Hacking Crown 3DS possible realase date???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I was reading the 3DS Dev hardware thread and it said it has to be signed and this would be signed code. So i believe so, unless im mistaken.
From what I've seen the stuff they run is not the same stuff on retail carts. Games in development are signed to be run on the dev machine, and when the final is produced it's sent to Nintendo and Nintendo gives it the final secret sigs that will let them run on the retail units.

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen the stuff they run is not the same stuff on retail carts. Games in development are signed to be run on the dev machine, and when the final is produced it's sent to Nintendo and Nintendo gives it the final secret sigs that will let them run on the retail units.
Well then they have to be testing theyre dumps on soldered homeade rigs as others were talking about. That or they dont test and no one knows if they work anyways.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
http://r4town.com/products/Crown-3DS-card-for-3DS-game-play.html

According to this site, it should come next year. I hope its true. I just want to play Japanese games on Europian 3DS. I hope this will make it region free. Damn Nintendo for not making it Region Free.

I would kill to play Project X Zone. Game even has english text option so not being able to play it in EU and US is dumb

U haven't heard this?

Crown3DS team failed

Many players are waitting for the Crown3DS card, but we are sorry to say: they are failed. Few days before, Crown3DS team reply the letter of TGbus, said they are failed to jailbreak Nintendo 3DS games. Few months before, they finished 70% of the jailbreak process, and thought will finish jailbreak very soon. But this work is so hard, they had to give it up.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope this will make it region free. Damn Nintendo for not making it Region Free.
Just sayian', but even if Crown3DS was real, it'd still be region locked, as AFAIK it was just an el-cheapo reflashable cartridge (it was just like owning the real game, only that it was reflashable).

They probably failed horribly since 3DS cards are probably too different to make a generic hardware for them.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Crown 3DS was and still is a scam. I'm guessing they were just holding out until someone successfully achieved running backups on the 3DS and then steal that person's work. Hence why the release date kept being pushed back further and further.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
to all people who think mail message is real its not. it was created with spoof mail on iphone by some british guy. As for region, its not system being locked. Its games that are so if someone made a flashcard that is region free it would work. Crown 3DS might do what you guys think. They are waiting to steal someone elses work. CFW is bot bad solution. It would be both awesome and region free :)

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A modchip =/= flashcart, how did they word it? Any modchip ive ever heard of was sodder on.
I know that a modchip isn't a flashcard, but my point is that a hardware solution can be the only solution to play homebrew.

also 3DS dev Units' won't run retail signed stuff, and correct me if I am wrong, but 3ds rom dums are verified with a crc32 check?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wasn't that the same site that said the card was fake? Then said the email was fake? Then said other stuff?

I don't trust that site, it seems to be just making shit up at this point.

If it is real, there is an official site for it
http://www.crown3ds.com/
And I am just going to trust that site when it comes down to crown3DS news.

Reactions: HorreC

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Website that doesn't know 1) the difference between DSi games and DS games and 2) where to get the information about products from + guy with < 10 posts = 100% truth.

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that a modchip isn't a flashcard, but my point is that a hardware solution can be the only solution to play homebrew.

also 3DS dev Units' won't run retail signed stuff, and correct me if I am wrong, but 3ds rom dums are verified with a crc32 check?
Well point is if someone has the tech to do it, it would be made and being sold from china already. There is no way someones just going to have the ability to do this and not cash out.

WingsOfEternity

Lurking since '08
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Wasn't that the same site that said the card was fake? Then said the email was fake? Then said other stuff?

I don't trust that site, it seems to be just making shit up at this point.

If it is real, there is an official site for it
http://www.crown3ds.com/
And I am just going to trust that site when it comes down to crown3DS news.

^This
Why would the site still be up if it's fake/they given up? Why haven't they formally announced they given up on the website so people stop emailing them? I could easily forge that email screenshot in less than 3 minutes on photoshop.
IMO It's not over till it's over.

Running a quick check on whois yields this
Domain Name: crown3ds.com
Registrar: AB Connect
Whois Server: whois.hosteur.com
Referral URL: http://www.hosteur.com
Name Server: NS1.PIPEDNS.COM
Name Server: NS2.PIPEDNS.COM
Updated Date: 14/09/2011 03:25:03
Creation Date: 26/07/2011 11:45:04
Expiration Date: 26/07/2013 00:00:00

tl;dr: We will definitely find out whether or not it is truly fake on July 27, 2013.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sort of reminds me of waaaay back in the day ,there was this product called cerberus64 for n64 ,a reflashable rom cart ,it was much cheaper than a game doctor v64 by bung ,the v64 was like 400 or 450 i think and the flash cart was supposed to be 100 or 150 , i forget,but it never materialized and i waited for nothing

AbeGrandpaSimpsonChipscopy.jpg

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
^This
Why would the site still be up if it's fake/they given up? Why haven't they formally announced they given up on the website so people stop emailing them? I could easily forge that email screenshot in less than 3 minutes on photoshop.
IMO It's not over till it's over.

Running a quick check on whois yields this

tl;dr: We will definitely find out whether or not it is truly fake on July 27, 2013.

Email was created with spoofmail by some british guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9