Not open for further replies.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do too, but a lot of people nowadays are used to flash carts and the easy way of doing things, and assume that's the only way.

Do you really expect noobs people to grasp and understand this concept? I mean, it's insanity! That something new, in development, and unfinished might not function like its antiquated predecessors? Please, that's just crazy talk.

Reactions: 4 people

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to say that it is real or fake, but if we imply that this thing is real,
then we should consider the following:

c3iiemzbv4z4hfa0g.png

I think it speaks pretty much for itself, unlike the DS, the 3DS this time has an OS that could be exploited with a device like the Crown3DS,
and thus making it obsolete just a few months after its release.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to say that it is real or fake, but if we imply that this thing is real,

c3iiemzbv4z4hfa0g.png

I think it speaks pretty much for itself, unlike the DS, the 3DS this time has an OS that could be exploited with a device like the Crown3DS,

There is no exploit _at_all_ IF the Crown3DS does what it claims.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you really expect noobs people to grasp and understand this concept? I mean, it's insanity! [...]

I think we just need to ignore th trolls nubs.

NeoGohan

Trophies
XP
Country
The are not many good 3ds games to me which is why I am not buying it at all.. Maybe for a long time until there are enough good games that I want. So far I have seen good games just for me:

Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion 2
New Super Mario Bros 2
Ninja Gaiden
Resident Evil: Revelations
Kid Icarus: Uprising

Thats not quite enough for me so I am okay with PS3 and Wii for now for a year or two. I am not heavy gaming anyway. I will play when I feel like. A life out of nature is better than inside the house staring at the tv screen everyday. :)

What does all this have to do with the Crown3DS website update?

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The are not many good 3ds games to me which is why I am not buying it at all.. Maybe for a long time until there are enough good games that I want. So far I have seen good games just for me:

Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion 2
New Super Mario Bros 2
Ninja Gaiden
Resident Evil: Revelations
Kid Icarus: Uprising

Thats not quite enough for me so I am okay with PS3 and Wii for now for a year or two. I am not heavy gaming anyway. I will play when I feel like. A life out of nature is better than inside the house staring at the tv screen everyday. :)

What does all this have to do with the Crown3DS website update?

42 is how his post relates to the Crown3DS website update.

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country

c3iiemzbv4z4hfa0g.png

I do too, but a lot of people nowadays are used to flash carts and the easy way of doing things, and assume that's the only way.

Do you really expect noobs people to grasp and understand this concept? I mean, it's insanity! That something new, in development, and unfinished might not function like its antiquated predecessors? Please, that's just crazy talk.

This is what they want you to believe. Not to forget that there is quite some criminal energy and drama (death threats etc.) behind the doors.

Bryan162

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAAAm that less than 9000
lol wat the hell is 2% :rofl2:
does it mean they figured out their budget or something
but seriously wat does 2% mean?

Edit: It would be cool if they finally released a video on wat they've been doing so far.

Well its a pretty complex process. They have to go and edit the code so that instead of 70%... it says 72%. Honestly, I'm amazed at their talent.
yes exactly, its a verry complete process. just look at the whole crown3ds itself. i think its going to be reallllly hard to make that into the size of a traditional flashcart. if they even try to downsize it like that.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

c3iiemzbv4z4hfa0g.png

the reason whythey are spending soo mutch time making it copy proof is

if someone was to copy and sell it for 5-10 dollars less and make it a little more stable people are gonna buy that card
than they have to spend more money making a better card and the cycle repeats it self

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
the reason whythey are spending soo mutch time making it copy proof is

if someone was to copy and sell it for 5-10 dollars less and make it a little more stable people are gonna buy that card
than they have to spend more money making a better card and the cycle repeats it self
Nothing electronic is copy-proof. They can stop trying.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a bull^%# excuse, cause if it does come out and another group finds out how to make it more stable and add new features, they will do it no matter what type of "protection" they are making. they are stalling. Making things do stuff that they shouldnt be able to do regularly is what hacking IS in a sense, so what is really gonna stop someone from improving on their work?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's a bull^%# excuse, cause if it does come out and another group finds out how to make it more stable and add new features, they will do it no matter what type of "protection" they are making. they are stalling. Making things do stuff that they shouldnt be able to do regularly is what hacking IS in a sense, so what is really gonna stop someone from improving on their work?
They want to get their time and money's worth before other groups release competitive products - I would too if I were to release a working piracy solution for the 3DS.

Still, I'd love to see more videos of the current set, right now I'm not convinced it's real.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They want to get their time and money's worth before other groups release competitive products - I would too if I were to release a working piracy solution for the 3DS.

Still, I'd love to see more videos of the current set, right now I'm not convinced it's real.

For what it's worth Devin did say he had a Chinese friend who said it was real.
Then again anything the Chinese can make cheap money on is real lol

I'm not fully convinced either. There could very well be a soldered retail Splinter Cell 3D chip on the back of the device, and they seemed to have intentionally not shown the back of the device.

But if it is real and they figure out how to make a "universal" chip (it can be done looking at Nintendo's CTR-008 cart) no game should ever need patching (although no game could be unofficially patched with this cart, to say the least) and it shouldn't require updating, or maybe every once a year because it would be terribly difficult to block a 1:1 cartridge. (it would need to be a 1:1 cartridge to run games in the way it demonstrated on Nintendo's home menu)

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - Cloning a cart is not that hard. I posted tons of info on the subject.

2 - Nintendo figured out how to stop direct clone carts back in the NES days, dude. There's tons of AP that can catch any modifications on the cart from the original it ships on, because not all carts are the same. For example one of the Donkey Kong games would check how much SRAM exists, and if there was a larger amount than the original cart shipped with. it'd error out. Seeing as "flash carts" would need to have more SRAM than that to account for larger games, they'd fail the check without patching the game or feeding it false info on a game-by-game basis (which would still require updates per-game). And that's just one example.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't believe in friends of a friend, I'd like to see a video with their progress to be convinced that some progress was actually made.

I understand that the miniaturization of the PCB takes time and so does testing, but so-far Crown Team does a horrible job at keeping the community updated.

Nintendo figured out how to stop direct clone carts back in the NES days, dude. There's tons of AP that can catch any modifications on the cart from the original it ships on, because not all carts are the same. For example one of the Donkey Kong games would check how much SRAM exists, and if there was a larger amount than the original cart shipped with. it'd error out. Seeing as "flash carts" would need to have more SRAM than that to account for larger games, they'd fail the check without patching the game or feeding it false info on a game-by-game basis (which would still require updates per-game). And that's just one example.
This can all be sorted out via a microcontroller that would scan the traffic. Of course it would require per-game updates, but spoofing the size of chips shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Alternatively just embed numerous chips and use switches to configure the device. It's really not that much of an issue.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

More bull. If they have a product but are spending time 'copyproofing' it, then they risk the possibility of somebody else getting to market first and loosing the window of opportunity for being the only flash card on the market. If they had something ready they would release it at a premium price and clean up in the x weeks it takes for anybody else to copy it. That is the only logical business strategy in this sector.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
More bull. If they have a product but are spending time 'copyproofing' it, then they risk the possibility of somebody else getting to market first and loosing the window of opportunity for being the only flash card on the market. If they had something ready they would release it at a premium price and clean up in the x weeks it takes for anybody else to copy it. That is the only logical business strategy in this sector.
You do realize that at this point of development the board is massive and nobody in their right mind would carry it around, right?

They need to make it smaller first, worst-case scenario an attachment for the back of the 3DS like the battery extensions - no larger than that.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
...so which is it? They're copy proofing it or shrinking it?

I thought that the board was massive at the "November" (or what ever time they first announced it) point of development. So what have they been doing all this time? Shrinking it? Copyprrofing it? Or none of the above?

I'll give you a hint; it's not the first two.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I thought that the board was massive at the "November" (or what ever time they first announced it) point of development. So what have they been doing all this time? Shrinking it? Copyprrofing it? Or none of the above?

Give it time. Time will tell if it's real or not. Don't get excited, don't get pessimistic, just be patient.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that at this point of development the board is massive and nobody in their right mind would carry it around, right?

They need to make it smaller first, worst-case scenario an attachment for the back of the 3DS like the battery extensions - no larger than that.

Since there is no 3ds "lite" out right now, if I were on the design team i would focus on shrinking the pcb and if it can't be done then I would focus more on making a design that would wrap around the back of the 3ds and sit somewhat snug against the back. You wouldn't be able to dock the system like that, but then again you have a flashcart

Give it time. Time will tell if it's real or not. Don't get excited, don't get pessimistic, just be patient.

There really isn't any point in getting into an argument over the supposed flashcart, there are rumors both ways and until some more definitive information comes out there is no reason to dispute nor confirm its existence but instead just say that there is a possibility

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4