Crush 3D "Delayed Due to Success of 3DS"

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zoë Mode reveal that the 3DS version of Crush has been delayed until the 3DS is more successful.

Back in May Sega announced that they would be bringing the PSP game Crush to the 3DS, under the name CRUSH3D. The game was being developed by Zoë Mode who made the successful PSP original.

However in a new roundtable with GamesIndustry.biz Zoë Mode's studio head Paul Mottram revealed that the project has been delayed. Discussing the difficulties facing studios in the contemporary market Mr. Mottram stated:

"But now we're finding that everyone is not knowing what platform is going to succeed - we did our first 3DS title - we got Crush onto that, but we had to delay the release of that because of the success of the platform."
It sounds as if CRUSH3D has been delayed until 3DS sales pick up. With a number of big titles due this year and continued support from Nintendo hopefully the title won't be delayed for too long.[/p]

Okay seriously when the big Nintendo titles get released later, they will be complaining that there are too many high profile games to compete against for the excuse of poor sales!

Source

Update! Shinobi is delayed too!

Thanks to SamAsh07 for the news

SamAsh07 said:
Not only Crush 3D, even Shinobi has been delayed.

SEGA said today it is delaying the release of Shinobi and Crush 3D for the Nintendo 3DS.

Shinobi will now release on November 15, 2011. Crush 3D was pushed to February 21, 2012.

Both titles were originally slated for release this coming September.[/p]

arrow.gif
Source

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This proves one thing - the 3DS is selling like shit now

But yeah, when it becomes successful when all the malleo and weegee comes out, there will be too many to choose

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bahahahaha more sucessful?
They can wait forever then.

Yah, yah bash me that its only the launch and every console has a slow start.
But even with slow starts, you know the capabilities of what to expect.

Aether

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tanveer said:

To be honest, I felt the same at the PSP launch.
Very little titles that interested me, a fair amount of ps1 ports, yet I did buy one. nowadays it's still one of my favorite handhelds.
smile.gif

The same goes for the 3DS, launch is utter crap but once the mario games hit the market it will sell well.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aether said:
Tanveer said:

To be honest, I felt the same at the PSP launch.
Very little titles that interested me, a fair amount of ps1 ports, yet I did buy one. nowadays it's still one of my favorite handhelds.
smile.gif

The same goes for the 3DS, launch is utter crap but once the mario games hit the market it will sell well.
There is a difference between slow start and utter dissapointment.
I didnt get a PS3 till last year. Like any console it did have a slow start.
The original xbox had "few" titles to start with, it still sold pretty well and it moved on really slowly.
Same with PSP and the original DS.

but thats not how I feel about the 3DS. Simply nothing impressive about it. I am no Nintendo hater, but the upcomming titles(mario kart and whatever shit is coming up) isnt all that impressive either. I have played ENOUGH mario kart -.-

Just to be clear, I aint no fanboy of anything. I dont give a fuck about the companies, just want good products thats it.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
chris888222 said:
This proves one thing - the 3DS is selling like shit now

But yeah, when it becomes successful when all the malleo and weegee comes out, there will be too many to choose
I don't think that's really gonna save this.

With the localizations and this kind of stuff, I see Nintendo going pretty far down.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If a 3DS mode flashcart had to appear now, that would be the end for the 3DS, and the devs ae probably scared of this possibility (this + low sales + PSVita + WiiU/controller).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The only way to cover region locking - lower prices of EU games and have international releases instead of Japan first. (or hacks
tpi.gif
)

Suddenly I just lost faith in the 3DS, and im rather becoming more interested in that Wii U than the 3DS. with game cancellations, delays and region locks...

I'm just glad I pre-paid my vita. If there's no RS remake or MH coming out, I'll bid adieu to my 3DS

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
So, Nintendo holds on their games to let 3rd party developers shine during the launch, but they don't deliver. Now they are delaying or cancelling games in development because the system isn't successful. Had Nintendo gone and released their own games during the launch, the 3rd party games wouldn't have sold as well as they have, which wasn't very positive already.

Funny how they blame Nintendo and the system for such problems when their own games aren't even up to snuff in the first place. Many games from Nintendo are popular, even remakes, not just because they hold the Nintendo name, but because they are quality titles worth playing, which is why people would prefer something with Nintendo's name on Nintendo's devices over games made by other developers on the same devices. Some will disagree with this "quality", but the overall picture shows otherwise for most.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fucking Nintendo... What are you doing? Seriously, you're going to end up making the Virtual Boy 2.0.

And you don't have your Mario net to save you this time. Your either fighting out or dying.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
That kind of makes it catch 22 doesn't it? If publihers are saying "We're not releasing games until more people buy the 3DS" and gamers are saying "We're not buying the 3DS until some games are released"

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's never getting released.

They obviously don't have enough faith in the game to expect it to do well, and it will only get worse when bigger titles are released. The game doesn't stand a chance.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
It's never getting released.

They obviously don't have enough faith in the game to expect it to do well, and it will only get worse when bigger titles are released. The game doesn't stand a chance.

If they've got a finished game they have doubts about, they might as well release it now - there's nothing else to buy so even if it's very average it'll be bought by people who just want something to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/tP_4p2-HkOo?si=YA0-tpAzP26E-P66