Homebrew Ctrulib's "textured_cube" example - what is the texture format?

PewnyPL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So I spent part of the day today setting up ctrulib, compiling some of the examples, trying them out, and then I moved in to try modifying some stuff. So one of the things is the textured_cube one. So before I tried to change the displayed model and such I wanted to first switch the texture to another one and... this is where problems start. I tried using the steps given in the 24-bit image example, I modified the dimensions in the main.c from 64x64 to 16x16, later to 256x256 (been trying with two files), I tried changing the texture type from RGBA8 to RGB8 (since the steps from the second example only talk of RGB, without alpha), but I still get a garbled mess both on Citra and actual 3DS.

Therefore I ask, does anyone know what format the texture file is in and what would be the best/easiest way under Windows to convert a png file to it?

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I just figured it out. The file just needs to be converted using this converter. Now it works perfectly. So, I guess this thread should either be removed or kept so anyone having this problem can quickly find a fix.

Last edited by PewnyPL,
Reactions: marc00077

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: New Orange Pi 🥰