Cubic Ninja has already made the news .

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by air2004, Nov 18, 2014.

1. air2004
    OP

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    Cubic Ninja has already made the news , wow that was quick .
    In recent times we've provided some coverage of progress on a 3DS Homebrew Channel project, which is apparently all set to be released on 22nd November. It can be a grey area of fierce debate, as the excitement for some to produce apps and games — as was the case on DS and Wii — is countered by those that criticise the potential for piracy or unofficial emulators on Nintendo's hardware. Supporters of the 3DS project will no doubt emphasize that it doesn't allow users to play illegally downloaded ROMS of the portable's games, though Nintendo will still likely tackle it with system updates to block access.
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...wing_announcement_of_3ds_homebrew_requirement

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Good job publishing the name of a potentially exploitable game online 4 days before the exploit is out - can't wait for Nintendo to pull it off the eShop and turn everyone into a massive sour puss because they can't get the game on cartridge in their location. This is why we can't have nice things. If smealum delays the release because of this, I both won't be surprised and I'll roll on the floor laughing. Well done, the Internet - you keep on disappointing.

EDIT: Nevermind, actually. The "leak" doesn't seem to be a leak at all, smealum himself revealed the title. A bit misleading OP there, air2004! :P

air2004 likes this.
  3. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1

It was only in the eShop in Japan to begin with, wasn't it? The results for most people are the exact thing that would have happened if it was revealed what game it was on the day of the exploits release.

4. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I gotta admit...I was in a local game store and I looked for that game too. Even though my 3DS has been collecting dust since a few years. :shy:

5. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    few stands for 3.... the 3DS has been out for 3 years... damn. the 3DS has some great games, dont let you believe the hate.

6. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Does nintendolife really qualify as "making the news"? I mean the whole point of the site is to report everything Nintendo, and this isn't the first time they've acknowledged homebrew and hacking on Nintendo platforms before either.

7. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
  8. BrightNeko

BrightNeko Popcorn ball

Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    Texas
    I was under the impression the eshop version only worked on japanese 3DSes. Was that just awkward wording?

9. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I know...but the damnng has too small buttons for my taste (yes, that includes the xl variant). I just went with a different preference

10. air2004
    OP

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    I was gonna link the other articles but I figured this was good enough.

11. drfsupercenter

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    I must say, I find it hilarious how you can't find one less than $20 anymore on eBay or similar.

They used to be all over the place for $5 or less. I picked one up a couple months ago for like $4.99, complete with the box and manual too.

But... this is exactly why the game was kept secret until the exploit was almost ready... let's see how long it takes GameStop to completely sell out as well LOL

12. jakeyjake

jakeyjake GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    USA
    Why do you need the cartridge itself? I haven't kept up much with recent homebrew, but for like the supercard on DS, i recall just needing the rom of the exploited game.

13. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    Canada.
    Bought 3 copies around my area for a total of $40. Probably gonna end up reselling two of them to my friends. It'll be a good investment.

14. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Because it can't install anything to the 3DS itself. You need to run the game each time and the game itself will act as the homebrew launcher.

jakeyjake likes this.
  15. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    If you already have a Gateway then this exploit is useless to you. The Gateway can already run Homebrew on it.

If you don't have a Gateway you can't run a backup of the game to install to exploit, and well... TIME PARADOX (a.k.a. that's what a real cartridge is for.)

jakeyjake likes this.
  16. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    How bad do you think the studio responsible for the game feels haha

Our game is so bad its only worth 5 bucks now
    wait sales are going up
    we are sold out
    resellers are going for $50 on amazon
    what have we done

Ammako, Celice and drfsupercenter like this.