Not open for further replies.

Pink_Waters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My suggestions:

- an auto update feature, that incorporates every new wii update released that is pre-modified and and update the cSM (so we don't lose neither wii shop nor wiiconnect24 functionality)

- a cSM uninstall feature!

- a workaround that when we remove titles from the wii save or channel menus, it removes the tickets also!

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Pink_Waters' suggestions:
1. There is little to no features in the official firmwares except homebrew blocking techniques which they pass off as features.

2. Why?

3. AnyTitle Deleter works fine.

Pink_Waters

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Arm the homeless

1- because iam on 3.3 v1 , i 've noticed that i cannot turn on wiiconnect42, which some games require for online play.. and i don't wanna update the system cause i've heard that its a bad step.. so thats why i suggested that the wii appear up to date so we use that feature, beside wii shop

2- if you no longer need it, or something better on the homebrew scene came up?!

3- you can use that without the actual wad file in hand ?

Sluipkroket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Arm the Homeless said:
Again...

1. Never mind. You don't get it.

2. Why would you no longer need it? And what would something better be that requires a OFW?

3. No WAD required.

@ #2 Well what if your disk drive dies and you want to send it back to Nintendo?

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I doubt I can put many more features in for the first release, i kinda wanna perfect what I have now and get it out there, then develop more afterwards. Dashboard will be a feature that's implemented as well.

But I can't decide what I want to do...

Dashboard will be residing in the system menu title (00000001-00000002) and what I cant decide between is:

1) Have it completely takeover the 00000002 title (no more system menu there) so that it's run upon boot, and is capable of launching the system menu from any other title (I made a new directory, 464F5253-00000001 "FORS") where System menus can be installed. Obviously 00000001 is the first slot, 00000002 would be the second, and so on. They are rather large, so having more than 2 installed at once is kind of a NAND hog.

2) The second option is to try to streamline dashboard into the system menu installation (00000001-00000002), where I add dashboard to the tmd, change the boot index to point to my loader stub instead of the system menu, and install the title that way. This way nothing is moved, dashboard just hooked in. but this would mean having to re-latch dashboard into every update for cSM, which would be a hassle...Its a dangerous thing to change, if something goes wrong you can brick from it...so when dashboard is installed i'd rather it be a one-time install (provided you don't overwrite it with an official nintendo update).

Thoughts? Give good reasoning behind your opinion.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
brick your wii and they wont know it
laugh.gif

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Forsaekn said:
Yeah I doubt I can put many more features in for the first release, i kinda wanna perfect what I have now and get it out there, then develop more afterwards. Dashboard will be a feature that's implemented as well.

Dashboard will be residing in the system menu title (00000001-00000002) and what I cant decide between is:

1) Have it completely takeover the 00000002 title (no more system menu there) so that it's run upon boot, and is capable of launching the system menu from any other title (I made a new directory, 464F5253-00000001 "FORS") where System menus can be installed. Obviously 00000001 is the first slot, 00000002 would be the second, and so on. They are rather large, so having more than 2 installed at once is kind of a NAND hog.

2) The second option is to try to streamline dashboard into the system menu installation (00000001-00000002), where I add dashboard to the tmd, change the boot index to point to my loader stub instead of the system menu, and install the title that way. This way nothing is moved, dashboard just hooked in.

number 2
laugh.gif
cause most people have already to low memory with all their piracy wads XD

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicksasa said:
Forsaekn said:

2) The second option is to try to streamline dashboard into the system menu installation (00000001-00000002), where I add dashboard to the tmd, change the boot index to point to my loader stub instead of the system menu, and install the title that way. This way nothing is moved, dashboard just hooked in.

number 2
laugh.gif
cause most people have already to low memory with all their piracy wads XD
I mean, even with the first option you can still only have 1 menu installed, I just made it possible to have more than one if you wanted to.

EDIT: Im leaning towards #1, seems like the smart solution.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah streamline - the only thing id really like is an autoboot of a game if its in the drive upon power up and skip the menus unless you press B or something like that.

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What about a simple "boot strap" on NAND that load your cSM from SD, if cannot be found it would load normal SM. It would be risk free to test new cSM, no storage problem
wink.gif

Idealy it would be great if IOSes could be put on SDCard too.

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
2. Why would you no longer need it? And what would something better be that requires a OFW?

I agree that an uninstall option would be nice. I think its one of those options that generally gets overlooked with this kind of work because when the work is being developed, everybody is too excited about it to consider the fact that one day they might want to remove it.

What if there was a problem with your Wii that is covered under warranty and you don't want it on there when you send it back to them? Maybe you want to sell your used Wii to a game store down the road and would rather they not know that you had cSM on there before.

I don't think an uninstallation is so much a necessity as it is just the idea that it's nice to know you have options down the road; that you're allowed to change your mind.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noir said:
Arm the Homeless said:

I agree that an uninstall option would be nice. I think its one of those options that generally gets overlooked with this kind of work because when the work is being developed, everybody is too excited about it to consider the fact that one day they might want to remove it.

What if there was a problem with your Wii that is covered under warranty and you don't want it on there when you send it back to them? Maybe you want to sell your used Wii to a game store down the road and would rather they not know that you had cSM on there before.

I don't think an uninstallation is so much a necessity as it is just the idea that it's nice to know you have options down the road; that you're allowed to change your mind.
Uninstallation isnt a problem as you can just update your wii *or* use patchmii to download and install a regular system menu, overwriting Dashboard. From there you can simply use anytitle deleter to delete cSM (wherever its installed).

the other alternative to updating your wii is to just use Anyregionchanger to install 3.2. No problem. Im also thinking of making dashboard set the version number of the system menu title to v0 so that nintendo's update feature will always think it needs an update (for easy uninstallation). Dunno yet tho.

Beatchu

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it's not system menu but how about a clock on the GOD DAMN HOME MENU... Inbetween where it says home menu and close... Prob can't do it but if you do this I will love you

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ummm... there is a clock... it's in the middle, twards the bottom, but on the white channel section...

moarwiishop1.jpg

it just flashes back and forth with time and WII

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buy a watch, look at your cell phone, glance at your cable box, plug in an old alarm clock next to your TV, ask your significant other/children/parents....

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i think it would be a nice feature to have. some will say it's absolutely unnecessary but some will say what a great idea. i am in the last group
smile.gif

btw: i have an idea for a nice extension. give parents the ability to set a certain amount of time the console can be used. let's say you could configure in the parental system that your kids are allowed to play xyz minutes a day. after this time has passed you would have to enter a security code to make the console usable again. but the timer is set back, lets say, every day at noon.

another great thing would be a feature to display the time you already spent in a game. lets say you press the home-button on your wiimote, the overlayed menu shows up with a digital clock and displaying the playtime. something like that:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning