Hacking Crown3DS Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should rename it for what it really is - a hype meter. Without knowing how to reach a goal you can't possibly know what percentage you've completed of that goal.

We've been over this, right?

It makes as much sense as having a percentage meter for the completion of the cure for cancer.

Skooz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
by the time they are done with this project (assuming it is not fake!), my cell phone would be powerful enough to play emulate 3ds games >:(

Royounet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read about the end of your discussion concerning the piracy, and I just want to add some things.
First, I'm french (so please excuse my english ! :D ), and I dunno how it is in US or UK.

But in France, if ever you buy your games used (from a specialized shop), you don't donate a buck to the developers. You just pay the shop. The only advantage for you is the low price.
So there's no differences between buy a used game and pirate it. Except for the price : pirating is free...

Besides, speaking about DS or Wii, pirating games allows you to own many games on a single cart/on a HDD. Very useful, isn't it ? Though there's nothing like owning the CD or the cartridge, you may be unable to afford the price of every single games you would want (may they be outnumbered, with the very high and increasing percentage of useless crap), or simplier you may not live in a place large enough to stock them Oo

To sum it up, piracy is, unfortunately, very useful, and nearly needed for the real gamers we are.
It's up to us to be responsible, and show our support to developers by buying a game, when a really good game is released. This way piracy may be useful for consumers as well as developers. Never forget that DS hacking possibilities DID boost the console sales, whereas it has no impact on the DS games sales...

Engi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As many people said, it can be just a pirated version of splinter cell, not a flash card. So, at least they can sell a pirate copy of splinter cell cartdrige, that is larger than a 3ds cartdrige (actually, larger than the 3ds).

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But in France, if ever you buy your games used (from a specialized shop), you don't donate a buck to the developers. You just pay the shop. The only advantage for you is the low price.
So there's no differences between buy a used game and pirate it. Except for the price : pirating is free...
BULLSHIT

Thats just first class MAFIAA CoolAid.

The used games do not appear in the shop from thin air.
You have to consider the whole chain not just the last link.

When you buy a new game you don't pay the developer either.
You pay the very same shop owner.
Even he does not pay the developer, at best he pays the publisher.
Most likely there are one or more wholesale merchants in between.
This does not mean that you should pirate it instead.
And adding 2 more persons before your end of the chain does not change a thing.

Additionally the abillity to sell a game use make people buy more expensive games.
Consider persona willing to pay 30 to play a game.
Since it costs 60 they don't buy it because it is not worth that to them.
They might mait a few months for the price to fall or simply walk away from it entirely.
Or if they know they can probably sell it for another 30 they can buy it.
If used sale were outlawed they would not.

Reactions: 2 people

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
silly topic. focusing on something that has little value.

can someone at least take it off the main page?

thanks.
Wut? I can't see it on the main page anywhere.

Anyway, I'm closing it. The thread has derailed entirely, and it serves no purpose at all.

Everyone, please refraing opening new CROWN3DS threads until news appears. Thanks.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I believe at least 75% of the people (me included) who want crown3ds is because of bypassing region lock - that's one reason. Another might be homebrew/emulation but definitely not as huge as bypassing RL.

And yes, close this thread.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe at least 75% of the people (me included) who want crown3ds is because of bypassing region lock - that's one reason. Another might be homebrew/emulation but definitely not as huge as bypassing RL.

Crown3DS isn't going to bypass region lock or allow homebrew, though... it physically can't. ._.

Royounet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BULLSHIT

Thats just first class MAFIAA CoolAid.

The used games do not appear in the shop from thin air.
You have to consider the whole chain not just the last link.

When you buy a new game you don't pay the developer either.
You pay the very same shop owner.
Even he does not pay the developer, at best he pays the publisher.
Most likely there are one or more wholesale merchants in between.
This does not mean that you should pirate it instead.
And adding 2 more persons before your end of the chain does not change a thing.

Additionally the abillity to sell a game use make people buy more expensive games.
Consider persona willing to pay 30 to play a game.
Since it costs 60 they don't buy it because it is not worth that to them.
They might mait a few months for the price to fall or simply walk away from it entirely.
Or if they know they can probably sell it for another 30 they can buy it.
If used sale were outlawed they would not.

You don't understand me.
If you can buy a used game, it's because someone bought it new.
If new games resellers buy games from someone who bought them to someone who bought them to someone who bought them etc. ... ... to someone who bought them from the publishers who bought them from Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony/Square-Enix/Atari/Bandai-Namco/etc, finally, when you buy a new game, it's as if you give money to the developers.

Developers

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Crown3DS isn't going to bypass region lock or allow homebrew, though... it physically can't. ._.
And that's the reason why I posted.

No region bypass or homebrew? GTFO

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And that's the reason why I posted.

No region bypass or homebrew? GTFO

Some people want something that is, if nothing else, at least a piracy card for now, which is exactly what Crown3DS will be. Me personally, I have no desire to elarn different languages just to be able to understand a video game; if I want to learn a different language, I'll do it of my own accord. Homebrew, well, yeah, it would be nice, hopefully we'll see a way to run and make it soon.

But then again, to each their own.

Also - it would be funny if people stopped posting in this thread after RaulPica said he closed it. But I see we're beyond that, already. XD

Reactions: 1 person

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silly topic. focusing on something that has little value.

can someone at least take it off the main page?

thanks.
Wut? I can't see it on the main page anywhere.

Anyway, I'm closing it. The thread has derailed entirely, and it serves no purpose at all.

Everyone, please refraing opening new CROWN3DS threads until news appears. Thanks.
I agree with you raul you should close this tread as you said nice hiccup there raul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol