Hacking CTRTransfer Keeps Messing Up

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a new SNES N3DS XL and wanted to do a CTRTransfer from my old Zelda N2DS XL. I updated the system to 11.8 and then according to GodMode9, everything was successful. However, upon rebooting my N3DS XL, my games aren’t there and the few titles that are present are blank.

So what went wrong? I deleted my new Nintendo 3DS folder and added the old one along with the CTRTransfer.bin from the old. I did everything right, so why are my games not showing up?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you backup your tickets and reinstall them afterwards? Honestly, even on a CFW console using the official system transfer is way easier and doesn't cause any issues like bans. CTRNAND transfers are more for corrupted CTRNAND partitions, not for system transfers.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to reinstall the tickets. If you didn't dump them prior to the transfer, than you're SOL. You'll have to reinstall everything. You can try to use something like TikDevil to get back installed titled that aren't showing up, but if they're newer games that won't help anyway.

Never follow video guides.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just followed this guide:

If you have no backed up tickets or didn't use a save manager backing up game saves + extdata, follow this guide:

There's a tickets.db that got dumped when I dumped my CTRTransfer. That doesn't count?
Yes. Use GodMode9 v1.7.1 for restore the ticket if you kept it.

1 - Put the ticket.db in the 0:/gm9/out folder.
2 - GodMode9 → (HOME) button → GM9Megascript → Inject Options → Inject ticket.db → etc.​

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW this is a lot easier to do by making a NAND backup on the source console, doing an official system transfer and then restoring the NAND backup. It does the exact same thing with half the work, and no room for error. If you decide to do this again......

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW this is a lot easier to do by making a NAND backup on the source console, doing an official system transfer and then restoring the NAND backup. It does the exact same thing with half the work, and no room for error. If you decide to do this again......

And I shouldn't have any issues doing that? Doesn't it connect to Nintendo's servers? Can I do this with a region changed console? I had two consoles, and the only one I can still get my hands on is the region changed one

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I shouldn't have any issues doing that? Doesn't it connect to Nintendo's servers? Can I do this with a region changed console? I had two consoles, and the only one I can still get my hands on is the region changed one
You can undo a region change, but yeah both consoles need to be the same region.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No titles listed at all. Not even with the X
Yup then you're going to have to use the thread suggested to recover.....

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The console I can get my hands on was originally a Japanese region I region changed to USA. The one I'm trying to transfer to is a US console as well.
At this point it's moot as your console has already been "half transferred" I would follow @TurdPooCharger advice and restore the original system before attempting that. Worst case is it will fail, best scenario is it will work and you'll have to start over from scratch as far as games/apps.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No titles listed at all. Not even with the X
This can happen if:
  • The movable.sed encryption keyY changes, rendering those titles totally unrecognizable.
  • Your games are located in different <ID1> subfolder within the Nintendo 3DS folder; 3DS is not looking in the correct directory.
  • 3DS does not have *.db list ?? of those games, so doesn't see them. This one I'm not too sure.
Try dumping one of your unrecognized games as a *.cia file in GodMode9 but do not install it. ~ Reinstalling a *.cia will overwrite your *.sav file, deleting the save.
This simple check is to see if your movable.sed matches your <ID0> folder.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I have that clarified please?
The thread that was posted to you on the other page about losing all your games and apps. Follow that first to get your system as close to where it was before you followed that video guide. After that, you can do a system transfer normally after making a NAND backup. So go HERE, read that, do the steps, see where it gets you and then come back.

This can happen if:
  • The movable.sed encryption keyY changes, rendering those titles totally unrecognizable.
  • Your games are located in different <ID1> subfolder within the Nintendo 3DS folder; 3DS is not looking in the correct directory.
  • 3DS does not have *.db list ?? of those games, so doesn't see them. This one I'm not too sure.
Try dumping one of your unrecognized games as a *.cia file in GodMode9 but do not install it. This will overwrite your *.sav file, deleting the save.
This simple check is to see if your movable.sed matches your <ID0> folder.
I don't think her ID0 is encrypted for the new console which is the problem. Any console once the SD data is created has a ticket.db. The new console can't read the N3DS folder, and it's never going to unless she get's someone to force the ID0 with her movable.sed of the new console.

Well after watching the video he just has you do you CTRNAND transfer through D9, then copy the SD card files over 1:1.... Did you dump your own CTRNAND or use one found elsewhere. Honestly, this should have worked fine as long as you were using your own CTRNAND.

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thread that was posted to you on the other page about losing all your games and apps. Follow that first to get your system as close to where it was before you followed that video guide. After that, you can do a system transfer normally after making a NAND backup. So go HERE, read that, do the steps, see where it gets you and then come back.

I don't think her ID0 is encrypted for the new console which is the problem. Any console once the SD data is created has a ticket.db. The new console can't read the N3DS folder, and it's never going to unless she get's someone to force the ID0 with her movable.sed of the new console.

Well after watching the video he just has you do you CTRNAND transfer through D9, then copy the SD card files over 1:1.... Did you dump your own CTRNAND or use one found elsewhere. Honestly, this should have worked fine as long as you were using your own CTRNAND.

Dumped my own CTRNAND. I did make NAND backups of this new system before I did any transfers.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumped my own CTRNAND. I did make NAND backups of this new system before I did any transfers.
Did you back the NAND from your old system? The target system is irrelevant at this point. If all you did was create the CTRNAND tranfer from your old console, create a NAND dump too. Restore BOTH NANDs. And your systems should be how they were before you started. Then you can just do the regular system transfer.

That guide you were following was from 2017 for one, and for people who didn't have consoles on the most updated firmware to do an official transfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-