Cubic Ninja has already made the news .

air2004

Air
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cubic Ninja has already made the news , wow that was quick .
In recent times we've provided some coverage of progress on a 3DS Homebrew Channel project, which is apparently all set to be released on 22nd November. It can be a grey area of fierce debate, as the excitement for some to produce apps and games — as was the case on DS and Wii — is countered by those that criticise the potential for piracy or unofficial emulators on Nintendo's hardware. Supporters of the 3DS project will no doubt emphasize that it doesn't allow users to play illegally downloaded ROMS of the portable's games, though Nintendo will still likely tackle it with system updates to block access.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...wing_announcement_of_3ds_homebrew_requirement

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good job publishing the name of a potentially exploitable game online 4 days before the exploit is out - can't wait for Nintendo to pull it off the eShop and turn everyone into a massive sour puss because they can't get the game on cartridge in their location. This is why we can't have nice things. If smealum delays the release because of this, I both won't be surprised and I'll roll on the floor laughing. Well done, the Internet - you keep on disappointing.

EDIT: Nevermind, actually. The "leak" doesn't seem to be a leak at all, smealum himself revealed the title. A bit misleading OP there, air2004! :P

Reactions: air2004

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Good job publishing the name of a potentially exploitable game online 4 days before the exploit is out - can't wait for Nintendo to pull it off the eShop and turn everyone into a massive sour puss because they can't get the game on cartridge in their location. This is why we can't have nice things. If smealum delays the release because of this, I both won't be surprised and I'll roll on the floor laughing. Well done, the Internet - you keep on disappointing.

It was only in the eShop in Japan to begin with, wasn't it? The results for most people are the exact thing that would have happened if it was revealed what game it was on the day of the exploits release.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I gotta admit...I was in a local game store and I looked for that game too. Even though my 3DS has been collecting dust since a few years. :shy:

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I gotta admit...I was in a local game store and I looked for that game too. Even though my 3DS has been collecting dust since a few years. :shy:

few stands for 3.... the 3DS has been out for 3 years... damn. the 3DS has some great games, dont let you believe the hate.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does nintendolife really qualify as "making the news"? I mean the whole point of the site is to report everything Nintendo, and this isn't the first time they've acknowledged homebrew and hacking on Nintendo platforms before either.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
few sounds for 3.... the 3DS has been out for 3 years... damn. the 3DS has some great games, dont let you believe the hate.
I know...but the damnng has too small buttons for my taste (yes, that includes the xl variant). I just went with a different preference

air2004

Air
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does nintendolife really qualify as "making the news"? I mean the whole point of the site is to report everything Nintendo, and this isn't the first time they've acknowledged homebrew and hacking on Nintendo platforms before either.
I was gonna link the other articles but I figured this was good enough.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must say, I find it hilarious how you can't find one less than $20 anymore on eBay or similar.

They used to be all over the place for $5 or less. I picked one up a couple months ago for like $4.99, complete with the box and manual too.

But... this is exactly why the game was kept secret until the exploit was almost ready... let's see how long it takes GameStop to completely sell out as well LOL

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you need the cartridge itself? I haven't kept up much with recent homebrew, but for like the supercard on DS, i recall just needing the rom of the exploited game.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought 3 copies around my area for a total of $40. Probably gonna end up reselling two of them to my friends. It'll be a good investment.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why do you need the cartridge itself? I haven't kept up much with recent homebrew, but for like the supercard on DS, i recall just needing the rom of the exploited game.

Because it can't install anything to the 3DS itself. You need to run the game each time and the game itself will act as the homebrew launcher.

Reactions: jakeyjake

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you already have a Gateway then this exploit is useless to you. The Gateway can already run Homebrew on it.

If you don't have a Gateway you can't run a backup of the game to install to exploit, and well... TIME PARADOX (a.k.a. that's what a real cartridge is for.)

Reactions: jakeyjake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1