Homebrew CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi !

I just updated the first post with a new version :

- fix broken wifi on a lot of 3dsx
- fix booting some 3dsx
- added 3dsx descriptor support (xml)
- fix 3dsx netload
- updated to latest ctrulib

Thanks for this update. This paired with themehax 1.3 (hax 2.1 payload) seems to have boosted my boot rate to 100%. Did a small sample run of ten attempts and all ten booted into Reinand (I recompiled my autoboot 3dsx files with the latest ctrulib. I should probably upload them..).

Reactions: klear

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi !

I just updated the first post with a new version :

- fix broken wifi on a lot of 3dsx
- fix booting some 3dsx
- added 3dsx descriptor support (xml)
- fix 3dsx netload
- updated to latest ctrulib

Updated to b08 today, and I'm one of the people who had trouble with Wifi earlier. It works now, but only if I booted into HB launcher (Masher's or Smea's) first. Otherwise I just can't get a connection. Any ideas?

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Updated to b08 today, and I'm one of the people who had trouble with Wifi earlier. It works now, but only if I booted into HB launcher (Masher's or Smea's) first. Otherwise I just can't get a connection. Any ideas?

I don't know what's going on :/ You mean when you boot HBL from CBM menu, you don't have wifi under HBL but if you boot HBL directly (as boot.3dsx) then launch CBM from there then you have working wifi ? On my o3ds 9.2 i now always have wifi working from CBM (as boot.3dsx) !

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know what's going on :/ You mean when you boot HBL from CBM menu, you don't have wifi under HBL but if you boot HBL directly (as boot.3dsx) then launch CBM from there then you have working wifi ? On my o3ds 9.2 i now always have wifi working from CBM (as boot.3dsx) !
Sorry, I didn't put that right. When I boot into HBL from CBM, everything works fine. The problem is, when I use 3DSlink or ftBrony from CBM directly, WiFi does not work. If I use CBM to boot into HBL, then get back to CBM, WiFi works (even if there is a full reboot in between, I know).

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I didn't put that right. When I boot into HBL from CBM, everything works fine. The problem is, when I use 3DSlink or ftBrony from CBM directly, WiFi does not work. If I use CBM to boot into HBL, then get back to CBM, WiFi works (even if there is a full reboot in between, I know).
I'll take a look.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can it be updated to have an option to set the wait time from within a homebrew app or the app itself, instead of doing it on a computer?
Yes I'll add that very soon.

I tried ftbrony from CBM here and it works. What's your 3ds version/fw ?

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a ton! It might be in part due to me being impatient waiting for a connection, but I doubt it. A WiFi indicator (I know, doesn't fit well in the current structure) might help troubleshooting.

Are you using latest 2.5 hax and is your 3ds old or new ?

After reflexion it can be because :

- You use a modified ftbrony which comes without XML descriptor for additional service ? Try with latest ftbrony from smea starter pack.
- The netloader doesn't handle XML descriptor so I guess it can break some things, I'll take a look.

Last edited by cpasjuste,

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get the config file to work for some reason. I still use the old rxTools (located in root), but Whenever I run the HBL app, I only get"select a file to boot", Netloader, Reboot, and Power Off. When I hit SELECT A FILE and choose RXTOOLS, it just freezes and I have to power down manually. I can't even button-press back to HBL

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to boot the home menu with this?
No :/

I can't get the config file to work for some reason. I still use the old rxTools (located in root), but Whenever I run the HBL app, I only get"select a file to boot", Netloader, Reboot, and Power Off. When I hit SELECT A FILE and choose RXTOOLS, it just freezes and I have to power down manually. I can't even button-press back to HBL

Your boot.cfg config file is corrupted. Copy the one from the archive and start from there once again.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can it be updated to have an option to set the wait time from within a homebrew app or the app itself, instead of doing it on a computer?

I finally added editing the configuration from the app itself ! I need to polish one/two things but i should be able to release it tomorrow.
By the way, i also have a very good boot rate with ninjahax 2.5, themehax 2.0 and autobootfix = 8 on old3ds (like some previous reports).

Reactions: daxtsu and DjoeN

AileenLumina

Python main, software engineer and API designer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I finally added editing the configuration from the app itself ! I need to polish one/two things but i should be able to release it tomorrow.
By the way, i also have a very good boot rate with ninjahax 2.5, themehax 2.0 and autobootfix = 8 on old3ds (like some previous reports).
Happy to hear read that, that makes a lot of things much easier. :)
Can you or someone recommend a good autobootfix value for new3DS users? 150 isn't perfect it seems. 3000 as used by homehax 2.0 either. Well, I didn't try 0 as used by @duwen yet...

I recompiled my autoboot 3dsx files with the latest ctrulib. I should probably upload them..).
Please do. :)

Last edited by AileenLumina,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Happy to hear that, that makes a lot of things much easier. :)
Can you or someone recommend a good autobootfix value for new3DS users? 150 isn't perfect it seems. 3000 as used by homehax 2.0 either. Well, I didn't try 0 as used by @duwen yet...

Please do. :)

See the Reinand thread in the flashcart section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BETA215 @ BETA215: Fighting downhill is proper of traitors, sometimes you do what you have to do...