don't run emuNAND will I still be fine?

I do remember that emuNAND was more so about online like e-shop etc, but that's not an issue I can wait for the next gateway update. im more worried about the roms which needed a certain firmware.

if so, I already know theres no way to update to an earlier emuNAND, but were there some roms that were patched to work with earlier firmwares?

all responses welcome, thanks!

2. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Gateway uses Firmware spoofing no matter what firmware you are on, so you don't need to be on a particular firmware to play games that require it. You can play any games you want.
    The only exception are ROMs that use the new 7.x encryption, but there aren't many like that out there. The one ROM like that to come to mind is Tomodachi Life.

3. umBERK
    OP

umBERK Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2014
    Mate thanks a ton, ive got such a library of games im wanting to play and I thought I was finished and had to wait for the new gateway update, too brilliant.

4. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    By the time you get done with those games, the new firmware for Gateway will be out and there'll be nothing to worry about.