Hacking Current Carts to buy

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So with the new nintendo update, some carts now don't work, and require another ds to update and such.
I bought a ez flash vi and it got blocked by said update so I'm looking for an alternative one.
The supercard is said the best but sucks the battery up due to the cpu, the acekard seems nice but doesn't have ap bypass and that's good to have
so I'm thinking in the iSmart premium or MM.
Is it a good buy?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DSTwo > iSmart premium/MM in pretty much every way. The AK2i works wonders with AKAIO so depending on what you want, I'd choose either the AK2i or the DSTwo. AK2i if you don't need Real Time Saves (save states) or GBA emulation.

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't the DSTwo got somewhat blocked by the update?
Also, I'de really like that auto ap bypass, and since i just wasted 30€ on a cart that doesn't work, i'm feeling quite demoralized in monetary and morally ways

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice, i'll give it a thought then.

Quick question, i couldn't find this in the search, is there anything here relating to updating a blocked cart using another ds?
Im kinda desperate atm due to my cart being blocked, hence this topic

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Quick question, i couldn't find this in the search, is there anything here relating to updating a blocked cart using another ds?
The DSTwo is nice in that it can be updated even if it's blocked, as long as it's updated to at least a certain version (unsure which version). The CPU on it isn't in use when playing DS games, there was extensive battery testing done on multiple flashcarts and they showed that the DSTwo actually didn't use more battery than other flashcarts, unless you were playing a SNES/GBA game or watching a movie with iPlayer.
As for your EZ5i, if you have access to a DS lite or a DSi that's not updated to the latest version, you can use that to update it. You didn't mention what version firmware your EZ5i is updated to, so it might work with the latest DSi firmware version too. It's worth a try if you have access to a DSi but not a DS lite. You just need the firmware download here: http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/V108a.rar

MikeTR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

The DSTwo is nice in that it can be updated even if it's blocked, as long as it's updated to at least a certain version (unsure which version). The CPU on it isn't in use when playing DS games, there was extensive battery testing done on multiple flashcarts and they showed that the DSTwo actually didn't use more battery than other flashcarts, unless you were playing a SNES/GBA game or watching a movie with iPlayer.
As for your EZ5i, if you have access to a DS lite or a DSi that's not updated to the latest version, you can use that to update it. You didn't mention what version firmware your EZ5i is updated to, so it might work with the latest DSi firmware version too. It's worth a try if you have access to a DSi but not a DS lite. You just need the firmware download here: http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/V108a.rar

Isn't there really another way? Like getting updated files from someone, or do in the pc, i dunno e.e
I'm freaking out here ._. I just freshly bought the ez5i and to find it immediatly blocked is hard..

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there really another way? Like getting updated files from someone, or do in the pc, i dunno e.e
I'm freaking out here ._. I just freshly bought the ez5i and to find it immediatly blocked is hard..
With normal flash carts, there's not another way.

The DSTwo can often self-update, and the Cyclo carts and the M3i Zero have their own devices for updating (a transfer cable and a PC-USB thing), other carts do not.

You will need to update it from an older DS/Lite unit (or a DSi that hasn't been updated).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later