Status
Not open for further replies.

PunchOut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm from France, where did you find that they are from France ?
If you can show me the adress and the phone number, I could verify if it's true.

PunchOut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's really weird that the adresse, city and postal code are from China, while the country and phone number are from France...

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
This obviously isn't a homebrew device, i wouldn't be surprised about this kind of info being totally false - they are making a grey area device that is illegal in some countries most likely. Not to mention avoiding attention from the obvious people who would not like it.

What's the point of this detective shit here anyway? You need your head checked if you think someones going to go to all this effort to hype a flashcard that so far plays 1 game. The preorders thing going on is a bit dodgy but thats retailers.

Jonez

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I am quite sure that thing is fake. It is too early that this has been hacked AND there are many fishy things in that video. I didn't read this whole threat but I am sure some points are already pointed out.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
mysticwaterfall said:
even though cyan's idea of using a ds homebrew to transfer games is preatty cool - don't know how you would switch between modes though
I thought about using two different flashcards, as a lot of people who will probably buy a 3DS flashcard already own a DS one. or the flashcard could have a physical switch to swap chipsets.

096901xxxx are real number from France (accorded to France Telecom by ARCEP for their internet box VoIP phones)

Yeah, you could do that. I was alo thinking lately you could have a microcontroller that redirect read/writes to a microsd without the menu. not as elegant, but you would still be able to have multiple games by swapping cards and it has the added bonus of being a lot harder to block.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If this team have a connection with France, they are gonna get their ass kicked hard by Nintendo.
laugh.gif

EDIT: Or maybe not since in latest trial Nintendo VS flashcarts, flashcarts sellers won.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country

whofan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This "crown3ds" is probably real or at least IS possible. The only thing that bothers me in the video is the way he closes the 3ds before inserting the card.
@TheDreamLord: It proves a connection between several chinese reseller sites and "crown3ds.com"

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
iNFiNiTY said:
What's the point of this detective shit here anyway? You need your head checked if you think someones going to go to all this effort to hype a flashcard that so far plays 1 game. The preorders thing going on is a bit dodgy but thats retailers.

lol so true ... "normal" people getting rare here on gbatemp these days ^^V

people should be happy if its beeing confirmed to be true (or maybe not ?) and if it is not its not a problem as well.
best would be to wait untill there is a release and some officials from GBATemp or another major site confirm that its legit.

tabizzle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit:sorry for not specifying earlier, but here is a concept image i made. (hopefully) this can be the menu for crown3ds.
topvz.png
bottomr.png

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it's release as an empty shell for 1:1 game storage, I think it will be the first device which can't be used to run homebrew.
Country like France or Spain won court cases against Nintendo because the flashcard devices for previous consoles wasn't "only" used to play retail games, but was a meant to play multimedia & homebrew.

Old consoles like Snes didn't have encryption key, so anyone could create homebrews and use a copier to run their own code, even if it was first intended for piracy.
Same for GBA cartridges, it was build around the game capability but could also hold homebrews.
New consoles with encryption can run homebrew because we could break their key verification in some way.

But this argument can't be used again as the device would be used only as a circumvention tool and not a development kit.
Though, it won't circumvent their encryption if what it only does is make a 1:1 copy and serves untouched game data. It's just empty shell. It could be legal if it allows game dumping too to allow personal backup creation in countries allowing that.

Currently, I think it's not as legal as other development flashcard and could be easily banned from shops by Nintendo.

tabizzle said:
Obviously fake : It's in english and not in Engrish !
rofl.gif

Anyone can photoshop a menu with 3DS screen size.
you can display it, but user think you are trolling by meaning "here is the official menu, you see there's one afterall".

If you don't want to be flag as a troll, then write some text and explain it instead of randomly posting a picture.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jonez said:
I am quite sure that thing is fake. It is too early that this has been hacked AND there are many fishy things in that video. I didn't read this whole threat but I am sure some points are already pointed out.
It's too early for a fully-working, insert-microSD-run-games card, definitely.

But I can totally believe that someone found a loophole in the the 3DS that lets them force something to run under very specific circumstances. It's not really possible to totally lock down the hardware, after all.

(That said, obviously I'll believe this when GBAtemp has a copy of a working flashcard in its hands and has posted a review, not before. But it doesn't seem totally impossible to me that someone could've figured out a clever way to bypass the system's security, especially given the number of people trying and the amount of money the first flash card on the market is going to make.)

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If it's a concept image, please label it as such. Sorry for suspecting trolling, but posts from 1-post users, especially if registered recently (as in, in the last 1 hour) are often trolling attempts. Especially in the 3DS hacking forums, since it's somewhat of a powder keg right now.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
this ain't for nothing but it could be possible to solder those cables to a original game card and show some boards to make people think that those cables connect to the boards, BUT they MAY be connected to a original game (in this case splinter cell).
Just saying i just believe in this when i see anyone else playing with this and showing more details.
BTW any release date?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tagg7 said:
Actually, seeing as this is just a programmable jtag controller I don't think that booting multiple games is even possible. To boot multiple games without an exact copy of the device, they'd have to figure out the boot signatures. It will likely need to be completely flashed every time you want to play a different game (in which case they will have to make the onboard memory pretty large). This could easily cost $100.
i can almost guarantee that it will use expensive onboard ram, and have NO removeable media, im guessing the 1st incarnation will have 1 gave worth of ram, and then we will see a knock off come out with a few , maybe 2 or 3 or 4 or maybe even 5 preset buttons, or maybe even one button and a tiny b/w lcd screen ,0-9#'s that cycle through
and be able to load different flash dumps that way,it would be totally possible if they had set up different flash ram banks inside and you load your games individually to each flash ram slot,and use the crude preset buttons to select which flash dump to switch to

if its 100 i think we are lucky ,that is still cheap, cheaper than 3 games, i mean i realize 3ds barely has 6 games for it ,but..

the guy who said

" would anyone really pay 100 for piracy"

im guessing was being sarcastic

like i said before , i paid almost $500 back in the day for a bung game doctor for my snes ,it used the old 2.5 floppy disks to store games , some games took 4 disks ,

and a not too long ago they released an extremely similar cart to this for the n64, yea it is a little late, and they still were charging like $200 for it , to pirate n64 games !!
so if this is $100 then consider it a steal

and if these are banned in england, im on the next flight with a suitcase full

and i doubt that ninty could shut down the sales of this thing, i mean they did sue bung and get them shut down,but after the v64 doctor was already released and selling for while
never did get one of those though, funny though they were in china ,hk actually ,im wondering if the only reason nintendo got them to stop was because hk was under british rule at the time, im not so sure if they were in a cith under chinese rule they would have been successful, anyone know the legality and history of that case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think they stopped making it due to disks exploding lol