Homebrew CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm recompiling some homebrew apps to use the directory /data/<appname>/... instead of using the root of the sdcard for their config files or other resources, because I want to keep the files more organized.

In this case I want to put the boot.cfg file to /data/boot.cfg by editing config.c , but when I compile, I get the following error at the end:

linking boot.elf
main.o: In function `main':
main.c:(.text.startup+0x0): multiple definition of `main'
main.o:main.c:(.text.startup+0x0): first defined here
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/Users/Stefan/Desktop/CtrBootManager/boot.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

My Devkitpro and the libs should be up to date and the most other homebrew compiles just fine. Where is my error? Thanks!
Oups, I did a few modifications to cakebrah (delete main.c and disable debug output) but it wasn't correctly uploaded to github.. For now you should be able to just delete the main.c file which is probably in this folder. I'll update my github tomorrow.

Last edited by cpasjuste,
Reactions: gl1mml1ng

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
On my n3DS the boot rate seems to be unstabler with CTR than with direct rxTools boot.
Any change getting this stabler?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
possible to boot gateway?
At least the gw menu?
No... Because GW Team apparently aren't interested on port their launcher to any *Hax.

On my n3DS the boot rate seems to be unstabler with CTR than with direct rxTools boot.
Any change getting this stabler?
I guess adding more time with "autobootfix" parameter. Test if it works!

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: Ninoh-FOX

clock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used the latest version (b07) and I can boot rxtool/cakecfw/hbl on n3dsxl 9.0 fine, but whenever I tried to boot reinand emunand (modified by daxtsu), it always black out and freeze. I waited for awhile but it just stay there. When I switched back to b02 it boot just fine. I really like the color menu of later version. Can anyone help me?

I don't use the autoboot feature, I set the timeout to 10 to choose which I want to boot.

Last edited by clock,

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS 9.5. emunand on b7 and it boots just fine, just unstable and holding the power button every third boot to get back to Rx mode emunand or HBlauncher is kinda rough. I love this and hope you continue to do great work.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
possible to boot gateway?
At least the gw menu?
To boot GW type payloads, you would have it decrypted (at least, its first stage) with aescbc. Also notice its offset.
The key is known, and this could be possible. However i don't know if AES related code taken in would cause any troubles.
If you want it so badly, just try to do it yourself. Not hard, if you don't mind to take a look at how Roxas did this with RxTools 2.5 with its DS installer.

Reactions: fmkid and tivu100

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To boot GW type payloads, you would have it decrypted (at least, its first stage) with aescbc. Also notice its offset.
The key is known, and this could be possible. However i don't know if AES related code taken in would cause any troubles.
If you want it so badly, just try to do it yourself. Not hard, if you don't mind to take a look at how Roxas did this with RxTools 2.5 with its DS installer.
I also interested in getting Gateway menu on exploitable N3DS (to back up NAND, game cart, game save data and create different EMUNAND on different SD to test stuff). Without CN or OOT it's a complicated process to boot Gateway menu, and success rate is not perfect. I have no programming skill/knowledge so impossible to do.

If anyone has the skill to do it, please spend your free time to make it.

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I want to launch rxtools 2.6, I edited the cfg to point to "rxtools.dat" but it crashes when it tries to load it. Is there a way to make it work?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to launch rxtools 2.6, I edited the cfg to point to "rxtools.dat" but it crashes when it tries to load it. Is there a way to make it work?
Not impossible but simply no because the developers don't look to re-write stable version to support new feature. Use newer version which is being developed along side with new feature like ThemeHax&bootmanager

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: darklinkpower

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not impossible but simply no because the developers don't look to re-write stable version to support new feature. Use newer version which is being developed along side with new feature like ThemeHax&bootmanager
Sigh, I like 2.6 because it's bug free, boots faster (at least that's what I've noticed) and I like the simpler/more efficient menu. Also, I don't know if xorpad generation is working, but it's been a while since I tried the newer rxtools, I will take a look.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.