Current Best Backup Loader Around

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SteelerRob, Jul 27, 2009.

Jul 27, 2009
  1. SteelerRob
    OP

Newcomer SteelerRob Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi all,

Formatting my Wii soon, on 3.4U in your opinions, whats the best backup loader around at the moment? any ones close to relise to wait for? Ive got a 160GB usb hard drive ide like to run ISOs of if thats possible? not botherd anout file locations etc, only after opinions, dont want to start arguments about legal / ilegal goings on!

Ta

Rob

2. Kosaic

Member Kosaic GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Um, hope you have flame retardent all over you, cause you are about to get it !!!

You seriously need to go read some of the thousands of posts, that describe in detail, exactly what you want to to.

After that, go read the other 1000+ posts that explain which USB Loader is the best, and why.

After that, make a decision and run with it.

K

P.S. - Also read all the 1000000+ threads on how to modify your Wii, or I can see a BRICK coming to your home in the near future. (lookup BRICK as well if you are unsure.)

3. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    HERE are a bunch of useful links for ya.

[​IMG]

4. nightwaxon

Newcomer nightwaxon Member

United Kingdom
    What a twattish reply. God this place is so full of tossers it's unreal.

I've tried most of the loaders and the one to go for is USBLoader-GX. Plays 99% of games and is updated regularly! See relevant topic in the backup loader forum which has all the info and download links you need.

5. SteelerRob
    OP

United Kingdom
    If people feel they have to flame they they can flame away, ive spent 5 hours reading through hundrend of post about loads of various types of backup launchers, how to install them, im not exactley new to the modding scene im just un educated, all i want is peoples opinions of whats the best out there, its not hard and its not unreasnable, theres that many crap loaders out there i could be in my 80's before i find an up to date one!!

6. DGenerateKane

Member DGenerateKane GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That many updates isn't necessarily a good thing. When I saw 15 updates in one day I dumped it and got configurable. Much better. Now I don't have to check for updates every single time I use my wii. Seriously I'd miss 5 updates after not playing the Wii for a few hours. It was ridiculous.

7. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    WRONG FORUM!

8. SteelerRob
    OP

United Kingdom

Sorry, didnt realise [​IMG] im sure admins will move if they see fit.

9. Kosaic

Member Kosaic GBAtemp Fan

Canada
  10. sl33p

Member sl33p GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'll give you a reasonably short answer.

Best disc loader: NeoGamma R6 (well maybe R7 now if that's gone out of beta).
    Runner-up: Cios Rev14 Launch from disc channel if only because it's cool to have that working again. Don't bother with this if you are unsure of what you are doing.

Best USBLoader: USBLoader GX-- best combination of UI and compatibility
    Runner up: NeoGamma-- likely more compatible but a crappy UI if you have more than a few games on your drive.

As other people have mentioned, there is a pecific forum for loaders. With these suggestions in mind please check out the dedicated threads for the loaders.

Posts merged

I'll give you a reasonably short answer. Using Waninkoko's Cios Rev14 for all:

Best disc loader: NeoGamma R6 (well maybe R7 now if that's gone out of beta).
    Runner-up: Cios Rev14 Launch from disc channel if only because it's cool to have that working again. Don't bother with this if you are unsure of what you are doing.

Best USBLoader: USBLoader GX-- best combination of UI and compatibility
    Runner up: NeoGamma R6 (again possibly R7)-- likely more compatible but a crappy UI if you have more than a few games on your drive.

As other people have mentioned, there is a specific forum for loaders. With these suggestions in mind please check out the dedicated threads for the loaders.

11. nightwaxon

Newcomer nightwaxon Member

United Kingdom
    Yes that's a fair point. But I'm still on rev 550. It plays everything I chuck at it on CIOS REV10. I'm more than happy!! Ohhh this thread is still in the wrong forum. Wii Power must be going apoplectic at the moment!!

12. ToneEQ

Member ToneEQ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom

LOL!

Topic: Current Best Backup Loader Around

Forums: Wii Hacking, Wii Backup Loaders

Anyway, USB Loader GX is recommended by me. Have no trouble with any games I've tried yet, 81 and counting. Updated regularly but don't update unless you have a problem.

13. SteelerRob
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ill try a combination of NeoGamma and the USB loader, thatnk for the reccomendations [​IMG]

14. Hybridx24

Member Hybridx24 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you want NeoGamma (R6) search for "NeoGamma R6 Autoboot". It was made by Vegeta and directly loads the DVD inserted in the drive like the Disc Channel. It also has a really nice banner, and you can even hold 1 on the Wiimote to go into the settings page. He also seems to update it occasionally, so he'll probably inject R7 when it comes out of beta.

15. SteelerRob
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks Hybrid, ill sort that [​IMG]